Disc Drive.

PHub07

I am having some issues.

I would appreciate it if some of you would the next time you eject a game. Allow it to sit there sticking out of the console. Look closely at it and get your head level with it from the side....is the disc straight? Or does it appear to be on a slight angle?

Trying to figure out what wrongs with my drive and Microsoft has the worst support I have ever dealt with.

I am having some issues.

I would appreciate it if some of you would the next time you eject a game. Allow it to sit there sticking out of the console. Look closely at it and get your head level with it from the side....is the disc straight? Or does it appear to be on a slight angle?

Trying to figure out what wrongs with my drive and Microsoft has the worst support I have ever dealt with.

Which part of Xbox Support did you deal with?

And no, mine is not angled when it comes out.

The online support. After being thanked profusely for every word I typed and hit with the typical robotic pleasantries they think people with problems want to hear. I had my questions overall just not answered....ignored...or in some cases I feel like they just told me what they thought I wanted to hear. Just beating around the bush for no reason just to tell me to do the replacement plan. I mean I am 90% sure I will have to do that....the not being able to find any information about someoen else experiencing this is annoying me though. I would feel a lot better if I could get a response from them saying "Yes, absolutely, that is NOT supposed to be happening."

The only reason I ask about the drive. Is because it seems like the kind of thing you wouldnt notice unless you actually looked at it while trying to see the angle so for all I know or anyone else who never bothered to take a really close look at it....it might always be like this and totally normal. Most people I assume are going to be looking at it from ABOVE the console as it will be harder to notice. Basically a few days ago I noticed a problem that seems to be completely unique as I can't find a single SHRED of someone else online having this issue. My disc drive instead of just ruining games....or the extremely loud mechanical noise. It seems to be marking up and scratching discs....oddly it seems to work fine for now though as I don't believe its actually damaging the discs YET. The only thing I could come up with to maybe figure out WHY this is happening....is I notice once the disc comes out when I eject it.....it comes to rest at a very slight but very noticable downward angle. Assuming this isn't supposed to happen I would have to guess for whatever reason my disc drive is rubbing the disc against the bottom on the way out. I just cant believe out of what is likely millions of consoles sold I can't find ONE...ONE instance of anyone else describing an issue like this.

I would be very inclined to do that. Yet lately have been hearing about how some of the newer Ones....post newest update for some reason are very loud. They wont actually send back MY One will they? I will just be given a new one? If this was 360 I wouldnt care but....won't I then lose ALL of the games I got when they were free with gold? As well as game clips? The way I understand it is I would lose everything but save games.

I would be very inclined to do that. Yet lately have been hearing about how some of the newer Ones....post newest update for some reason are very loud. They wont actually send back MY One will they? I will just be given a new one? If this was 360 I wouldnt care but....won't I then lose ALL of the games I got when they were free with gold? As well as game clips? The way I understand it is I would lose everything but save games.

A small number of Xbox Ones have noise issues (which Microsoft is doing advanced exchanges for). They send a brand new Xbox One via advanced exchange. You know it is a new one because you don't send your defective one in until you receive the replacement.

You don't lose anything. All your data is stored on the console and in the cloud. Any games you have downloaded, you can either download again or move to an external HDD and then move them the new console. Clips are also stored in the cloud.

The online support. After being thanked profusely for every word I typed and hit with the typical robotic pleasantries they think people with problems want to hear. I had my questions overall just not answered....ignored...or in some cases I feel like they just told me what they thought I wanted to hear. Just beating around the bush for no reason just to tell me to do the replacement plan. I mean I am 90% sure I will have to do that....the not being able to find any information about someoen else experiencing this is annoying me though. I would feel a lot better if I could get a response from them saying "Yes, absolutely, that is NOT supposed to be happening."

The only reason I ask about the drive. Is because it seems like the kind of thing you wouldnt notice unless you actually looked at it while trying to see the angle so for all I know or anyone else who never bothered to take a really close look at it....it might always be like this and totally normal. Most people I assume are going to be looking at it from ABOVE the console as it will be harder to notice. Basically a few days ago I noticed a problem that seems to be completely unique as I can't find a single SHRED of someone else online having this issue. My disc drive instead of just ruining games....or the extremely loud mechanical noise. It seems to be marking up and scratching discs....oddly it seems to work fine for now though as I don't believe its actually damaging the discs YET. The only thing I could come up with to maybe figure out WHY this is happening....is I notice once the disc comes out when I eject it.....it comes to rest at a very slight but very noticable downward angle. Assuming this isn't supposed to happen I would have to guess for whatever reason my disc drive is rubbing the disc against the bottom on the way out. I just cant believe out of what is likely millions of consoles sold I can't find ONE...ONE instance of anyone else describing an issue like this.

Thankyou so much for your perfect response. You are doing a wonderful job.

May I say that you have handled this whole situation brilliantly.

Man those guys are sooooo cheesy.

A small number of Xbox Ones have noise issues (which Microsoft is doing advanced exchanges for). They send a brand new Xbox One via advanced exchange. You know it is a new one because you don't send your defective one in until you receive the replacement.

You don't lose anything. All your data is stored on the console and in the cloud. Any games you have downloaded, you can either download again or move to an external HDD and then move them the new console. Clips are also stored in the cloud.

Is it absolutely confirmed you get a new console and not someone elses refurbished? I really would hate to get someone elses console that I have no idea what they did with it.

Thankyou so much for your perfect response. You are doing a wonderful job.

May I say that you have handled this whole situation brilliantly.

Man those guys are sooooo cheesy.

