Here's how you get more assassins in WD

Getting the "Defeat our assassins" mission on the odd numbered floors makes the Wandering Dungeon go so much faster. But they're all random, right?

Not exactly. In my experience there is a clear bias toward one type. Maybe this is intentional maybe bad RNG, but you will often get the same mission on most floors, with only a few of the other two. This bias is reset when you (re)load the game.

So:

1. Save at the EN II inn

2. Go to the Wandering Dungeon

3. If the first floor isn't assassins, reload until it is

Note that simply exiting and re-entering the dungeon is not enough, you have to reload the save.

Of course, this still isn't 100% sure, as you could still randomly get assassins on the first floor even if the bias was for some other type. But reloading at floor 3 or even 5 may still be faster than doing crystals or geostones on almost every floor, especially if you're there to farm Queen feathers/jewel data. At the very least, it's less boring.

I've done this every time I went in deeper than a few floors and got only a few non-assassin floors each time.

• 4 weeks later...

My experience matches what you said, I find this in most RPG's in fact, I think the console has a poor RNG :)

On my last WD run tho I got stuffed on floor 19, I had assassins on 1,3,9,13,15,17 and then crystals on 19 with no santa shops. I had to kill her for 4 more feathers so 4 runs of the floor 19.

• 3 weeks later...