Richard Walker's review...

...I agreed with most everything in it. Except the mark-down for the 100% sync achievement. Seriously? You marked it down for that?! Granted I don't read ALL the reviews x360a posts on new games but are we really being achievement pansies here?

This is a direct quote from his scoring the achievemens a 75/100:

"Assassin's Creed: Revelations achievement list could have been almost perfect, were it not for the hateful 100% sync, which is one of the most irritating achievements we've pursued in some time. The rest of the list is fun and creative, making the most of Constantinople as a playground for experimentation. Kudos to Ubi too for making the multiplayer cheevos nice and easy too.

And now for him scoring Delivery a 85/100 which is arguably where Revelations is lacking above all else, I think most would agree and he even pointed it out in his review many times. Moreso than the achievement list:

"Sadly, there's a palpable sense that Assassin's Creed might be starting to wear a little thin. The main storyline doesn't seem to last all that long, and it's not nearly as compelling as past instalments. You'll find yourself performing many of the same activities from AC II and Brotherhood over again, so as a package, this is somewhat lacking. Still, multiplayer is superb once you get back into it, and offers hours of assassination for your buck, while improving immeasurably upon the Brotherhood template. It doesn't take five weeks to connect to an online match this time either, which is nice."

So you said the cheevo list was "near-perfect" except 100% sync: 75/100

The plethora or bad things you had to say about the improvements/additions or lack thereof gets a 85/100???

So I'm left to draw two conclusions, you are either a huge wuss when it comes to achievements, no offense, because I almost 100% synced every mission in the game with only a handful left after I finished it. It was nowhere NEAR as hard to do as it was in Brotherhood. OR...maybe that achievement is/was really difficult for you and maybe I just didn't and its freaking me out you scoring it so low because of ONE achievement, which would've been fine it you had rated something at LEAST EQUALLy as low that you complained about more than that one achievement. The logic just doesn't add up for me.

Even by a math standpoint 48/49 (number of achievemnts) = 97.95

So if you going to drag the score down at least let it be assigned the glaring gameplay issues and not the addition of an achievement which may have left a bad taste in your mouth last time around. I'm all for easy gamerscore but its ridiculous to drag the score down over one achievement that wasn't even that hard.

I realize its your opinion and all but what you said in the review and how you scored really didn't line up to me, don't take it personally. Just trying to be constructively critical, maybe I'm the crazy one and I need a fire lit under my ass :-)

Flame away.

Edited by ScReEmFaCe

Indeed, there really isn't much to the 100% Sync achievement on this game, especially as it's just the missions. Even if it were 100% Total Sync, that's not even that bad on this, considering purchasing stores, armour, landmarks and weapons and doing the challenges don't even factor in to the 100% Total Sync.

I would agree on his criticism if we were discussing Brotherhood. I've yet to get full sync in that bloody tank but that's a moan for another forum.

100% in Revelations was a breeze. I think I failed full sync on only 3-4 separate memories and only because of stupid mistakes on my part.

Thank god its not just me then, besides I know we're all about easy achievemnts or making harder ones easier at this site, but seriously, I DO enjoy a bit of a challenge, not sure about you guys. Besides The multiplayer cheevos in Brotherhood way outweighed the difficulty of getting 100% sync. That level 50 was a freaking grindfest of epic proportions.

Btw if anyone thinks i only like games with hard achievements, just look at my list XD I have to reprehensible games on there, really crappy ones you've probably never heard of as well as things like Halo 3 and whatnot.

getting 100% this time round was EASY!

there was nothing as bad as the Da Vinci flying machine (annoying because if you screwed up you had to do the whole of the first half of the mission again before even getting to the flying machine)

Never had a major problem with the DaVinci flying machine missions in either game. The tank one and no damage still eludes me though.

Also, he claimed AC:R to be the most beautiful AC game to date etc. etc. Yet he rated it at a 90. This strikes me as odd because AC:B was rated as 90 with claims of it being beautiful and only having a few graphical glitches. Nothing about that on the review. THe achievement thing is truly ridiculous. Brings down its score way to much.

Also, he claimed AC:R to be the most beautiful AC game to date etc. etc. Yet he rated it at a 90. This strikes me as odd because AC:B was rated as 90 with claims of it being beautiful and only having a few graphical glitches. Nothing about that on the review. THe achievement thing is truly ridiculous. Brings down its score way to much.

Actually achievements don't factor in to the score. The score given is, in this case, a round-up of the average of the top 4's (87.5), and I'm pretty sure I once read Webb or someone saying they don't factor achievements into the final score.

The achievement thing is ridiculous though. 100% achievements are brilliant in my opinion, they inspire you to carry on playing the game. Assassins creed 1 got 80% achievement-wise, and that had the hateful flag collecting achievements in, and barely any originality (In contrast to ones like 'Show-off'). WTF?

I agree with the majority of the review, but that just seems harsh :S

I found them all to be beautiful in their own setting. I would often find myself admiring the view from viewpoints rather than just climb, sync and jump.

For any/all it's faults it is a very attractive and immersive game.

(spell checker is saying that isn't a word, i might have just made it up o_O)