Achievement Discussion

Barad

This would be my first biking game. Are the achievements easy to get?

Well for the average game who doesn't really play these bike games, the achievements on 2011 were near impossible and required more patience and time than you can imagine. This years list doesn't look too different unfortunately. If this is your first cycling game, don't expect many achievements. ;)

I would like to play this game though, probably try 2011 first.

This years edition certainly looks much easier than last years. I've invested many hours in TdF'11, and I stopped playing at around 600/1000. The remaining achievements were both ridiculously time consuming and ridiculously hard. I doubt anyone has 1000/1000 in that game.

I feel certain that I'll manage 1000/1000 this time around though, as it looks like the most time consuming ones are out of the picture. You will however need some knowledge of cycling and cycling tactics. Which bikers are good at what, how to use your train and efficiently using breakaways.

I'm gonna use this game on my second monitor watching Tour de France, as a supplement. So looking forward to it!

This years edition certainly looks much easier than last years. I've invested many hours in TdF'11, and I stopped playing at around 600/1000. The remaining achievements were both ridiculously time consuming and ridiculously hard. I doubt anyone has 1000/1000 in that game.

I feel certain that I'll manage 1000/1000 this time around though, as it looks like the most time consuming ones are out of the picture. You will however need some knowledge of cycling and cycling tactics. Which bikers are good at what, how to use your train and efficiently using breakaways.

I'm gonna use this game on my second monitor watching Tour de France, as a supplement. So looking forward to it!

You're a fan then ;) How long did it take to get to 600G on 2011?

There's no stats function in the game, so I can't say for sure. I'm not lying though, saying i spent around or over 100 hours. Some of the achievements got a lot easier when they introduced the energy boosters DLC, where you could eat/drink snacks during races to recover from fatigue.

Most of those 100 hours were trying and failing. Failing sprints, failing breakaways, failing attacks. And most of all, failing tempo's. They are a true bitch.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a fan and I enjoy the game. There are some good improvements compared to the TDF 2011 game and the achievements are slightly easier. After my first Tour I had 390 points and that's okay, I guess. Now after my second Tour, I expect to have around 550 points. That being said, there are a few very tricky achievements that I probably will never get.

I'm a fan and I enjoy the game. There are some good improvements compared to the TDF 2011 game and the achievements are slightly easier. After my first Tour I had 390 points and that's okay, I guess. Now after my second Tour, I expect to have around 550 points. That being said, there are a few very tricky achievements that I probably will never get.

Great to hear I'm not the only one having a great time with this game. Any achievements in particular you struggle with? Maybe I can give you some hints or tips, currently at 715 after two playthroughts, should be able to round up to a 1000/1000 within a couple of weeks depending on how much spare time I have.

Oh, by the way, have you gotten the 'Never Alone' achievement? I've been raping the team radio to no end, but can't seem to unlock the achievement. Can't for the life of me figure out which radio command I haven't used yet.

Also, if you're looking to get the 'Be my guest' online achievement, I need it aswell. Would be a pleasure helping you out.

Unfortunately, Cyanide is not listening to the Mac-users, so my TDF fix must be on the xbox and not with Pro Cycling Manager on the Mac. :( But TDF 12 is a nice substitute, though I really like the management in PCM.

A couple of achievements that i will have problems with (Im currently having problems keeping the yellow jersey with Wiggins!):

Demolition man - Win a stage with more than 2 minutes advance on the 2nd rider.

Support the pressure - Wear the yellow jersey for 7 stages with an Expert level team during the same Tour de France.

From nowhere - Win a stage with a rider who has no gold, silver or bronze medal.

Dream team - Win the Tour de France and have a team-mate who is placed 2nd or 3rd in the final overall rankings.

Experienced player - Win the Tour de France with a team of Expert or Difficult level.

My main problem is that I cannot win the mountain stages. It really seems like the AI never runs out of energy, when they attack, and I cannot counter them. I did not have this problem in TDF 11.

For the I live in the mountains achievement, do you know if only the HC count and not some of the final climbs to the finish line? Also, do you know how to do a celebration combo for the Enjoy the victory?

And yes, I have tried all the communication commands and still no Never alone achievement. Maybe they also need to be used in single stages? I have only played the complete tour.

I have the online achievement but I can help you with it. I can just keep behind but I still think that you need to win the stage and not just over me, but I'm not sure. I got it on my first try with Cavendish as I won on the last stage.

Demolition man - Win a stage with more than 2 minutes advance on the 2nd rider.

I got mine with Teejay Van Garderen (CBM) on Stage 18 from Bagnères-de-Luchon to Peyragudes. Stack up with 2x bananas, 1x apricot. Join an early breakaway (can be hard with Teejays poor tempo, but with a few tries you will succeed). Simulate till the last part of the stage, eat the bananas, launch an attack and keep a steady high pace while eating apricots. I think I beat Sioustou (SKY) with 2'10 or something.

Support the pressure - Wear the yellow jersey for 7 stages with an Expert level team during the same Tour de France.

Really easy this one as the first stage is a TT and the next 6-7 stages are flat stages where the peleton always gets a +0, so all you have to do is to win the time trial and you're good. I used Jerome Coppel from Saur-Sojasun. With a good TT he will clock in at about or slightly over 7 minutes. You'll have a hard time to go any lower than that, so just keep restarting till the winning time is at or over 7.02 (Press right D-pad twice.).

From nowhere - Win a stage with a rider who has no gold, silver or bronze medal.

Again breakaways is your best friend. I got this one at the same time I got the demolition man achievement with Teejay Van Garderen, who is a really decent allrounder in hilly and mountain stages.

Dream team - Win the Tour de France and have a team-mate who is placed 2nd or 3rd in the final overall rankings.

Struggling with this one myself. Tried to do it with my favourite team, Sky, starring Wiggins and Eddy the Boss, but I think I gave up around stage 10 when the mountains set in. As you said aswell - Scheck, Sanchez and Valverde are absolute beasts.

I think the way I'll have to go with this one is to use Radioshack and the Schleck brothers. My strategy will be riding as Fränk and letting Andy do his thing. Time trials will be a huge challenge though.

Experienced player - Win the Tour de France with a team of Expert or Difficult level.

I tried this with Jerome Coppel from Saur-Sojasun, but got raped in the mountains no matter what I did. My next strategy will be to use Voeckler, keeping a low profile untill releasing a few monster breakaways into the mountains. Will be challenging for sure.

For the I live in the mountains achievement, do you know if only the HC count and not some of the final climbs to the finish line? Also, do you know how to do a celebration combo for the Enjoy the victory?

All the final climbs are categorized. The previously mentioned Stage 18 (Bagnères-de-Luchon to Peyragudes) being the toughest one, a first category climb. So you'll only have to worry about the mid-stage climbs :)

For Enjoy the Victory just wiggle the right stick around after passing the finnish line as the winner.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
will be trying those tips. still my first play through. any tips on getting the yellow, green and polka jerseys in the same tour. Do they have to be with one rider or just the team??

anyone here who can help me get the multiplayer achievement??

I also need the multiplayer one

Tip for all three jerseys , andy schleck, he is awesome