Conspiracy Theory: Microsoft paid EA to make Battlefield a memory hog.

Zombiedrd

There also have been a few other MP updates (4 I think) that were about a gig and a half a piece, not to mention the texture pack, as to the OP tell your friend to go buy a used 60 gig, they run like $25 or so and I doubt MS paid EA to do that as DICE developed this game primarily for the PC becaus BF is a PC first game and I'm not a fanboy or anything, but lets face it PC graphics>console graphics

My buddy still has an original Xbox with the 13 gig HDD. No Armored Kill for him. With CQ, Karkand, and the Patch, he doesn't have enough room.

This game is a massive memory hog.

Do you mean "storage"? Memory usually refers to RAM, something all versions of the 360 only have 512MB of.

Anyway, yeah, I only have a 20GB HDD on my 360 too (next gen will be here sooner than later, so I no longer see a reason to upgrade). It's annoying, but I have two 8GB flash drives on my Xbox, so I have just barely enough space. You should tell him to buy a few of them, they're really cheap and you can use them for other things, too.

I do think DICE could do a better job with the content, though, from my experiences with PC gaming, most games compress their files, but it seems BF3 doesn't do this and everything is just its raw size, I mean 1.44GB for a few tweaks and bug fixes is absurd.

320GB HDD - $130

Won't break the bank, hell get a fucking paper route or start mowing lawns.

I have bills to pay, loans to clear up, rent to dish out. I do have a job, I just have a strict budget for my self.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26625924.jpg

Don't underestimate the power of old people games.