Official Bitching Thread

MyRifleIsBroken

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to 1k the game you do have to play it co-op.. hence you need the online pass. Also they didn't add split screen.. which they say would ruin the immersion of the game.. but come on.. it's to ensure people buy the online pass. the Devs do this on purpose, they know some gamers will spend the money regardless. This will continue until people stop buying the game

you'll only have to buy the online pass if its second hand

My only complaint is the people bitching that game has co-op, I think it was an awesome addition to the series and i personally won't be touching single player unless an achievement sends me there

Woahhh. Co-op I don't mind but the game is designed for SP for the scares ect. Adding another person take it all away and changes the game completely

I can only speak for standard mode so far but ammo is universal. and the microtransactions atleast the ones that are available so far are for the supplies u need to create parts and ammo. and as for the achievement people you have to play co op if you wanna get 1000g in this game. to unlock retro 8 bit mode you have to beat the game on hardcore.

and saving hardcore to usb every 10 min would really get on your nerves after a while of constantly going to home just to move ur save.

and saving hardcore to usb every 10 min would really get on your nerves after a while of constantly going to home just to move ur save.

Not mine.

I would rather back up my save every chapter or so to save myself further pain. I will remember where I should backup from when I play through on Normal my first time.

Not mine.

I would rather back up my save every chapter or so to save myself further pain. I will remember where I should backup from when I play through on Normal my first time.

Exactly. I remember for DS 2 people came up with 3 perfect times to save including the disc switch.

I'm all for a game having Co-op most are done pretty well,I don't even mind them throwing a couple of revive your buddy type Co-op achievements but to have made it so that you can ONLY get all the collectibles while playing Co-op is just absolutely fucking ridiculous.Collectibles in a game are bad enough but HAVING to do them in co-op fuck that is so retarded.

The only thing I care about...

The only thing...

Is how much of a "horror survival" game this is going to be.

No one started playing Dead Space 1 thinking "Oh I like Third-Person Shooters, so this should be right up my alley." (and if they did, they were probably horribly disappointed) It was solely because of the horror dynamic it portrayed, and the unique mysterious story in hinted at. Sure it looked awesome too. But...why try and change what isn't broken to accommodate for another audience type. Dead Space isn't the first game series to do this either, ME2 was a enormous change from ME1. And it also isn't in just video games. Musicians and bands do this all the time over a course of time, to fit in with what is the new mainstream. Usually it turns out awful.

Bottom line, the world needs to get a nice slap in the face, and come to realization that when you start getting a large fanbase, it's because of what you did. So keep doing that. Don't drastically change it to gather a different audience.

I haven't played Dead Space 3 yet (obviously) and haven't read/watched any reviews. So I don't truly know if it is any less scary than the past two. I'm crossing my fingers that I will be pleased. I want this to be a game I enjoy!~

The only thing I care about...

The only thing...

Is how much of a "horror survival" game this is going to be.

No one started playing Dead Space 1 thinking "Oh I like Third-Person Shooters, so this should be right up my alley." (and if they did, they were probably horribly disappointed) It was solely because of the horror dynamic it portrayed, and the unique mysterious story in hinted at. Sure it looked awesome too. But...why try and change what isn't broken to accommodate for another audience type. Dead Space isn't the first game series to do this either, ME2 was a enormous change from ME1. And it also isn't in just video games. Musicians and bands do this all the time over a course of time, to fit in with what is the new mainstream. Usually it turns out awful.

Bottom line, the world needs to get a nice slap in the face, and come to realization that when you start getting a large fanbase, it's because of what you did. So keep doing that. Don't drastically change it to gather a different audience.

I haven't played Dead Space 3 yet (obviously) and haven't read/watched any reviews. So I don't truly know if it is any less scary than the past two. I'm crossing my fingers that I will be pleased. I want this to be a game I enjoy!~

Well put Sir. It's what I've been saying, Dead Space is losing it's identity and it all started with MP in DS2. Went downhill from there.

Well put Sir. It's what I've been saying, Dead Space is losing it's identity and it all started with MP in DS2. Went downhill from there.

Adding a new feature won't always destroy a game. Halo added theater, clans, parties, and forge. That was good. Splinter Cell added multiplayer after the first game (just like Dead Space), and Pandora Tomorrow & Chaos Theory will always be all-time favorites for me when it comes to multiplayer. Now Dead Space DID kind of lack with the multiplayer aspect, but I think the most noticeable game that lacked when they added multiplayer their second time around was Bioshock. The single player campaign was no where near amazing as the first, and the multiplayer was decent at best, but nothing that made you want to play it after a month.

Again, I can't say whether or not Dead Space (as a franchise) is going downhill, because I still enjoyed the DS2 campaign. I didn't care for the multiplayer. I'll wait until tomorrow to discuss my feelings towards the entire franchise and the direction its going in my view.

I just saw the ign video review and i saw something that i dont understand...

Elli has lost an eye in dead space 2 but it seems like that she has 2 eyes in Dead Space 3. o.O

Is this a bad design fault of Visceral Games or is there a logical explanation for it?

They're in the future for one where medical surgeries and replications are practically pharmacy trips. They already explained she's undergone surgery.