1999 Mode Discussion

Creech

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recognize Creech from the site, but I'm not sure who Crouch is.

Barty Crouch...Jr.?

Can't wait to see how many people ignore this stickied thread and create their own threads asking about something in regards to 1999 mode, or bragging that they beat 1999 mode.

I beat 1999 mode. No vending machines. At all. Like, none of that dolla dolla bill(z yo) or that whack ass veni vidi vigor minuteman armory crazy technology upgrade stuff. The ending was a pain. And the Lady Comstock fights. And a handyman fight.

Oh well, I got the 1000:gsicon:.

Suck it, nerds

Barty Crouch...Jr.?

Can't wait to see how many people ignore this stickied thread and create their own threads asking about something in regards to 1999 mode, or bragging that they beat 1999 mode.

I beat 1999 mode. No vending machines. At all. Like, none of that dolla dolla bill(z yo) or that whack ass veni vidi vigor minuteman armory crazy technology upgrade stuff. The ending was a pain. And the Lady Comstock fights. And a handyman fight.

Oh well, I got the 1000:gsicon:.

Suck it, nerds

Couldn't have said it better myself. Good grief all the duplicate threads.

This game is great, but the idea of the manual checkpoints is awful. Its ruining my run on 1999 mode completely. Hate the fact that I die way too easy and I can't do anything else except reload checkpoint because bosses regain ALL of their health. Its completely pointless and so annoying reloading the checkpoint over and over again when its like 5 minutes before I die.

It's the hardest mode in the game. It's supposed to be a challenge..

I never felt like the checkpoints set me too far back. Time-wise I guess it depends how much looting and exploring you do.

I don't mind that its tough or a challenge. I hate the fact that it gives me stupid checkpoints where I have to re-watch a cut scene 10 times or re-stock on ammo and health every time. Apart from that, the game is amazing.

Few days ago, 1999 was kicking my ass so I decided to go on lower diff. first, but still 1999 will be hardcore for me.

So I would love to have it summed up

Infusions - I know I should first spend them on armor, not on health, but after armor, salts right?

Armor - people have different ideas about this, what do you think is the best?

Sirens - upgrade the charge, I got this

Handymans - pretty much toughest enemies if Sirens will be cake with upgraded charge, so I know how to glitch 1st handyman on the the little roof in that chapter 19-20 or what is that, but what about the next ones, can I glitch them or skip them somehow? On 1999 even hordes of normal enemies were kicking my ass, so less enemies or no tough enemies - the better.

Few days ago, 1999 was kicking my ass so I decided to go on lower diff. first, but still 1999 will be hardcore for me.

So I would love to have it summed up

Infusions - I know I should first spend them on armor, not on health, but after armor, salts right?

Armor - people have different ideas about this, what do you think is the best?

Sirens - upgrade the charge, I got this

Handymans - pretty much toughest enemies if Sirens will be cake with upgraded charge, so I know how to glitch 1st handyman on the the little roof in that chapter 19-20 or what is that, but what about the next ones, can I glitch them or skip them somehow? On 1999 even hordes of normal enemies were kicking my ass, so less enemies or no tough enemies - the better.

There are loads of topics already with tips on how to beat the handyman, scroll down a bit.

Only managed to get killed 8 odd times. Was never kicked back to a checkpoint either.

I died a lot more on normal ^.^ but I guess that was because I didn't know the levels ect.

Overall its a difficult but if you just use upgraded charge with shotgun/Sniper combo and stay back its a breeze.

Also never used a vendor either.

As for the handymen I just used the electrify skyline bug :p

Hi everyone again, I have a question about weapons, what were you using, what do you think is better?

Carbine

or Sniper/Shotgun combo?

I love Carbine so far and Sniper is very very beast, but Shotgun kinda sucks I think, I always get kicked in the ass while using it..

I personally made my way through "1999" mode using the Carbine/Shotgun combo.

Just make sure to upgrade damage and reload on the shotgun and it becomes a monster, especially teamed up with the Undertow/Murder of Crows trap combo.

Hi everyone again, I have a question about weapons, what were you using, what do you think is better?

Carbine

or Sniper/Shotgun combo?

I love Carbine so far and Sniper is very very beast, but Shotgun kinda sucks I think, I always get kicked in the ass while using it..

I personally found the carbine/sniper combination to be more effective than shotgun/sniper. In a mode where getting up close and personal is a bad idea (at least until you get the Charge plasmid), sticking with the carbine would be the wisest choice. It's deadly at both close and long range, plus it has a relatively nice iron sight.

I personally found the carbine/sniper combination to be more effective than shotgun/sniper. In a mode where getting up close and personal is a bad idea (at least until you get the Charge plasmid), sticking with the carbine would be the wisest choice. It's deadly at both close and long range, plus it has a relatively nice iron sight.

Thanks, I am already in the middle mostly killing with all the guns because of the ammo, but Carbine is super effective and fast killin.

Is 1999 mode w/o using the machines possible for a Bioshock noob like myself? Love to get 1000 on this.

Definitely. Just make sure to explore every possible location, search every possible container, and pick up every possible item to ensure enough money for upgrades or deaths. Though, you can always reload your checkpoint before you die to maintain your money, but checkpoints are relatively scarce and you will lose a decent amount of progress.

BioShock: Infinite is much more different than the previous two installments too. There's absolutely no horror aspect, no weapon wheel, customizable clothing, etc.. Besides the plasmids there's hardly any similarities between the games.

Well, my ass getting kicked again, I´m at chapter 31, the beginning with handyman, jesus christ I don´t have Winter Shield and he is kicking my ass, so I tried the rail strategy jump on it, jump down, pretty simple, but I run out of ammo every time and at that moment, I´m f*cking screwed, so I really need a help about this, I don´t know what to do.

Some guy was writing about getting each handyman stucked, I already made a thread about it... no response about this "stuck" thing, so how do I do this on 3rd handyman? The last one I´m not afraid of because I know I can skip him.

Edit: so I did it, probably harder fight than VOX HANDYMAN for me, also I just did all the sirens fight without any effort, just charge all the way, only died first time on the first siren because I didn´t really know how to use the charge vigor, only thing I am afraid of now is the final battle.

Edited by GeneralGranko

I don't know why people struggle with 1999, all you need is 4 things and it turns into very easy mode:

Possession

Charge

Carbine

Winter Shield

I used Possession for almost my whole run, u can literally possess...hidee...repeat.

I used possession just a very little bit and I didn´t find it the best weapon, and winter shield... Didn´t have luck to get it and I´m not the type of player to keep reloading checkpoints to get it.

So yeah, handyman without winter shield? Hell.

Alright, I am at the end, I don´t have winter shield but I have some good gear in general, just tell me - what should I max out before I head to the final battle? I have 4500 silver eagles so I think I can max out above 2-3 things.

So far I have this:

MAXED OUT CARBINE

SNIPER RIFLE +25 DMG

MAXED OUT CHARGE

PEOPLE POSSESION

And that´s everything.

Edit: Once again, I found my way out of it, fully upgraded Return to Sender was so helpful, I could probably never do it without it, on first try I failed, but on second - I even had about 50 percent left, so in the end - it was a cake. Nothing compared to a final boss battle like at end of Crysis.

Edited by GeneralGranko