Achievement Discussion

Alright guys, there's no Achievement discussion, Roadmap, Guide, or Collectible Guide (or anything that seems to be being worked on), so let's get the ball rolling.

For those who are playing, how hard is the hardest difficulty, is there a point of no return? Open world collectibles or mission based ones that are missable?

Let's just get common information gathered so all those who do go cheevo hunting on this one can get their bearings straight.

If anyone has tips for S Grade wheelies/jumps/drifts etc, or any other tips, feel free to post.

Starting this game up as I post this. I'll update as I see fit, but this is by no means a guide.

Update: I'll just start listing stuff here as I find it.

Melee Weapons

----------------

Knife

Wrench

Knuckle Duster (Brass Knuckles)

Police Baton

Baseball Bat (barbed wire around it)

Hammer

Fists

Headshot Achievement: Almost impossible to miss. Just aim for the head for the first few missions, easy.

Taking Initiative (Dirty Fighting Move Achievement): In the Brewery level (first boss "Anvil" mission), there will be icons of blue broken bottles in a room with some tables, and a room with some holes in the ground inside the brewery. Press the attack button (or perhaps X) while you and an enemy are near it, and you will get that one quickly as well.

Drug Seller Achievement: Unfortunately all the drugs look the same when dropped by an enemy (looks like a ziploc baggie with white powder in it). After killing and enemy, simply walk over the things they've dropped (often money, ammo, drugs, or a combination of the three). Once you get to Dead End, you can sell them to the drug dealer for some cash.

As stated by user Tower Bridge, you can check your collectible progress by mission at the mission board in Dead End. To view your progress, approach your motorcycle in front of Mack's Garage and press B. There, you can select a mission, and press X to see details. It will give you a count of cards, paint cans, etc collected for said mission. You will first reach Dead End after killing the first boss: Anvil. You can also sell drugs to the drug dealer, upgrade your bike (which you unlock different upgrades through card collecting), and you can buy guns/upgrade current guns for cash at the army van.

Point of No Return: There is none. You can replay missions and continue.

1% Mode: You can replay missions from the bulletin board and change the difficulty to 1% mode, so you don't have to start a new game and lose collectibles.

Edited by Amazon XD

I had to beat the game once on normal to unlock the 1% difficulty. I don't know if beating on easy will unlock 1%. The normal/medium difficulty wasn't bad at all.

You can go back to earlier missions to get collectibles, which are mission based. Fortunately from the mission board it will show you what which collectibles you are missing from each submission making the mop-up a lot easier.

S grade wheelie I think is about 1500 feet. You can simply replay one of the easier driving missions over and over to get ten, same with slides. Some of the later missions have big jumps its easy to get an S on.

Don't worry about getting A rank on the shooting gallery first time through; you can bring upgraded weapons later in the game making that one easier.

I think I will start on 1% next. So far it doesn't like the 1000 will be too bad. Hopefully nothing is missing or glitched.

Edited by Tower Bridge

Yeah, you're right about the slides and wheelies. I unlocked the "high flying" achievement super quick. I think it might be glitched in a good way?

Besides that, I got the 3 A Grades on the shooting range after about 5 or so restarted checkpoints. It's more about accuracy. Aim for the gut of the target and not the head.

Feel like the game is pretty short, eh? I've been playing for about an hour and I'm on the 5th out of 37 missions. Almost done with the Brewery part. Still haven't gotten to the drug trading or upgrading parts yet.

That being said, the first girl you can help out is located after you talk to Carlos. She's yelling in the motel parking lot.

Also, the weapons I've found so far are...

Wrench

Knuckleduster (Brass Knuckles)

Knife (I think?)

So, if there's anything anyone wants to add as far as collectible wise, that could be cool. Where in the progress screen does it show what submissions/missions have what collectibles? Or have I just not gotten that far yet? About to kill Anvil, I believe.

Also haven't reached any upgrading or drug trading yet. I have collected what appears to be cocaine though. I'm just going to assume that most drugs aren't that hard to find?

After beating Anvil you will be in a little town with a military supply shop, a drug dealer, and the garage. Just outside the garage is a bulletin board with the missions and what % complete you have for each mission

The drugs are real easy. I had at least 1 of every variety after the first boss. They all look the same when you pick them up. There's only about 6-7 melee weapons as well. A lot of these things you can get without really trying. The other 3 girls were hard to miss. The only tricky one is the cards on the motorcycle segments as you fly by them so fast. A lot of the motorcycle parts unlock from getting cards.

I did see that, during the first mission as you try to catch up to your brother on the cruiser. There was several cement pipes and whatnot that I missed, and they probably had cards in them. However, I'm sure it won't be hard to put our brains together and figure out the most commonly missed ones.

I'm just now getting back into the game (Had to go to one of lady friend's 21st birthday party). I'm honestly not having that bad of a time with this game.

