One Tip for Enjoying the Campaign (This should be Mandatory) - And One Question Abo

PuttyGod

Okay, for those who haven't played/finished the campaign yet or plan on playing it again, let me just tell you that you MUST go into Options and set your HUD to "fading" (hell, maybe even "none," but that might make it tough to manage bullets). I knew something was wrong from the very beginning and I quickly realized that it was the obtrusive HUD that they over-accentuated, and added all kinds of extra stuff to, like the mini-map that pinpoints where every collectible and objective is, as if you're playing Call of Duty or something, as well as displaying those three big goofy red health bars, batteries, and a permanent silhouette of whatever gun you have along with it's ammo. It absolutely kills any vibe that survived translation from the original AW and makes the whole deal feel even more hokey (not in a good way) that drives everything even further from its "thriller" roots. Fading HUD is much more passive; it tells you what you need to know, when you need to know it and nothing more.

Now, that I've shared my thoughts on that, on to my question:

Has anybody found a good source for maps of item layouts on the Fight Till Dawn maps? I think it would be infinitely useful and just make me overall more competitive and/or likely to keep trying to improve my scores if I had a nice, simple, accurate, top down diagram of where the guns, items, ammo boxes, and safe havens were on each map. I can remember some things, but overall, some areas look too similar for me to be able to make an accurate plan like I could in game modes like RE5's Mercenaries. I think that just always knowing where you're headed and why would make me feel much more in control of things. I already nailed all of the achievements, so it's not for that, I just really like the gameplay and think I could get more out of it if somebody found a couple top down layout charts for the maps. If anybody knows of something like this, please feel free to let me know!

Also, go ahead and let me know your opinion about my suggestion to use the fading HUD, if you'd like.

• 3 weeks later...