Difficulty achievements doesn't stack.

Freakris

Yeah this annoyed me as I got every other achievement in my first playthrough and don't feel like playing through two more times.

Same here, and I think the cutscenes isn't skipable either so it'll take alot longer just because we have to watch all of them 2 more times.

Anyone got any tips for Fleming on hard? I can get him into his third state (the one with the blue hand), but I can't get his skin cracked to use the Hotboner on it... I do the usual, shoot at, dodge stuff and then drop the Skullblaster's rolling bomb, but when he's staggered, I can't do enough to crack his skin. Any help is appreciated...

5 hours, 3 deaths, still no closer *sigh*

Anyone got any tips for Fleming on hard? I can get him into his third state (the one with the blue hand), but I can't get his skin cracked to use the Hotboner on it... I do the usual, shoot at, dodge stuff and then drop the Skullblaster's rolling bomb, but when he's staggered, I can't do enough to crack his skin. Any help is appreciated...

5 hours, 3 deaths, still no closer *sigh*

I think you should be able to see when he are about to send the blue hand at you, so quickly dodge to either side to avoid it.

At least I saw it before it was about to hit me.

I did the same when he are about to send the laser thingie at you.

And for cracking his skin I used charged shotgun shots, and when you see the crack on his chest quickly change to hot boner and charge a bomb on him and shoot it.

After that I used the dentist weapon to lockon to his flying body parts and fire as much as I could.

Rinse and repeat till he is dead...

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or forgot something.

Good luck.

Probably EA were trying to think of a way to extend the life of the game without actually doing anything. That way people will be less inclined to trade in as soon as they finish the game once, so the market doesn't have a lot of pre-owned copies within a few days.

Personally I think it is unacceptable nowadays that difficulty achievements don't stack. If you beat the game on Insane first time round, why the hell would you want to run through it again twice on lower difficulties?!?

(off subject) I'm still pissed at EA that the was no manual with Alice: MR...

And for cracking his skin I used charged shotgun shots, and when you see the crack on his chest quickly change to hot boner and charge a bomb on him and shoot it.

After that I used the dentist weapon to lockon to his flying body parts and fire as much as I could.

Rinse and repeat till he is dead...

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or forgot something.

Good luck.

The thing is, I tried all that. I just can't crack his skin though... I used the charged shotgun, the multiple Hotboner explosive, even wasted two clips of the Dentist. Nadda. The worst thing is, he's not even that hard, but I just can't seem to cause enough damage in that small window of opportunity...

The thing is, I tried all that. I just can't crack his skin though... I used the charged shotgun, the multiple Hotboner explosive, even wasted two clips of the Dentist. Nadda. The worst thing is, he's not even that hard, but I just can't seem to cause enough damage in that small window of opportunity...

Ok, sorry I couldn't help you. I did like I wrote when I fought him and it worked like a charm.

I have upgraded my shotgun (5 gems on damage and 5 on reload speed) and dentist (5 gems on damage and 5 on clip size) though.

Yup, they don't stack. Beat the game on hard and only hard unlocked.

Thought I'd let you know.

Oh, and there doesn't seem to be any new game+...

Genuinely gutted about there being no new game+

Obviously they intend for you to play through the game multiple times, why on earth would they not put it in?

Genuinely gutted about there being no new game+

Obviously they intend for you to play through the game multiple times, why on earth would they not put it in?

True true. Not only do you have to play through 3 times, you have to watch the cutscenes all 3 times too. And with no new game+ or chapter select (I did not find one) you have to be damn sure you've found all the red gems or else you'll have to play through again. Thats a big let down for me, especially the cutscene part, because I'd like to be able to rush through the game for fun later.

But I think you unlock a very hard mode after you've beaten the game on hard. I did not try it yet though, so I can't confirm it's very hard mode, but it's below hard mode when you select new game.

Did not fight him on hard, but i was stuck on this for a bit on normal i didn't die though. As Freakris already said, here is what i did; basically in phase 3 just ignore him until he puts the bubble around him. Then blow it up and try to stay as close to him as possible when you do, immediately after that start charging, i would recommend having fully upgraded skullblaster capacity since then you wont have to reload. On normal 3 bullets is enough to make his crack yellow (full damage upgrade). Then just shoot him with the hotboner quickly. When he flies around use the dentist and make sure you kill him here, since if you don't the phase will just restart for ever and ever, i got him to blow up 3 times in phase 3 until i realized that the damage reset, so i tried the dentist and voilá down.

Step up, holmes!:mad:

If you dont like this game maybe you shouldn't play it 3 god damn times, hotshot.

Yep your right of course playing through three times is great, i hope every game from now on copies this and doesnt stack difficulties so we can play through over and over, and thx for putting me straight your right im sorry.

Ok, sorry I couldn't help you. I did like I wrote when I fought him and it worked like a charm.

I have upgraded my shotgun (5 gems on damage and 5 on reload speed) and dentist (5 gems on damage and 5 on clip size) though.

Ahhhh, my shotgun isn't upgraded at all, so that would make sense! I've basically screwed myself by not investing in my shotgun. The Hotboner can't do it and my Dentist is fully upgraded, and won't do it either. Sucks to know that, but nothing I can do now.

Ahhhh, my shotgun isn't upgraded at all, so that would make sense! I've basically screwed myself by not investing in my shotgun. The Hotboner can't do it and my Dentist is fully upgraded, and won't do it either. Sucks to know that, but nothing I can do now.

Sadly, I believe this is what classes as piss poor game design, if you can't beat a boss because you didn't upgrade a certain way beforehand. Really hope I can avoid the same situation when I grab this Friday. Hopefully your pain can save others the same fate. Really hope you can still finish somehow though. Another playthrough when you already have to do 3 would really suck le testicles :(