PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim > Hearthfire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggss View Post
Actually as far as gaming go, don't play what you don't like is one of the few freedoms we DO still have and is a perfectly good response in my opinion.

Just saying....
theres a big difference between not liking something and it being bad though i understand the confusion as with anything game related not liking something is interpreted as it being bad.

the same works in reverse just because you like something doesnt make it good as with skyrim, i like it alot, millions of people do but that doesnt mean everything about it is perfect theres many things wrong with it both in terms of bugs and general design flaws both in the dlc and the actual game... like the thieves guild for instance but because theres something i would have done differently and see as a bad mechanic doesnt mean i dont like the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Actually, Bethesda is one of the smallest developers making games this generation that is not an indie developer. They only have around 100 people working for them making content, and not all of them worked on Hearthfire. Hearthfire was made by a small group of individuals as a side project.
theyre still a very big company that make a lot of money... in the actual scheme of things theyre zenimax which is even bigger, just because theyre one of the smallest (citation needed since i cba getting actual figures for that) of the big companies doesnt make them small just smaller than the stupidly large studios and when you use minecraft as your previous example that argument falls seriously flat since that was created by a single person and is now maintained by about 5 people i think it is now total... 2 mostly

Quote:
At the end of the day, if you don't like something, don't play it. That's really the only choice any of us have as gamers.
as i already said i do like skyrim...so i play it but that doesnt mean i like everything about it... Which leads to something i was just gonna tag onto the other part and thats the point that we do have another choice, the one i choose to utilize daily and that is that is if something is bad in a game... talk about it, actually if you like something aswell you should because not enough people do that because if you tell them and enough people agree then theres a good chance it ill change, most likely not in theis game but perhaps he next.

This is especially true with bethesda who have a great track record with actually listening to fans when it comes to improvements, the fact we have a housing system at all in skyrim is a massive testimony to that because in morrowind and prior there wasent one and fans wanted one, we used to slaughter every NPC in a house and take it over for one or mod in a housing system and so in oblivion they added one and peole wanted more to do in houses,like display weapons and armour and do some of their crafting which wasent an option and again fans found creative ways of doing these things like breaking the physics engine to hang weapons on the wall from paint brushes and they listened again and added them in skyrim.

now theres a good chance when elderscrolls 6 appears a few years from now that house building will be a standard feature so whats wrong with saying what i dont like with hopes that next time it will be better and thats why i feel the need to justify my comments also because i feel something could be better and thats not a bad thing because it means theres something to improve in future

Last edited by RDrules; 04-04-2013 at 10:49 AM.
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #32
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
theres a big difference between not liking something and it being bad though i understand the confusion as with anything game related not liking something is interpreted as it being bad.

the same works in reverse just because you like something doesnt make it good as with skyrim, i like it alot, millions of people do but that doesnt mean everything about it is perfect theres many things wrong with it both in terms of bugs and general design flaws both in the dlc and the actual game... like the thieves guild for instance but because theres something i would have done differently and see as a bad mechanic doesnt mean i dont like the game
A point you're failing to realize here is that just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's bad.

Quote:
theyre still a very big company that make a lot of money... in the actual scheme of things theyre zenimax which is even bigger, just because theyre one of the smallest (citation needed since i cba getting actual figures for that) of the big companies doesnt make them small just smaller than the stupidly large studios and when you use minecraft as your previous example that argument falls seriously flat since that was created by a single person and is now maintained by about 5 people i think it is now total... 2 mostly
No no no. Bethesda Game Studios is not Zenimax... Zenimax is the parent company that owns Bethesda Softworks and BGS.

Zenimax also owns id Software, Arkane Studios, Tango Gameworks, and Zenimax online... that doesn't mean that any of those development houses have anything to do with the games created by Bethesda Game Studios.

Bethesda Game Studios is a relatively small developer. As Todd Howard has said in several interviews (including a video they made before Skyrim was released), their number of employees has stayed relatively the same since before Morrowind was released. The number of people who work on developing their games is around 100. And when you factor in the kind of games they create, and the scale at which they create them... that number of developers is quite small.

You can brush it off as "I'd need citation to know that for sure"... but if you can't bother to look it up yourself, why should I bother to look it up for you? All I know is what I've heard from Todd Howard himself, and why would he lie about that?

And the argument doesn't fall flat at all, considering the two games are entirely different. At its core, Minecraft is an extremely simple game. Just because it can be created by one person (which to be fair, the game that Notch created had FAR less content than what is currently available), doesn't mean that Skyrim could be. Saying that the small number of developers creating one game means that another number of developers isn't small is an invalid argument unless they're both working on the same game. Also, Mojang could be considered an indie developer, which leaves them out of the size argument entirely.

