Defiance (The Show)

Shiftie

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think youll be able to watch it on the website and hulu maybe..

"We currently don't have the rights to make this show available on your TV or mobile devices — request to be notified if it becomes available in Hulu Plus."

I see no way to watch it on the Defiance website.

It might show up on SyFy's website, but I don't know if it will since it is a cable show and cable shows are rarely free on the internet.

I hope the TV show accurately portrays the game world we've all come to know and love, and it prominently features the main character doing fetch quests endlessly.

LOL Tune in next week when our hero goes for the gold in time trials after he finds the last recorder he's missing from Marin...

OT I'm going to give the show a shot, but I'm curious to see what kind of impact it has on how many gamers use the servers during showtime. Who knows, they may shut em down to give the show a boost.

Do you think the TV show protagonists will get critical errors while they are in the middle of doing important stuff?

Yes. And then when they try to restart what they were doing they will freeze in place until God hits the reset button.

Seriously though, I watched the 14 min preview and was a little worried about how jarringly bad the CGI environments were. And the show depends heavily on CGI. It was not at all convincing that the characters were in the actual environment they were pretending to be in.

Seriously though, I watched the 14 min preview and was a little worried about how jarringly bad the CGI environments were. And the show depends heavily on CGI. It was not at all convincing that the characters were in the actual environment they were pretending to be in.

It's SyFy, is this not to be expected :confused:

and for the people who don't have cable like me: *cough* torrents *cough*.

Edited by Shiftie

Yes. And then when they try to restart what they were doing they will freeze in place until God hits the reset button.

I hope not really looking forward to this

Decent storyline? I state again: it's SyFy :p Not gonna knock the acting yet, as there a couple of people in it that I do like (and a couple that I don't like).

I was gonna say the same thing. This is SyFy. Where bad plot/acting/dialogue makes its home. Imagine greater.

I've got this bad feeling that there is going to be a serious disconnect between the show and the game. From all the interviews with developers and such leading up to this, they made it sound like it was a real struggle to get the TV producers to cooperate with the game producers creatively and vice versa.

Either way, it's a moot point, because I'll be missing this in favor of sweaty men pretending to wrestle. I have a WWE fantasy league and we've got lots of DOUGH on the line.