SSX made me break my controller - Anyone else raging?

Stormy2k

Yeah, I got a little bit annoyed and broke my controller.

After mutliple bails in a race event and my character just sitting in the snow for 5 seconds wasting valuable time and me yelling at them to get up, I hit my pad with an epic open hand palm bash. The guide button has come loose and the controller wont hold a connection. Tried fixing it, but its now in the bin, time to get out the spare I have.

Also Africa, those courses fuck me off no end, especially racing Griff.

Loving this game though, awesomely good competative fun trying to beat my mates and great drops, but I do get the odd moment of pure rage.

Anyone else getting the rage? Haha.

At times I've gotten angry, at the end of one of the events on Africa you jump to the helicopter. Well I missed it and had no rewinds left, was on a great gold score too so was quite frustrated.

It's all the deadly decents which frustrate me really which is a shame as they're great when they work. Just when you deploy your wingsuit and fail to make the gap, or its so dark you dont know where your going, these can really anger me after numerous failed attempts. But yeah I like the features, just needs patience at times.

I just angry and scream but not break stuffs. This is pain in asses game. Not fun Survive tracks so in begin of game I found so fun and enjoyed but now no I gave this game 70% now not 80% because of too much frustrated, awful movement control while jump and this alway want you crashed or into pit.

Edit: I mention it not fun game as I meant it not fun for Survive tracks for World Tour so I should add it or explain better. SSX is fun near almost but not Survives!!!

Edited by cheevo360

I never break anything, but I do tend to get extremely frustrated if I bail towards the end of the race and lose those precious mili-seconds I needed to beat someone/get gold.

Edit: I just lost connection to the EA servers as I was getting a platinum on a run -_-

Edited by StolenPaper18

I almost loved this game but so shitty and much frustrated that World Tour's the famous frustrate Survives. So I am pleased done this anyway. I did few gold, some silver and every bronze in World Tour so I am pleased with it also all Survive achievements without using gears. :)

I want survive things removed in next series of SSX or improvement it with less frustrated and fixed god damn awful movement control while jumps for SSX 2. SSX 2 if have those fixed it will be one of best snowboarding game ever made by then :D

Edited by cheevo360

Rage, yes. Break, no. On those dark tracks, have your tv brightness level high. And take your time. When I was doing Darkness, I was surprised how easy it was doing no headlight, of course this was probably bcuz it was drilled when I DIED A MILLION TIMES doing it without rewinds but with headlight.

I damn near threw my controller through my TV while attempting the stupid Griff Grudge Match on Death Zone. Magic rubber band AI ftw?
Is that the final challenge where you get the most shittest head lamp in the world to try and beat him?

I haven't even gone back to that.

Like most, I've raged, but not enough to break the controller.

I haven't a spare one, and I haven't got the spare money kicking about to replace one, what with ME3 and child number 3 on the way. -_-'

I do get frustrated a fair bit on some courses though. There's one particular drop on New Zealand (the one you race as Ty in World Tour methinks), and whilst doing it during a Trick It event, I'd always seem to find myself flying off the left edge of the mountain.

And I don't know if it's Antarctica, Alps or Alaska (one of the 'A' ranges :p), and it's littered with death drops, and no matter what, I'll somehow find a way to fall down one. What is worst is when I rewind a little, play it out a little different and either go down the same one, or fall down another. It's like the game is like "no, you're going down... trollololol".

Don't even get me started on the bleeding helicopter pilots. The amount of times I've gone about clearing the first big jump on Serenity during the Global Event and the thing would fly in my way, so I automatically cling to it, which always resulted in me falling down the first gap. :mad:

Nerd anger aside, this game rocks my monkeys! :woop:

I haven't broken my controller, but I've certainly got a sore throat from screaming at the TV. Took me ages to beat bloody griff in Africa. Nearly gave up on it, but got there in the end. The final grudge race in the death zone didn't take me so long for some reason. Still hard though.

Now I'm working my way through explore and my frustration levels have definitely gone up.

I've gotten pissed off, but then I just rage quit and play an easy race map. Get a gold or two and I'm happy again. :D

I wish I could do that, but I'm so bloody tenacious and stubborn that I won't stop until I've done it!! Unfortunately I'm also extremely lacking in the patience department. Tenacity and a short temper are a very dangerous mix when it comes to video games!! It means I get there in the end, but I lose my temper multiple times along the way! I spent about an hour in Antarctica trying to get a bloody gold medal in a race, not literally obviously, I would have frozen to death!! Kept getting beaten by under a second, aaaahh. I did do it I the end though, thank God!!!

Edited by red mist 85

ive gotten pretty annoyed while playing this. but i have never taken it out on my controller. i felt like it, especially while going for specific deadly descent achievement that require no gear & and on some frustrating medals/badges. but at the end i finally got the achievements and the medals/badges and i was happy again haha. doing explore and global events now so hopefully that goes a lot more smoothly.

Rage, yeah. Break? No. Came close to throwing my controller once.

The last race against Griff I had to do 3 times because the first time it said I beat him by like half a second, but it didn't give me the win. The second time I was 5 seconds ahead of him and forgot to jump to the helicopter at the end and tried rewinding to make the jump but was pressing RB instead of LB :mad: because I was so happy that I beat him...3rd tried I wiped the floor clean with him by 15 seconds :p

Yeah, as much as i loved all the other SSX games in the series, this one is just stupid!

It's suppose to be a fun, enjoyable, playable game, and yet this one has so many problems, as well as being too damn hard at times!

Some problems i've encountered are duplicated tricks when i really haven't done so and grinding can be a buggy piece of sh** at times :mad: (Why the hell did they make a grind button in the first place????)

The survive it missions are a bunch of crap, but even with all the problems i faced, im still glad they made an effort to re-vitalise the series, and hope they don't include any of this crap in the next game...If there is one

(Why the hell did they make a grind button in the first place????)

You don't have to press the grind button on regular rails. You knew that right? Because pressing grind button on the rail makes you fall off. But yeah, grinding on trees and sharp edges seems to be glitchy. Sometimes the character just doesn't want to start grinding and I end up going all over the place. Sometimes I accidentally do the signature trick if I'm doing nose/tail press, boosting and trying to start a grind. And when my character just bounces off the edge, he/she goes in the air and starts the trick making me bail. This has made me rage few too many times already.

I've also encountered random bailing. Few times I've landed a trick and got the points and after that character just falls flat on his/her face for no apparent reason. Worst was when I was doing one of the Survive It tracks with trees. I had lost my armor but I was still doing very well. When suddently my character just bailed on her own and died. I wasn't jumping or anything and I wasn't even boosting. This made me pretty damn angry.

Thankfully most of my raging has been due to a real challenge and not glitches or anything like that. So yeah, this game makes me angry, but I was expecting that. I used to play a lot of Mirror's Edge and I would grind on a single map all day until I was satisfied with my time. Never broken or even abused my controller though.

Is that the final challenge where you get the most shittest head lamp in the world to try and beat him?

I haven't even gone back to that.

Neither have I. This too made me rage so I thought that I'm better off doing something else for a while.

• 10 months later...

there i was building up my rage on this EVIL map almost choking with rage and then my cat walks into my room and starts purring all nicely then i crashed near the finish line of a great run because my cat distracted me. I ran down my stairs screaming after my cat. it wont be coming back for a while!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...