Glitch on Chapter 7 :)

noxrulez

**SPOILER ALERT**

Since i have been using this site for help with cheevos and what not, i though maybe i could try to help back.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Let's see. remember the Chapter 14 power node required room GLITCH. well,

I loaded my game and i was on chapter 7 after disabling the AI and trying to get the power back. It's exactly before the Reflector adjustment objective where you have to go to space and move the huge reflectors (or mirrors). I opened the power node room which is beside the save before the reflector moving part. I saved my game and when i loaded it later i went in again (call it fate :p) then i found that a medium health pack and a gold semi-conductor and some ammo in the room. I tried it a couple of times and it seems like it actually works. the only problem is that there is no store that can be accessed while doing the glitch. (so it's not as useful as the one at chapter 14) But since its 7 chapters before the other one i think it could be more useful.

WHAT AND WHERE: It is in chapter 7. It is in a room that can only be accessed with a power node. It is after the AI disabling objective, and before moving the reflectors in space (the Large mirrors part). It is similar to the first glitch discovered in chapter 14 (by SquaredSumo705).

HOW:

1 - access the room by using one powernode.

2 - loot the room.

3 - save at the save panel beside the room.

4 - Restart Checkpoint at the start menu.

5 - (OR) you can load your save and keep doing it if you quit the game.

6 - repeat steps 2-5 as much as you want.

NOTES:

- This glitch was discovered by me . (Though the idea came to me after reading the Chapter 14 glitch by (SquaredSumo705) [update: Someone beat me to posting it though (KrAzY LuSo88)]

- Since i discovered this glitch it gave me the idea that maybe this kind of glitch can be recreated in other chapters or cases. (so please if you see a save panel room and a powernode room that can be accessed at the same time please try this)

- If someone has the time please try to make a video.

EDIT: As it turns out someone beat me to posting the glitch.

Mr. (KrAzY LuSo88)

Hey guys!! I think this glitch works EVERYWHERE that has a door with a power node lock!!! I'm in chapter 7, shortly after the fuse puzzles , you get to a room with windows where you can see outside...there is a power node door to the left of a save station ( the door where you find the contact beam schematic ).....i've put the node in the door, went in grabbed everything, then saved my game....restart the checkpoint and it always gives me credits,sometimes a semi conductor...a health pack and ammo....

Edit:i dont don't even have to backtrack....i've passed from 2,500 credits to 60,000 in less then 5 minutes ... the only thing is that i dont have a store around so my inventory is full...i'm leaving all my small medpacks on the ground, and when i restart the checkpoint ( after i've saved ) they're still there alongside all the stuff that appears each time....

this was posted in the original chapter 14 glitch thread. I just read it.

But i still get an A for effort. right? :wiping tears: :p .

Edited by noxrulez
Update

The first power node room in the game is the beginning of chapter 2 and there is a save point like right next to the door.

I haven't tried it but it may work

I can't test any at the min as when i play im on hardcore so can't abuse my saves

I hope this works, since it can make zealot playthrough on new game

(not +) much easier.

I only wish this could work on Hardcore. (this would be possible on Hardcore if you only could save in three places instead of, three times. [i wish]).

You dont even need to reload the game just click check point restart, and I'm now testing a theory by dropping them off a ledge, to see if they stay there as there is a shop on the bottom floor.

(i was thinking about the chapter 14 glitch that i forgot to think about reloading my checkpoint) I'll edit that.

I'm not sure that the idea will work since i think the glitch works by resetting the items when the room is re-entered (never hurt's to try though)

Have you or anyone come across power nodes themselves in that room?

It's less helpful than the chapter 14 one if not, although I guess you can just sell the semiconductors to buy nodes with.

Actually this one would be more useful (even though you only get a medium med pack and a Gold semi-conductor and some ammo) since you can access the room much faster than the chapter 14 glitch, and also it is earlier.

The only problem is that there is no Store to be accessed while doing the glitch so it's not as good as the one in Ch.14

Actually this one would be more useful (even though you only get a medium med pack and a Gold semi-conductor and some ammo) since you can access the room much faster than the chapter 14 glitch, and also it is earlier.

But there are no nodes in there so it's not as helpful, sadly. For the node-requiring achievements this is.

Is the chapter 14 one the only one with nodes in it?

But there are no nodes in there so it's not as helpful, sadly. For the node-requiring achievements this is.

Is the chapter 14 one the only one with nodes in it?

Well u can still buy nodes from the store. but yeah., if u want to get all achievements in one playthrough (except Hardcore) the one on chapter 14 can help. This one is more like if you're playing on zealot and need some cash and med pack's.

Ah OK.

Is the Chapter 14 confirmed as the only chapter where one can get unlimited power nodes?

I've tried this on chapter 2 and chapter 8 (both have storage rooms with power nodes found within) and it doesn't appear to work for either of them.

• 1 year later...