Multiplayer connection test failed?

dirge

Hey guys, anyone getting this error message when clicking on multiplayer player/ranked matches? I've tried switching my router off, reset the xbox, done the xbox test connection and even another game with multiplayer (black ops) which worked. My mate can get a game straight away. Is it because it only just got released and i'm too eager or perhaps another problem i've not thought about? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

I'm in over my head here!

Did a google search with port forwarding, xbox360 quake arena and my router and got this page...

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WGR614v9/XBOX360_Quake_Arena_Arcade.htm

I tried following what it said but all I got was invalid internal ip address.

Half of this makes no sense to me what so ever.

I have noticed an upsetting trend here, everyone that has issues is in the UK... hmm I finish work in 30 mins so will confirm if I have any issues, I have two diffrent internet connections at home, my wired and next doors wireless (Helibeds... didnt take long to work out there wap password lol)

so I will update if it is a UK problem.

I have noticed an upsetting trend here, everyone that has issues is in the UK... hmm I finish work in 30 mins so will confirm if I have any issues, I have two diffrent internet connections at home, my wired and next doors wireless (Helibeds... didnt take long to work out there wap password lol)

so I will update if it is a UK problem.

Thanks dude, i'm not going anywhere until I get my quake fix, even if that means missing work on friday! Haha that'll be a good excuse for a sick paper surely? :D

Hi guys, I've been trying to resolve this issue all day, it seems that it is to do with Virginmedia customers, although I can't see how it could be down to Virgin seeing as no other game has a problem.

I've tried to get a response to the issue from the developers, publishers and Microsoft but nobody seems to want to even recognise it exists.

Wish I had better news to share but sadly I've got nothing.

If I get any info I'll be back.

Same problem - its gotta be a glitch within the game because I don't even have that ISP. I have Time Warner Roadrunner. I was in a party chat and online games earlier today in Quake as well as in the game The Path of Go and it just suddenly doesn't let me join any multiplayer matches anymore (in Quake) with that weird error message popping up.

Definitely an odd issue. I've also seen virgin customers who haven't had a problem. or had a problem early in the day, then tried later and it was fine. you could try this support page. not sure if it will help.

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/kb/xbox-kb.aspx?kbid=908874

In addition to this, try opening ports 1000 - 1032 to see if that helps.

Curious to see if anything improves on its own or if this solution helps. please let me know.

Sorry about the late reply people, when I got home I nerded this game! I love this single player! Tryed the online, I'm also on Virgin Media, I can play online But when I host it tells me I can only host a 2 player game :/ , But I can join Others games (played a 6 player deathmatch last nite came 5 th :( )

I think there is a definate issue here as I have 10mb broadband (checked by virgin) and cannot host more than 2 people!

but luckily i can still play this game and join others.

But there is an underlined problem with UK servers that needs to addressed!!!