Transferring stuff from old harddrive to new

hondafanatic17

Ok my question pretty much is like I have the 20 gb hard drive that came on my pro when I got it and as of now I'd like to buy the 120 cause 20 isn't enough for me, so when I buy the new one can I also along with my gamer profile also transfer game saves, arcade games, etc. with that too the new hard drive. Because if I can that is going to be a big disapointment to me cause of all the time I spent on a lot of games and money I've spent on downloadable stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is time consuming but I actually used a memory card to copy and tranfer my data, so that If I wanted to go into another room my saves would be there and I could continue to play where I left off, but since then Ihave not bothered as it is to much work to keep transfering saves back and forth. The tranfer kit is very effective but it completly erases the drive that the data is being transfered from.

• 3 weeks later...
I was also thinking about upgrading to the 120 GB. So transferring everything to the new drive will not affect anything, like profile, game saves or gamersore, because I heard that it does. I have alot of stuff on my 20GB and need more room, but I would hate to lose any game save and gamerscore.

You can always recover your gamertag so you won't lose that or your gamerscore...but it is possible to lose the gamesaves. Not likely when done correctly though.

Transfer it using the transfer cable. If you get the hard drive on it's own(120gb) the cable will come with it, otherwise you will have to order one from Microsoft. When I did the transfer it said that some data was corrupt and could not be transferred, I have no idea what and haven't noticed anything missing so I think it's pretty safe. Also, DO NOT waste money getting a transfer cable from ebay.

• 1 month later...