Like Deadpool, while repetitive to an extent, it's unique enough to overlook the obvious design flaws. I agree with the other thread; if this was given a proper treatment and not rushed out as a 30 dollar game, this could've been the next Full Throttle. Very intriguing. While the story can be hit or miss, I do enjoy the whole biker theme. There hasn't been any biker themed 360 games that I can think of beyond the expansion for GTA IV.

Not a bad rental, honestly. Good for cheevos too!

Also, on topic, any cards in the hub world? Also, can you go back to Dead End after you've beaten the main story line and replay missions, or is there a point of no return?

Edited by Amazon XD

For the "My Prescription" Achievement it didn't unlock for me the first time around.

I had 1 of every drug type after the first boss but selected "Sell All" with the dealer.

After the Colt Mission you will probably have a full stack of every drug again.

Just sell them 1 drug type at a time and then confirm with "X" and it will unlock for you.

I don't remember any cards in Dead End. There is no point of no return. After you beat the last mission you spawn in Dead End.

The only thing with the collectibles is there is one piece of bike art you unlock for beating the game on 1% difficulty. You have the option to change mission difficulty but I don't know if by replaying each mission from the bulletin board and changing it to 1% if you would unlock the achievement. I played it safe and started a new campaign on 1% which resets all your collectibles.

So I wouldn't worry about collectibles in the first run as you'll have to get them all again. Or you could replay everything via mission select on 1% and be the guinea pig to find out if that works.

I am on the first section of the King Dick mission where some guy is running away. I follow him through a building and through a gate, then down the street past some trucks and through another gate. Then he slows down crossing a road and runs through a third gate and I instantly fail the mission. Anyone know what I have to do as this is driving me nuts!

When he slows to a walk, you have to get close then aim your gun at him and hold it there for about five seconds while the little red circle fills. Do not shoot!

I got the 1k today

I would guess around 15 hours, could be faster with a collectible guide.

You need to beat the game to unlock 1% difficulty so two runs needed. Don't even bother with collectibles on the first run as you need to get them all on 1% difficulty for all the bike art. After you beat the campaign on 1% and get that achievement you can lower the difficulty while replaying missions to mop up.

1% difficulty was not bad at all. The on-foot sections were still easy. A couple of the on-bike sections were a little tricky as you take more damage but nothing too bad.

I reloaded the mission where you tail the army truck over and over for the ten bike rage kills. The first anvil mission has plenty of open road for wheelies and slides. Just make sure the game saves before you reload the map.

Edited by Tower Bridge

@Tower Bridge any tips on finding collectibles mate, I'm just replying on 1% and I can't seem to find them all.

Example on Anvil -> Brewery - I'm missing one playing card, Its a on-foot map but cant find it anywhere I've check every corner of the map and can't find I don't know where it could be.

Any help or tips on where most cards are hidden would help. I normally check all corner and opposite direction of the checkpoint on motorbike I make every jump and shortcut and I'm still missing some.

Thanks again.

The cards are tricky, even if you know which levels you are missing them on. On the road levels some of them are tucked away behind barricades and are hard to see.

For the brewery, I remember there is one in the offices on level 2 you have to shoot the glass to get into. There is another just before you head to level 3 amongst some vats. I think there may have been one on the very beginning as well.

Ah it's the silly checkpoint system, reloaded brewery and figured it out.

That sub-level actually starts you at the army base fighting two dudes. After that, before the shooting range, there is a locker room and there is a card around the corner. There are only two within the brewery itself as described above both on the 2nd floor.

Is it possible to.concentrate on getting some of the collectible achievements on the lower difficulty and some on the 1% difficulty ? For example, get all the cards on the lesser difficulty and then all the bike parts on the 1% difficulty and ignoring the cards ?

I completed game on easiest difficulty while collecting half the cards. Once I completed game I switch difficulty to 1%, Using the Bulletin Board (Mission Select) to replay all missions while collecting the ones I missed. Then I don't have to start a new game and loose all the cards and paint I've collected so far.

I hope I made sense lol, I only just woke up :D. I don't know if mission select is going to work to get achievement for 1%, If it does I will update or post a message and let people know. If it don't then I'm going to have to start a new game and re-collect everything like other people did, By what I can tell no one else has tried mission select they didn't want to risk it not working and playing it a 3rd time.

Edited by BBALL UK

I completed game on easiest difficulty while collecting half the cards. Once I completed game I switch difficulty to 1%, Using the Bulletin Board (Mission Select) to replay all missions while collecting the ones I missed. Then I don't have to start a new game and loose all the cards and paint I've collected so far.

I hope I made sense lol, I only just woke up :D. I don't know if mission select is going to work to get achievement for 1%, If it does I will update or post a message and let people know. If it don't then I'm going to have to start a new game and re-collect everything like other people did, By what I can tell no one else has tried mission select they didn't want to risk it not working and playing it a 3rd time.

Yup, it seems like no one has attempted to play through the bulletin board missions on 1% difficulty. Let us know if it unlocks the achievement, as it will save people the headache of having to recollect all the collectibles! Thanks for testing it out!