How To: The Egg Glitch

SlacKer4LiFe92

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only get one by finding it or having a friend give one to you. I find mine quite often in the level right after you defeat Irving, I found it twice there and each time it was dropped by an enemy. This glitch works wonders!!

Pro

I've went through the game once so far. Have infinite ammo on MAG, I have The Gold,Brown, and White egg, but NO rotten egg. I am just wondering why its the rotten egg glitch and not the gold egg glitch. Are rotten eggs worth more than a gold? If i ever find the dam rotten egg i Would know for myself.:mad:

Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Quick question, what do you mean by "Rinse"?

"Rinse & Repeat" is a North American expression, following from instructions on bottles of hair conditioner. Basically it means to do something again, to gain more benefit from it. The "joke" is that the instructions don't say when to stop.

Also I really doubt they can patch this glitch out without re-writing the save system. The fact RE5 saves progress separately from inventory is obviously a choice they made to help the players enjoy drop-in drop-out co-op, or to grind for gold and items. With the rarity and value of rotten eggs, and the fact you can't transfer more valuable weapons, I don't see why they'd try to stop the glitching. It's purely a time saver, and collecting that much gold without it is still possible, just unbearable. :)

Also, don't forget that it's much faster to REMOVE the eggs from Chris' inventory, and SELL them straight from the "item trunk". One slot in the trunk holds more than 150 eggs, so that's 300,000 gold in one sell. Just to be safe you might want to keep 5 or so... then you'll never have to egg hunt again if something bad happens to the other save file.

Edited by AutomaticOcelot