Quote:
as i already said i do like skyrim...so i play it but that doesnt mean i like everything about it... Which leads to something i was just gonna tag onto the other part and thats the point that we do have another choice, the one i choose to utilize daily and that is that is if something is bad in a game... talk about it, actually if you like something aswell you should because not enough people do that because if you tell them and enough people agree then theres a good chance it ill change, most likely not in theis game but perhaps he next.

This is especially true with bethesda who have a great track record with actually listening to fans when it comes to improvements, the fact we have a housing system at all in skyrim is a massive testimony to that because in morrowind and prior there wasent one and fans wanted one, we used to slaughter every NPC in a house and take it over for one or mod in a housing system and so in oblivion they added one and peole wanted more to do in houses,like display weapons and armour and do some of their crafting which wasent an option and again fans found creative ways of doing these things like breaking the physics engine to hang weapons on the wall from paint brushes and they listened again and added them in skyrim.

now theres a good chance when elderscrolls 6 appears a few years from now that house building will be a standard feature so whats wrong with saying what i dont like with hopes that next time it will be better and thats why i feel the need to justify my comments also because i feel something could be better and thats not a bad thing because it means theres something to improve in future
No, you're right. You're within your rights to voice your opinion about the game. Just as I'm within my rights to argue that your opinion is wrong.

Hearthfire likely won't be changing anytime soon, so my original statements are still valid. Your only options are to either play the PC version and install mods or create them yourself, or play another game entirely. Perhaps one that does exactly what you were hoping Hearthfire would provide.

Read them.... apply them.

Last edited by Skillet; 04-05-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #33
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
A point you're failing to realize here is that just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's bad.
but i havent said i dont like it i just offered a lot of things that could have been done better and a reason why reviews thing its, the houses as they are right now are the most useful in the game and i use them but there are some serious improvements that could be made to it.

Quote:

No no no. Bethesda Game Studios is not Zenimax... Zenimax is the parent company that owns Bethesda Softworks and BGS.
I know that but thats my point aswell, theyre not an indie studio and you could say the same about most studios, most studios when looked at alone are small but they have the weight of these big companies behind them and their resources could be used.. not saying they are because i dont know how many people put work into skyrim in total but they could but even if they arent now they could if needed for something

Quote:

You can brush it off as "I'd need citation to know that for sure"... but if you can't bother to look it up yourself, why should I bother to look it up for you? All I know is what I've heard from Todd Howard himself, and why would he lie about that?
I said i need a citation because i havent looked it up or know off the top of my head the number of employees at betheda so im not going to make a direct comment on it

Quote:

And the argument doesn't fall flat at all, considering the two games are entirely different.
you brought it up in the first place.

Quote:

No, you're right. You're within your rights to voice your opinion about the game. Just as I'm within my rights to argue that your opinion is wrong.
of course you are, and im gonna argue with them because im like that honestly though i like debating video games so i am happy someone disagrees with me if everyone agreed this industry would be boring.

Quote:
Hearthfire likely won't be changing anytime soon, so my original statements are still valid. Your only options are to either play the PC version and install mods or create them yourself, or play another game entirely. Perhaps one that does exactly what you were hoping Hearthfire would provide.
no it wont, future DLC may provide another housing plot that could offer more though.. or more likely a future game may be able to improve on it and id like improvements, theyre good when games are perfect there will really be no point laying them anymore.

and on the last part.. the only game that offers exactly what i mentioned i can think of is well runescape.... and i wouldnt touch that with a thousand foot barge pole
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #34
NGT

NGT ZOMBIEZz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
but i havent said i dont like it i just offered a lot of things that could have been done better and a reason why reviews thing its, the houses as they are right now are the most useful in the game and i use them but there are some serious improvements that could be made to it.

I know that but thats my point aswell, theyre not an indie studio and you could say the same about most studios, most studios when looked at alone are small but they have the weight of these big companies behind them and their resources could be used.. not saying they are because i dont know how many people put work into skyrim in total but they could but even if they arent now they could if needed for something

I said i need a citation because i havent looked it up or know off the top of my head the number of employees at betheda so im not going to make a direct comment on it

you brought it up in the first place.

of course you are, and im gonna argue with them because im like that honestly though i like debating video games so i am happy someone disagrees with me if everyone agreed this industry would be boring.

no it wont, future DLC may provide another housing plot that could offer more though.. or more likely a future game may be able to improve on it and id like improvements, theyre good when games are perfect there will really be no point laying them anymore.

and on the last part.. the only game that offers exactly what i mentioned i can think of is well runescape.... and i wouldnt touch that with a thousand foot barge pole
I agree. More improvements need to be made.
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #35
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Yaaaaawn. Reviews are still either complete hit or miss with our views. Cant change that.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote