TIP: Back up your save!

Anthonymrb

Dam, so there is no real way to prevent it from happening?

Ok well from when I was playing with me friend he was thinking about what happened when his character glitched out. Basically, someone else was the host of the co-op game he was in and then the host left. Then his autosave was corrupted which in turn broke his character.

This reminds me a lot of Borderlands where if the host left the game before all the other co-op partners they would lose their progress or items that they looted because they weren't allowed a chance to save.

Now this is a bit more harsh and unforgiving but I think the rationale works the same. Let everyone leave before the host quits as when the last person leaves, the host will not have to refresh their game and they can begin from right where they're standing.

Meh, its too much effort to back up a save... and i'm very lazy lol. I don't think its an issue so long as you exit the game properly :) not that i'll complain if it does happen to me lol

You can change the storage device in game under options also, then exit the game and it get saved to the USB stick, then load the game and change back to hard drive and can continue playing! But I agree with you if you exit to the menu before exiting the game it should be safe or...?

• 9 months later...

I never, and I mean EEEEVER just dashboard out. I always quit to main menu and dashboard from there, for every game I play.

Was at lvl 35, 30hrs game play, joined a friends game and it froze up after about 2min. Had to shut down, restart and... corrupt save. Made a new save... froze/corrupt. Tried once more and I was good, but had to start from scratch. The "New Game/Act" thing didn't work. Tried it numerous times using every act, and nothing.

Oh well, it happens again and I'll just stop playing the game, and never buy another Deep Silver game again.