A few small tips to help get 65k on Stone Cold Crazy

machonach0

Alright now before I start, don't expect to get this achievement within a couple tries. I started trying for it at 12:00 yesterday and got it at 3:00 this morning. If your not very good at the song I suggest doing expert for awhile trying to do as well as possible, then switch to hard. I was trying for a good while on expert before I realized it was to hard for me to get the achievement on there, so I switched to hard and the song almost seemed easy. I'm not sure how much this will help people but these were some things that I found useful.

1. Obviously you are going to want to know the song pretty well, at least enough to get a 90% or higher on hard. (I got the achievement on hard, I would suggest doing it on hard unless you can actually hit some of the harder phrases on expert.)
  2. Freeforms are the most important things, you are going to need figure out the right pitches for you to come of of each freeform with at least a 4x multiplier. (except the first one as long as you can get at least 1500 points or more on the 1st its not all that important. But the other ones are VERY important.)
  3. Use the 1st freeform part of the song to figure how your going to come off the other 2 with a 4x multiplier. Then you start singing, you should be able to get star power a few phrases into the song, you need to use that as soon as you get it. Then the hard part, You HAVE to hit the part where he says "Stone cold crazy you know" To come off of that with at least a 2x multiplier. Then he does the woooooo. ow. part which should jump you up to a 4x multiplier and you should have star power. then do the freeform, and hit star power right at the end for big points. (if you did not reach 30,000 points or higher after the 2nd freeform then you probably need to restart.)
  4. Then you start singing again go through all the phrases getting as much star power as possible but DON'T use it until the next freeform. At the end of the section he does the "Stone cold crazy you know" again, followed by a "whoooo, hit em hard." The most important part of this is hitting the whoooo, hit em hard. So you come out with a 3x multiplier, (if you hit the stone cold crazy and the whooo hit em hard perfect and come out with a 4x multiplier you will probably get all 65,000 after the next freeform.) If you are like me and can only get out of that part with a 3x multiplier then you should still be in the clear, as long as you have 40,000 points or more after that section.
  5. Now obviously if you have done everything I said before and you have those points then this freeform is now the most important part of the whole song, as long as you get the freeform to give you a x4 multiplier and you use your star power right at the end of it then you should come off it with over 50,000 points. (I had 55,000 when I got the achievement.) Now the last singing section was always my most difficult. But when I got the achievement I still did pretty bad on most of it except the beginning and end. Just hit as many notes as you can and if you get star power again, use it as soon as you get it. If you didnt get the achievement when you beat it and you came of the last freeform with 55,000 points or more then you most likely need to practice the last section. But you should have gotten it if you had those points and those multipliers at the times I put. Also don't forget, you NEED star power for the freeforms. (also if your not able to score points on the freeforms then try calibrating it could help.)

I hope this helps some of yall trying to get the achievement. I know its not all that much help but it's good to know what you need to be at for each section so your not just pointlessly running through the song. Good Luck.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

Sorry to completely bust your nuts but unless you are a vocalist, then you are likely never to get this achievement. There is a thread a couple threads down about trying to use a YouTube video recording of an expert run to get the achievement.

Everything, even your Freeform tips, are well known.

EDIT: Well, you've seen the thread since you have a post in it, so why not include this in that discussion?

Sorry to completely bust your nuts but unless you are a vocalist, then you are likely never to get this achievement. There is a thread a couple threads down about trying to use a YouTube video recording of an expert run to get the achievement.

Everything, even your Freeform tips, are well known.

EDIT: Well, you've seen the thread since you have a post in it, so why not include this in that discussion?

Yeah I did I just wanted to make a thread because it was so far down on there and most people would just stop at the video, which I didnt find helpfull at all. Every video of people getting the score has the T.V. turned up way to loud to sync it up and the quality makes the score hard to read on some. I just posted it because this is stuff I would have liked to know when I was going for it. And you don't need to be a vocalist to get this, believe me I am not a very good singer. You just need to mess around with your pitch and practice the song for a bit.:eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Just reviving this thread with some new info. :)

For the freeforms, do this;

Use this Online Keyboard, put your mic in front of your speakers and when the freeform starts, tap your A key (On your computer keyboard) until you get a 2x then alternate between the S and D key (Again, computer keyboard).

You should come out with a 3x, or if you're lucky, a 4x, with anywhere between 1300 -1900 points. Combine this with Star Power at an 8x multi, and you'll get over 10k points on the last 2 freeforms.

I used laptop speakers that aren't too good and I've ended with 63k a few times, just have to practice that end section.

(Oh, make sure that the Keyboard is set to Guitar)

EDIT: Also, no doubt most of you have watched the video posted in one of the threads around here. That first star power that you get, the video tells you to activate at the beginning of the next section (I'll find the video for you to give you a visual aid)... don't do that. Instead, use it right at the end of the last section, to squeeze the points out of that section and your activation will still run over the next section. It's at least another 1000 points for free right there. :)

EDIT 2: Here's the video;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnt8kLwwvhg]YouTube - stone cold crazy 65k achievement ON MEDIUM[/ame]

Right, you can see where says to activate the first time; On the "Here comes the law" part, well activate at the end of the section before that.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

Sorry to completely bust your nuts but unless you are a vocalist, then you are likely never to get this achievement.

You're full of it.

I'm a horrendous singer and I got this.

The freeform is the key.. I maybe got like 15/20K out of the 65K needed from actually singing and the rest from freeform

Then I plugged in my guitar and amp and played these frets

12 - 11 - 9 - 8 - 6 - 4

The volume needed a little bit of tweaking to be picked up but it was fine after a while..

I got a 6 or 7X multiplier EVERYTIME after I got the volume right..

Hit each note until it gets picked up..

Also.. I play drums.. I am in no way a guitarist and I still managed to play the notes.. Very easy.

Edited by Alfman1

Listen to Alfman too, he's God.

I tried doing that, but I didn't want to take my strings out from fear of never getting them back into the guitar and I couldn't quite get it right. So my way is a good alternative, but Alfman's seems to be the best.

Got the achievement at last though! All 5k on Guitar Hero now. :D

EDIT: Also Alfie (What is your real name?), you might want to tell them to play those frets on the A string...

Just reviving this thread with some new info. :)

For the freeforms, do this;

Use this Online Keyboard, put your mic in front of your speakers and when the freeform starts, tap your A key (On your computer keyboard) until you get a 2x then alternate between the S and D key (Again, computer keyboard).

You should come out with a 3x, or if you're lucky, a 4x, with anywhere between 1300 -1900 points. Combine this with Star Power at an 8x multi, and you'll get over 10k points on the last 2 freeforms.

I used laptop speakers that aren't too good and I've ended with 63k a few times, just have to practice that end section.

(Oh, make sure that the Keyboard is set to Guitar)

EDIT: Also, no doubt most of you have watched the video posted in one of the threads around here. That first star power that you get, the video tells you to activate at the beginning of the next section (I'll find the video for you to give you a visual aid)... don't do that. Instead, use it right at the end of the last section, to squeeze the points out of that section and your activation will still run over the next section. It's at least another 1000 points for free right there. :)

EDIT 2: Here's the video;

Right, you can see where says to activate the first time; On the "Here comes the law" part, well activate at the end of the section before that.

Holy crap god bless you, I tried to use the keyboard but didn't know the right keys.