SSS Ranks on Nephilm Tips?

A COMPLEX CHUG

Hi - would it be easier to get higher scores (for SSS rank) if I get Super Dante first? At the moment, I've got SSS rank on the first 16 missions, currently working on the 17th (Furnace?). I read that you can unlock Super Dante with infinite Devil Trigger - may be it will be quicker if I unlock Super Dante first, and then go back to doing the SSS ranks?

Using Super Dante results in a severe score penalty iirc, so don't bother.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For mundus Spawn, I did this (note that all mentioned moves might need to be fully upgraded):

1: Grab his weak point, Rebellion YYY, Arbiter Y, back off, repeat until eye opens.

2: Hit his eye with fully charged Overdrives until he closes it or falls. Repeat if necessary.

3: When Lilith comes out, activate Devil trigger, Arbiter YY, Trinity Smash x2, Rebellion YYYY.

4: Repeat 1-3.

His moves are hard to demon evade, except for the disco balls he sometimes throw. If he does, dodge it for the damage bonus, hit his weak point with above mentioned string and his eye will instantly open, then you can easily get Lilith to come out.

Btw, I just beat Mundus Spawn on DMD, and I got an SS in style, but still got SSS on the mission. Weird.

Edited by Doopliss SWE

For mundus Spawn, I did this (note that all mentioned moves might need to be fully upgraded):

1: Grab his weak point, Rebellion YYY, Arbiter Y, back off, repeat until eye opens.

2: Hit his eye with fully charged Overdrives until he closes it or falls. Repeat if necessary.

3: When Lilith comes out, activate Devil trigger, Arbiter YY, Trinity Smash x2, Rebellion YYYY.

4: Repeat 1-3.

His moves are hard to demon evade, except for the disco balls he sometimes throw. If he does, dodge it for the damage bonus, hit his weak point with above mentioned string and his eye will instantly open, then you can easily get Lilith to come out.

Btw, I just beat Mundus Spawn on DMD, and I got an SS in style, but still got SSS on the mission. Weird.

i thought using devil trigger loses a lot of points?

Using Devil Trigger doesn't knock points. However, using an item to restore the DT bar so that you can trigger it would incur a point penalty, though that might be moot if you can rack up more than 10000 points.

im doing well at the moment, i watched a few videos showing how to beat certain enemies, that overdrive is a godsend at times, that and arbiter Y Y pause Y.

just missions 19 and 20 left for SSS ranks now to do.

Anyone got any tips for the boss on mission 10?

I can't seem to beat him without getting killed from those lasers!

You need to hit the orange platforms with Eryx stomp (RT and B while in the air) to make him vulnerable.

for the

- green lasers: double jump when they move back together

- blue laser: Angel Boost (LT and A while in the air) to the left or right away from it.

- pink laser: watch to direction in which the lasers are rotating and and jump or double

jump over them in the opposite direction.

- yellow laser: you have “noisy“ and clear “windows“; you will be fine by just jumping

through the clear ones.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Been going through the missions most of them I got SSS rank but on seven of the others I can't seem to get SSS. I can't remember the missions all off by heart and what grade I got for each, but mission 4 I keep getting SS.

So any good combos to use?

Trinity smash is good I've been using that from what the previous post said. I try to juggle the weapons I use but I've seem to hit a wall.

Also I keep getting SS rank in 8, 9, 11, 12, 16, 17.

Edited by Gemgemchan

ULTIMATE TIPP FOR TRIPLE SSS!

Guys, i swear I played Level 17 25times minumum...

The Score Goal is ca 246.200, i checked in the bestlists! it is the first SSS Score the over the SS mark!

So. after playing forever and just getting a Score from 241K I read about the second Patch!

After clearing my Cache and playing without Patch, I got 333.397 on FIRST Try!!!

Made a few Devil Avoid Moves and cheesey combos, and after the first bigger area I had over 180.000 !

If you guys have heavy trouble, go the (yes, it is) cheap way, and play without updates! May it will work for you too!

BTW, Levels 1-16 was a piece of Cake (patched Version) but 17 was horror pure!

Hope this may help someone out there

ULTIMATE TIPP FOR TRIPLE SSS!

Guys, i swear I played Level 17 25times minumum...

The Score Goal is ca 246.200, i checked in the bestlists! it is the first SSS Score the over the SS mark!

So. after playing forever and just getting a Score from 241K I read about the second Patch!

After clearing my Cache and playing without Patch, I got 333.397 on FIRST Try!!!

Made a few Devil Avoid Moves and cheesey combos, and after the first bigger area I had over 180.000 !

If you guys have heavy trouble, go the (yes, it is) cheap way, and play without updates! May it will work for you too!

BTW, Levels 1-16 was a piece of Cake (patched Version) but 17 was horror pure!

Hope this may help someone out there

I'm trying lvl 17 atm but can't get an SSS. Removed the cache but I keep getting SS grade. time and completion is SSS but my style is SS. Ive done this level 3 times so far with the deleted cache but my average score for style is 214,400.

Also got mission 12 left and keep getting SS on that and I got 307,000 style points too! How's that not enoughhhhhhhh?!

