Mr. Perfect Discussion

Aerialacia360

i'm up to Wily 1 and i'm having trouble with the second set of robot masters. does anyone have tips for dodging the red square for napalm man when it comes down? it homes in on me and i can't avoid it.

post any other questions about getting the Mr. Perfect achievement here

i'm up to Wily 1 and i'm having trouble with the second set of robot masters. does anyone have tips for dodging the red square for napalm man when it comes down? it homes in on me and i can't avoid it.

post any other questions about getting the Mr. Perfect achievement here

When you see Napalm Man show up on the screen, get to the middle of the room, but to the left a little so he can drop straight down. Hit him with the Rebound Striker. You can get 3-4 hits on him before he does his attack. When you see him jump, run right underneath him. The napalm bombs will miss you and you can turn around and finish him off.

Slash Man will first land about a block's width away from you. As soon as he lands hit him with your weapon and move away, as his slash has a wide range (about three blocks). Run under him when he jumps to a new position, attack and avoid his slash.

His big weakness is the Chill Spike, but it's so hard to control, I ended up using the Triple Blade.

If you haven't already beaten it, I would suggest practicing the fight in the Challenges, so you can get your timing down.

Edited by HamKet

thanks Skull Kid, I can do the second set easily now. anyone have tips for the third set, specifically slash man?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKuzg__gTOU]YouTube- Mega Man 10 - Mr. Perfect, Wily Castle 1 (EASY)[/ame]

As HamKet said, Slash Man will always first land next to you. To hit him, shoot a Chill Spike the opposite direction from where he is and quickly jump on top of it. When he jumps towards you, run under him and he should land on the Chill Spike if you were on top of it.

thanks again guys. I'm up to Wily 4 now and it's definitely the hardest one yet. i've played it for like ~3 hours and haven't gotten past form 1 of the boss. 99% of the time i'm unable to make it past the 8 bosses; commando or chill man usually gets me. any tips?

Don't get me started on Wily 4. I was stuck there for probably about 8 hours total. Commando Man and Chill Man gave me the most problems; Solar Man was also troublesome, but not as much. I only ever got past all eight robots twice, and I finished Wily the second time I got there.

Wily Machine form 1 is weak against the Solar Flame, just jump up on the giant missiles and hammer him with the flames while avoiding the smaller missiles. It's not too tough.

Wily Machine form 2 is trickier. He'll charge from right to left while shooting a small electric ball at you; he does this four times. He also shoots a trap that pins you in place; this sometimes happens at the start or end of his four charges. He finishes with a tall electric beam that sweeps right to left or left to right.

Make sure to lead the electric balls up and away from the ground, so they are easy to avoid. When the little trap that holds you in place appears, destroy it as fast as you can so you don't get hit by the electricity beam or ball. The trap is resistant to Triple Blade, so use the Buster. Stand directly underneath the glass bubble to avoid the large elctric beam as it moves behind you.

Only the glass bubble is vulnerable, but hard to hit. It's weak against the Water Shield, though it can be tough to aim it properly. You can also try using the Rush Coil on the far left side of the screen to jump high and hit him with the Mega Buster or Triple Blade. Hit the bubble whenever you can take a shot, but don't get cocky. Eventually, you'll get him.

My suggestion would be to complete the game on easy (continue from your current save, but don't save over it!) to unlock the challenge for Wily Machine E and Wily Capsule E so you can practice them. Then go back to Wily 4 on your perfect run. That way, when you do finally get past all eight robots, you'll know you can best Wily.

Good luck.

Goddamn, I'm having a hell of a time with the first Wily stage. If Elec Man doesn't screw me over, something in the stage does. If that doesn't, Tornado Man screws me over. Arrghhhhhh....and here I thought Slash Man would be only one to give me trouble, I've got him down at least.

And to think I have the 4th Wily Stage to look forward to. :p

I´ll buy this game today and i have a question to Mr. Perfect.

If i got hit, then i can reload my game and do it again and i´ll get my achievement? Sounds easy.

yes, you can save after every level, so if you ever get hit, just reload your old save and start over.

it would be frickin impossible if you had to do the whole game without saving

Even though I did this on Mega man 9 I still decided to do it on this game on Easy Mode for the simple fact you could save in-between the Wily Stages. I will say however that, for me at least getting through Wily Stage 4 was a real pain. I would even say that it was harder to take out all 8 RMs in this game then it was on my Mr. Perfect run on MM9... and this was on Easy Mode.

Don't get me started on Wily 4. I was stuck there for probably about 8 hours total. Commando Man and Chill Man gave me the most problems; Solar Man was also troublesome, but not as much. I only ever got past all eight robots twice, and I finished Wily the second time I got there.

chill man gave me the most trouble, but one trick that really helped me out with him was... as soon as your solar blaze connects with him, hit the back button to go to the weapons select menu, and then unpause and the sweeping flames will disappear, allowing you to shoot again immediately. if you do that every time, it will cut the time of your fight down by like half.

also, in other fights, using wheel cutter to climb the wall to avoid ground attacks did wonders.

Blade Man is pretty easy once you know what to do. When the round starts, jump and shoot your Commando Bomb and run towards him. You should run under his blades. When he repositions himself above you, run and ppssibly jump away from his position to avoid his blades. If he ever pauses on the side of the wall, he'll jump to your spot on the ground so move accordingly.

Basically, jump and shoot and then run towards him to miss his blades while he's on the wall. Run away from him when he's above you, and jump if needed to miss the blades.

Also, watch this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-CudkoZwKg]YouTube- Mega Man 10: Challenges 1 [50], Blade Man E (Perfect run, Easy mode)[/ame]