Complete Edition question...

13ip0lar

So I was curious as I recently purchased the Complete Edition of GTA IV, and just installed the first disc which has written on the bottom "Grand Theft Auto IV", while the second disc says "The Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony". Well I was able to install the first disc which took up 6.6gbs but then when I inserted the second disc, there was no option to install. So I assume both have the "Game engine" on the disc, but the content varies and the DLC is like for lack of better words embedded with the core game in a way that my Xbox can't recognize the difference, so aside from deleting the 1st disc, and installing the 2nd when I focus on the DLC, I guess it will help with load times but still run of the disc?

Anyways, just curious, I'm asking because I don't plan to jump right in, currently waiting for an arcade title and assume that will eat up most of my time and might be a week or longer before I get into this. Just thought I would install it now, while I'm waiting. I appreciate any replies :D

I have recently bought the complete edition. I have installed both of the discs onto my hard drive with no problems. There may be something wrong with the disc if it doesnt allow you to install it.

I appreciate the response. I just checked to see if it would let me and now it has the option. It didn't have it though a few days ago. Dunno what was up, anyways appreciate it :D

For some reason, the option to install doesn't appear every time it should. It happens to me from time to time - I put it down to the fact that maybe my xbox is just getting old (still running an Arcade model) or that the dasboard still has a few niggles sometimes.

For some reason, the option to install doesn't appear every time it should. It happens to me from time to time - I put it down to the fact that maybe my xbox is just getting old (still running an Arcade model) or that the dasboard still has a few niggles sometimes.

Well I got mine in 09' and it's also an arcade, but still. Possibly just bad programming on Rockstars part, and possible fault on MS for not being able to tell the discs apart? Who knows? Glad to see that I wasn't imagining it lol.