Favorite Borderlands DLC

kozydude

Couldnt find a post about this and wanted to see what other thought about the DLC for Borderlands compared to Borderlands 2. I personaly loved The Zombie Island Of Dr. Ned and really hoped for another Zombie themed DLC from Borderlands 2 but i guess they reached the end of their DLC run. What DLC was your favorite in Borderlands?

Probably the last two, General Knoxx and Claptrap revolution.

Dr. Zed was okay, but grinding zombie kills for brains got old fast. The arena DLC sucked because you couldn't get XP and the guns you got as rewards sucked. Grinding the achievements for that DLC was boring too.

The thing that irked me the most about the DLCs was that you couldn't fast travel in them.

I liked Zombie Island best, because of the setting and especially the humor (like popcorn, Dr. Ned totally not being Dr. Zed and all those Jakobs announcements at Jakob's Cove).:D

"Need we remind you of our company motto? If it ain't a Jakobs, I'd rather be dead. Please, lead by example."

This is closely followed be Claptrap's Robolution, which is also quite funny.

• 4 weeks later...
I liked Zombie Island best, because of the setting and especially the humor (like popcorn, Dr. Ned totally not being Dr. Zed and all those Jakobs announcements at Jakob's Cove).:D

"Need we remind you of our company motto? If it ain't a Jakobs, I'd rather be dead. Please, lead by example."

This is closely followed be Claptrap's Robolution, which is also quite funny.

Haha i loved the end boss for Claptrap's Revolution, although i still never got the achievement where you have to collect panties, pizza, and fish bowls or something like that haha.

Knoxx - it gave us the level cap increase among other goodies!!!

Im glad that in BL2 they added that in with the 3rd play through mode DLC, i hope they do the same with the 4th play through and level cap raise in the next DLC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

love to start the Zombie content once characters hit Lv.20 though because of how the zombies just dumb me the way through easy bonus experience from the weapon challenges like critical hits and kill count by weapon type (rocket launcher);

pretty sure one of the DLC brought just one new class mod per character type, making me just fall in love with Lilith's sniper ammo regen :woop:

No like:

- those skull faced suicide claptraps creep me out

- being unable to do the Lancer APC stuff from the driver seat :(

Save Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, all of the DLC in Borderlands 1 is really good, but I think we all can agree that The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is the best of the bunch. Not only did it give us a memorable villain and new weapons (as well as introducing pearlescents), it also introduced the Invincible bosses with Crawmerax (whose pretty much impossible to solo now).

The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is also pretty close to being my favorite because, let's be honest, what's more fun than killing zombies? Killing zombies with all manner of legendaries (though Shock and Corrosive weapons aren't nearly as effective). Dr. Ned's also a pretty hilarious villain.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed this my first time but REALLY am noticing it the 2nd time around going for achievements. I dislike ALL of the DLC and none of them are my favorites. Why?

Apply the same exact travel abilities from the vanilla game to the DLCs and they are about 1/4th as long as it takes you to complete them. I enjoy them still....as I love Borderlands...but its amazing how they did these DLCs thinking no one would notice the ridiculous things they did to make these seem longer and its unforgivable the amount of tedium they add in especially with these achievements that require insane dedication to get.

Zombie DLC. Pretty much where do I start? For no good reason what so ever theres no fast travel as with any DLC. So you will fight the same exact fights over and over and over while taking up to 15 minutes to do something that in the main game would take 60 seconds. Everything about the Brains quest...its a troll quest...I COMPLETELY missed it my first time around and having finished it now here its beyond tedious. I thought by getting it right off of the jump before doing any other quests it would be alright but no. You STILL gotta grind even if you have the quests active for the entire duration of the DLC. Oh and...the guns you get are a joke....are you serious no unique gun for collecting the final 250 brains? The stupid way this quest is broken down....seeing as how any basic travel in this DLC takes an absurd amount of time....once you see the amount of brains you have you will realize you need to start heading BACK to TK even if you just left from there or else your gonna end up having to pick up a ton of left over brains later because by the time you get to where you wanted to go and back you will have the amount you need for TK. So the first 1-3 sections of this I think it was...10...15...50 etc. Its just running around tediously making sure you waste NOTHING by constantly having to change your plans by heading back to TK. Whats funny is even while doing that....I STILL had to do extra runs after completing the DLC to finish the final Brains Quest. Yet thats mostly because the DLC is shockingly short if you actually realize how much time you spend running for no reason. I dont appreciate games that do this...especially not DLC. Its weird too because its Borderlands....why they decided to do it this way is weird especially when the main game is long and worth every penny. This is an hour long DLC with fast travel.

Underdome. Pretty much impossible to do solo....and if you try its simply tedious trying not to die and it takes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to fight with variations that aren't even fun....a mode that takes my health unless I kill seriously?. Whats annoying is by the time your level 42-43 pretty much EVERY kill counts as nothing XP wise and it makes the combat stale....yet figure here is the only point where enemies are actually scaled to be HIGHER than you so the XP should be massive but...no...you gain....none. Then for completing 5 rounds and 25 waves in 3 maps...75 waves...you get...10,000 xp? Its INSANELY time consuming for pretty much zero gain. I mean the might as well just let us get the 2-5XP that every other enemy gives us now. I have no idea how I will ever hit level 50...

General Knox. This took Zombie DLCS tedium and maxed it out. The TEN MILLION TIMES you will traverse those highways doing the EXACT same fights for no XP....then if thats not bad enough they block some of the road off at times to make the trip LONGER. Then another troll quest which blocks you from the complete all quest achievement as well as the one for beating Crawermax. Eventually I will just have to look up a cheap way to beat him.

Claptrap. Who woulda thought....open the DLC with another tedium collect quest that requires you to pointlessly return to the giver 4 times as opposed to just collecting them all at once! Filled with collectable achievements that are pretty much only obtainable if you dedicate HOURs...HOURS into simply spawning claptraps and killing them in hopes of dropping the insanely rare items. The DLC somehow feels lazier than the others....extremely simple sidequests completable within 2-3 minutes of getting them....

For the record I LOVE Borderlands its one of my favorite games of all time. Im still very excited to play Borderlands 2 DLC....I just really hope its not like the first games DLC where they eliminate travel options and make things tedious all for the sake of it seeming like we got our moneys worth.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...