Characters that Make you Groan?

anyone have any characters they dont like seeing on the other side of the lineup?

right now for me its dante. some the combos players have pulled off against me just make me shake my head and take a break for a while. on top of that, he seems to be on 95% of the teams i play against. makes me /sadface. i imagine once im actually decent at the game the problem will be lessened, but i have to get there first.

other than that though, seem to be seeing a fair mix of different people getting used, so that makes me happy.

Dante is in none of my 3 main teams at the moment (doubt he will be either, hes quite boring after you have seen a gazillion of them doing the same dead combo) but i can use him though. Having more fun watching Dantes try to get into Trish/Dormammu/Ironman (my current 3rd team) by using his hidden teleport and getting into serious trouble.

I think the only characters that annoys the hell out of me are Wolverine and Spencer (ironically, i use Spencer aswell in my main team). Its quite difficult to punish Them consistently because both of them are fast playing characters and the netcode isnt *quite* there.. yet.

Dante I'm not surprised to see honestly, he has the largest move list out of any character in any vs game. There are so many ways to play with him it's ridiculous. Though admittedly when people pull off the same combos every match it does get tiring. I also hate the "Megaman" spammers as I call them, aka the people who play as Arthur and spam his lance throwing.

Besides that I honestly don't have any gripes about the roster or any BS players. Though admittedly it makes me sad to see nobody play as MODOK online, I'd like to see someone who took the time to get good with him, he would get kudos in my book.

Edit:

Yeah, Deadpool Sucks. Don't like being Zoned by him. His personality is interesting for like, five minutes.

Until you realize how much funnier it was when Spider-Man was the first smart ass super-hero. Than everything Deadpool says, does is like *face palm*

Edited by MR. RAiDER 702

Dante I'm not surprised to see honestly, he has the largest move list out of any character in any vs game. There are so many ways to play with him it's ridiculous. Though admittedly when people pull off the same combos every match it does get tiring. I also hate the "Megaman" spammers as I call them, aka the people who play as Arthur and spam his lance throwing.

Besides that I honestly don't have any gripes about the roster or any BS players. Though admittedly it makes me sad to see nobody play as MODOK online, I'd like to see someone who took the time to get good with him, he would get kudos in my book.

Faced a guy with a 246-13 record last night who used MODOK. He ended my 8 game win streak. On to the next one.

I play MODOK, and when I do I usually take out 2 characters with him alone.

I play MODOK, and when I do I usually take out 2 characters with him alone.

Then you get kudos in my book. I tried playing with MODOK multiple times and I just cannot get a grasp of him, not having a traditional jump or block really screws me up. He definitely seems to be one of those that if you were to work at it long enough the payoff would be incredible. But I just don't have the patience to do that lol

Then you get kudos in my book. I tried playing with MODOK multiple times and I just cannot get a grasp of him, not having a traditional jump or block really screws me up. He definitely seems to be one of those that if you were to work at it long enough the payoff would be incredible. But I just don't have the patience to do that lol

He's actually pretty simple to use. All you have to do is a keep a barrier up for marauding close range characters, and dot the area with balloon bombs (depending on their current range). Psionic blaster has ridiculous knockback for when they get too close. If they try to go overhead, use body attack to get away quickly. The Analyze Cube/Jamming Bomb is a nice combo but I don't use it too often.

He's actually pretty simple to use. All you have to do is a keep a barrier up for marauding close range characters, and dot the area with balloon bombs (depending on their current range). Psionic blaster has ridiculous knockback for when they get too close. If they try to go overhead, use body attack to get away quickly. The Analyze Cube/Jamming Bomb is a nice combo but I don't use it too often.
I find M.O.D.O.K a really interesting character but I can't seem to air combo with him. His little legs just kick widly! LOL

I'll keep practising.

-Sentinel is very cheap (I either get in his face and get punched back or I'm far away and they spam rockets or lasers out of his mouth

-Ryu and Akuma combo..these two are more acceptable because they require a little more skill to use, but the 2 of them on 1 team makes ppl cry a little (akuma assist with spinning kick into ryu using hyper hadoken from across screen)

*SIGH* I use Deadpool, but only because of his speed. I try not to use his gun, only against the spammers. Dante I have had my frustrations with. My record is 2 and like 15, yeah I suck at the moment haha. But in all fairness 13 of those loses have been Dante, Amaterasu and a random based team. Looks like I need to practice more is all. I get too anxious. Just need to slow down the pace on my end.

But in all fairness too, this game from what I've played has been very well rounded and balanced. Just need to pick apart the other player.

Current team(s):

Deadpool, X-23 and Phoenix, with the occasional switch out of Modok or Thor. Marvel fan boy here by the by.

Captain America. His charging star attack goes through Dormammus dark hole which is very annoying as I didn't know that the first time I fought him so it became bad quickly.

Surprises me so many people are still having problems with Sentinel. Wolverine, Dante, X-23, Wesker, Dormammu, and MODOK handle him extremely easily. If anyone wants add me and I can show ya some stuff to help.