Edited by Gemgemchan

The hard part in Lvl 17 is, that you just have 2 greater areas to fight and in this areas you have to do the most points as possible!

You can get an INSTANT SSS Multiplikator in the first area! You know the big Saw- Guys? Co close to him, make a demon avoid or dodge and then make a double-jump and land with a full loaded fist-Stomp in the smaller enemy group... this should bring you a instant sss and then kill the enemies as fast as possible and don´t get hit! Should bring you 180000 points right in the first battlearea...

sorry for my strange descibles... if you have questions, just ask and i will try to explain my tactic better!

did not have all the english terms for the different attacks by the hand!

The hard part in Lvl 17 is, that you just have 2 greater areas to fight and in this areas you have to do the most points as possible!

You can get an INSTANT SSS Multiplikator in the first area! You know the big Saw- Guys? Co close to him, make a demon avoid or dodge and then make a double-jump and land with a full loaded fist-Stomp in the smaller enemy group... this should bring you a instant sss and then kill the enemies as fast as possible and don´t get hit! Should bring you 180000 points right in the first battlearea...

sorry for my strange descibles... if you have questions, just ask and i will try to explain my tactic better!

did not have all the english terms for the different attacks by the hand!

Okay I shall try your way and see how it goes. I hope it works T-T annoying me like crazy this achievement

holy crap, my english sucks! Read my quote and found a lot of wrong words^^

may this will help you a bit too:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNyNX0jY7aA]DmC Demo: Instant SSS - YouTube[/ame]

I have seen a "Bad Review" about DMC where te guy made my INSTANT SSS... with the "fist" but i can´t find the link, sry!

But you will deal higher damage when you emptying your cache and in combination with demon avoid a triple SSS is not the problem!

Just don´t get hit when you have your Multiplier and you should make a lot of points in the first bigger fight!

Also, when the level starts take the RIGHT way, you will face a Red and Blue Knight then, if they don´t drop from the platform you also can make ca. 10.000 points by them and carry a good Rank over to the first big fight!

you have time enough in this mission, I´m sure you got the collectibles and beware of using items! Devil trigger should be half full when you come to the second "arena"!

You can use it, when you get to the Witch and "Samurai" dude! the colosses are not that hard do kill and with demon avoid and a short conbo into there back you can build up another good Rank! My best strategie was....

when he rush to you -> Demon avoid -> pull yourself up to him -> 3 or 4 strikes -> pull him to the ground -> slash the sh*t out of him!

i still have the patch installed now and i will try to get a good rating again, but I think it´s a big difference between patched and unpatched version!

Wish you luck and skill to get this cheevo done!

I´m also just a decent gamer and DMC was the first in the series i really have played!

remember the score limit from 246.200, if you are far under or just close up to 120.000 in the first area, don´t waste time...resart the level!

My best score in the patched version was 156.000 in the first area and i finished the level just with 241.000!

not enough!!!

holy crap, my english sucks! Read my quote and found a lot of wrong words^^

may this will help you a bit too:

DmC Demo: Instant SSS - YouTube

I have seen a "Bad Review" about DMC where te guy made my INSTANT SSS... with the "fist" but i can´t find the link, sry!

But you will deal higher damage when you emptying your cache and in combination with demon avoid a triple SSS is not the problem!

Just don´t get hit when you have your Multiplier and you should make a lot of points in the first bigger fight!

Also, when the level starts take the RIGHT way, you will face a Red and Blue Knight then, if they don´t drop from the platform you also can make ca. 10.000 points by them and carry a good Rank over to the first big fight!

you have time enough in this mission, I´m sure you got the collectibles and beware of using items! Devil trigger should be half full when you come to the second "arena"!

You can use it, when you get to the Witch and "Samurai" dude! the colosses are not that hard do kill and with demon avoid and a short conbo into there back you can build up another good Rank! My best strategie was....

when he rush to you -> Demon avoid -> pull yourself up to him -> 3 or 4 strikes -> pull him to the ground -> slash the sh*t out of him!

i still have the patch installed now and i will try to get a good rating again, but I think it´s a big difference between patched and unpatched version!

Wish you luck and skill to get this cheevo done!

I´m also just a decent gamer and DMC was the first in the series i really have played!

remember the score limit from 246.200, if you are far under or just close up to 120.000 in the first area, don´t waste time...resart the level!

My best score in the patched version was 156.000 in the first area and i finished the level just with 241.000!

not enough!!!

Omg I love you!!!

Just got my SSS did everything you said about the 10,000 points and then the demon evade and stomp thing. And then the trinity attack as well as demon trigger on the last round.

I got 297,936 on style.

Such a relief doing this mission all over now. Now only mission 12 to go!

Edit : just did mission12 and got my achievo ! Thankyou soooooo much!!

Edited by Gemgemchan

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some tips use rebellions ground combo y,y pause, y again hit them in the air and use rebellions arial rave and use the scythe and do the other combo to take him more in the air then just do a normal y attack with rebellion ten demon pull him back do the same with the scythe ten switch to eryx(the hulk fire gloves and knock him to the ground and if a lot of enemies are underneath you use Eryx smash move down to the ground must be charged fully to deal massive damage and tank up style poits I went from A rank to SSS combat rank by soon that one combo.