Did you just go on there with a fake problem or something lol. That was so spot on it gave me deja vu. Well im so glad you guys approve of my ability to tell you I am having a problem you seem to not only ignroe everything I say....but ask me the same question 15 times only to know before this conversation started your just going to be like....bruh...replacement plan....

OP, you aren't guaranteed a brand new console. Just an FYI.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1683437.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/p/1682919/4470068.aspx

Some threads I found with a quick Bing search.

Edited by iBuzz7S

Did you just go on there with a fake problem or something lol. That was so spot on it gave me deja vu. Well im so glad you guys approve of my ability to tell you I am having a problem you seem to not only ignroe everything I say....but ask me the same question 15 times only to know before this conversation started your just going to be like....bruh...replacement plan....

I was on there the other day, and it was just making me laugh.

I just wanted to say "Cut the crap, tell me how to sort my problem."

Getting kind of annoyed now. Certaintly don't want someone elses garbadge that they did god knows what to.

Talked to an equally useless support guy today who claimed he had never heard of my issue what so ever. How could I possibly be the only person noticing discs ejecting on an angle instead of straight and having the drive mark up the discss?

Does anyone knows if you can just go to a Microsoft store and do an exchange there? If I had no other option I would rather hopefully get one out of a box rather than have them send me someone elses junk.

Getting kind of annoyed now. Certaintly don't want someone elses garbadge that they did god knows what to.

Talked to an equally useless support guy today who claimed he had never heard of my issue what so ever. How could I possibly be the only person noticing discs ejecting on an angle instead of straight and having the drive mark up the discss?

Does anyone knows if you can just go to a Microsoft store and do an exchange there? If I had no other option I would rather hopefully get one out of a box rather than have them send me someone elses junk.

First off, I've gotten brand new consoles for each exchange. Secondly, refurb consoles are just as good as brand new. They go in and replace everything that was defective. QA/QC issues happen on occasion and faulty products make it out to the public. But generally, refurb consoles are perfectly fine (and could even be better than buying one brand new because the insides have been replaced with all functional parts).

First off, I've gotten brand new consoles for each exchange. Secondly, refurb consoles are just as good as brand new. They go in and replace everything that was defective. QA/QC issues happen on occasion and faulty products make it out to the public. But generally, refurb consoles are perfectly fine (and could even be better than buying one brand new because the insides have been replaced with all functional parts).

Yeah but what makes you sure it was new? I mean honestly as long as they clean it you would really have no way of knowing.

As far as refurbished...that may be true on a technical scale but no one would ever prefer refurbished to new even if it was cheaper and theres a reason for that.

Yeah but what makes you sure it was new? I mean honestly as long as they clean it you would really have no way of knowing.

As far as refurbished...that may be true on a technical scale but no one would ever prefer refurbished to new even if it was cheaper and theres a reason for that.

Because it looked brand new. The glossy finish is a great indicator on whether or not it is new. If it is at all used/cleaned, it will be scratched up. Even cleaning it with the softest thing you can find will leave scratches on that glossy finish.

And again, if the insides are all new, it is like getting a brand new console, except you know it works properly because they test it before putting it out as a refurbished product. This isn't like some shitty Gamestop refurb.

Do they do it so you can just use the box they shipped the console in? KInda like the 360 days where you would mail you the box.

Yeah. It is a cardboard box with the system very well packed. You just pull the new one out and put the old one in. Slap the label on the box and drop it off at FedEx (at least it was FedEx for me).

Yeah. It is a cardboard box with the system very well packed. You just pull the new one out and put the old one in. Slap the label on the box and drop it off at FedEx (at least it was FedEx for me).

My oh my....must...not...explode.

Just when I consider trying to map this out for some reason Advanced exchange is unavailible and no one seems to know why....just read someone else posting about this too.

Has anyone else done this the other way? Wondering if they will still send me the box if I just deal without the replacement option while they fix mine I guess. I have much more faith in consumers who have had to do this than the actual support...none of them seem to know what they are talking about

EDIT. Lame....they only give you the box for the expedited shipping option. The say you will have to pay shipping costs yourself.....but if you choose expedited option you pay 10$ and get the free box. Does anyone have a clue what it would actually cost to NOT chose that and have to pay Fed Ex directly? Assuming it actually speeds up the process.....10 dollars doesnt seem bad at all.....the other option would have to be almost 10 already I would assume.

Edited by PHub07

My oh my....must...not...explode.

Just when I consider trying to map this out for some reason Advanced exchange is unavailible and no one seems to know why....just read someone else posting about this too.

Has anyone else done this the other way? Wondering if they will still send me the box if I just deal without the replacement option while they fix mine I guess. I have much more faith in consumers who have had to do this than the actual support...none of them seem to know what they are talking about

EDIT. Lame....they only give you the box for the expedited shipping option. The say you will have to pay shipping costs yourself.....but if you choose expedited option you pay 10$ and get the free box. Does anyone have a clue what it would actually cost to NOT chose that and have to pay Fed Ex directly? Assuming it actually speeds up the process.....10 dollars doesnt seem bad at all.....the other option would have to be almost 10 already I would assume.

I've never heard of what you are talking about. I've always been offered an advanced exchange. Are you trying to get an advanced exchange through the MyService site or via customer support in the chat? Always talk to customer support, even if they are annoying. And I would recommend starting with @XboxSupport. You can ask them for an advanced exchange for your problem and they will likely direct you to call into Xbox Support (which is the most helpful and nicest support you will get from Xbox). There, they will help you set up that advanced exchange. It isn't something you can just set up for yourself on the MyService site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...