Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Shiftie

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10

-Offline:200 :gsicon:

-Online: 0

-Approximate amount of time to 200:gsicon:: 30-40hrs

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 (1 per class)

-Number of missable achievements: None (repeatable levels)

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheat codes

-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

-Glitchy achievements: Critical Hit (Works on the Rogue only), Eternal Hero (Replay the last level until it unlocks)

-Unobtainable achievements: None

-Extra equipment needed? : 2nd Controller

Introduction:

In Realms of Ancient War, you can play as one of three heroes tasked with helping a King recover his body from the clutches of a dark spell. This journey takes you through the various regions of the world, to fight against Dwarves, Undead, Elves and Demon-like creatures and you try to both save the king, and bring light back into the world.

First Playthrough:

All of your playthroughs will involve you playing as a different one of the three heroes (Wizard, Warrior, Rogue), so pick your favorite one to play first. In this game difficulty doesn't matter achievement-wise, so pick whichever one you feel comfortable with. You will want to shoot for saving up 50,000 gold at one time for "The Path of Fortune", which is easier than it sounds, and you can start saving after purchasing the first legendary set from the Dwarf Quarry merchant for "The Full Set Collector". As you play through the game you will want to keep an eye out for statues of Kilthi for "The Great Explorer"; they aren't collectibles, but instead things you need to find and use. You should be able to make it through a number of levels without dying for "Fearless Hero", even on Heroic. "The Spirit Master" will unlock for you once you possess 15 enemies via :lbbut: when prompted, and there are far more than 15 enemies you can possess. "Critical Hit" will come to those players who can reach a damage stat and skill stat high enough to deal 2500+ damage with one attack. Also, keep an eye out for side quests for "The Adventurer Spirit". Finishing the game will net you "Battle for a New Alliance".

Second Playthrough + Clean up :

Same deal as playthrough one, but on a different character. If you have missed any statues for Kilthi, you can stay on your primary character and go back to get them, or get them all on your new character for "The Great Explorer". Same scenario with the quests for "Adventurer Spirit", if you've missed some you can just go back, or just go through all of them now for the experience points and loot.

Third Playthrough:

Once again, same deal, different character. Completing the game this time around will net you "Eternal Hero".

Co-op:

This can be done at any time for "A Team of Heroes" if you have a second controller and have that controller join your game.

Heroic Tips:

If you choose to play on Heroic, there are some tips that may help you out.

*Stay mobile. Move around as much as possible in combat to avoid attacks, especially the slower moving ranged spells and arrows that do the most damage.

*Focus more on defense/healing when you can. Once you're comfortable with your survivability, put some points into a spell or skill that does damage so you can make the fights a bit quicker.

*Remember: You can always go back to play a level if you need more Soulstones (revive you upon death, you receive one for every level you finish/repeat) or more life potions (repeat the Dwarf Quarry for these, between drops and all three merchants there are lots of health potions in this level).

*You can always chill somewhere and wait while your hp/mp regenerate if you need to prepare for a big battle, or just don't feel like wasting any potions.

*Keep your armor upgraded. Don't play through the game with your starting equipment, if you see legendary armor on sale, and it's good, save up for it and buy it. You can either buy it then, or go back later when you have the money.

*:rtbut: let's you instantly use a health potion, :ltbut: a mana.

Achievements:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/-EvHqQ==.jpgEternal Hero - 25:gsicon:

You have completed the game with all heroes

Simply play through the entire campaign once on each of the three heroes. This achievement is known to get buggy once you are on the final boss with your last hero. Once you reach that point, players have reported that defeating the boss repeatedly (about 3 times) will eventually unlock the achievement, or changing the difficulty and defeating him on that achievement. Try both methods if necessary.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/+eksUA==.jpgThe Skill Master - 20:gsicon:

You have raised all of your skills to level 1

Each character has a total of 21 skills, divided into three "tiers" that unlock at level 1, 10, and 20 respectively. Some later skills require you to unlock and max out a lower tier skill first (indicated by a line connecting the two), while some require just one point in a previous skill (a dashed line), but most skills can be purchased once you reach the required level. Eventually you'll be able to buy a Amnesia Scroll to reset your skill points (one can be purchased from a merchant in Chapel of the Alliance for 7007 (they also drop/are found in chests from time to time).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/+AnUww==.jpgThe Path of Fortune - 20:gsicon:

You have 50,000 gold coins

This IS one of those annoying money collection achievements where you need all 50,000 gold in your pocket for the achievement to pop. Luckily, you don't need to purchase stuff too often, aside from the Legendary set if you're on Heroic (highly recommended, very good set to use) and maybe a good legendary to fill the rest of your slots. Though really, after you have the armor set you can just wait for items to drop if you want, or you can just not spend any money at all since decent stuff will drop, eventually. I didn't get this until I reach the first Elf area because I had spent about 15k on gear already.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/+ijddg==.jpgThe Great Explorer - 15:gsicon:

You have found 5 statues of Kilthi

The statues of the Goddess Kilthi are rather tall statues of the Goddess that can be used to heal you to full health/mana/both (varies) using :rbbut:.

Darkhabir's Forge

After getting by the walkway through the lava and entering the dark tunnels again, hug the left wall until you reach a dead end, where you'll find the statue.

Hidden Passage

You'll come to a fork, with one path leading North (the path you need to progress) and the other leading Easy on to a dock. Follow the East path to find the statue at the end of the dock.

Red Moon

After coming across the first group of Elves, who you then save from Werewolves, continue into the next path and take a left to see the red statue (you should see it fine from the path while you're fighting more werewolves). This is right before another Dominant Werewolf fight.

The Sanctuary

Once you reach the area with the Ent that you can possess, there is a short side path leading from the East of this area that has the statue

Sunset Tower

Follow the left path when the path splits and you'll come to a staircase that takes you into a new area. The new area is an exterior courtyard-type area with a fenced in like park area in the middle of it. The statue is on the right side of that fenced in area.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/+QeC2g==.jpgCritical Hit - 10:gsicon:

You have struck an enemy for 2500+ HP damage

This achievement seems to only pop on the Rogue class.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/+Od6SQ==.jpgFearless Hero - 10:gsicon:

You've completed a level without once dying

It's probably best to just set the game to Normal difficulty for this one and just go through the first level on your preferred character. However, you can do heroic difficulty as long as you take the time to heal/mana up (via regen) before entering any big battles, such as those with the elite enemies in the first level. The game will warn you before you enter battle with the first elite, so just remember to watch for them for the remainder of the level so you don't die. Often times, the elite will be followed by a large wave of enemies as well, so always be prepared for that and save any area of effect attacks you may have.

Personally, as my Wizard (on Heroic), I did this achievement on level 3 since there are only a few ranged enemies (though the spiders are definitely a nuisance), and as I equipped each legendary armor piece, my abilities got to be pretty ridiculous. Fireball lv 2 and 3, and Toxic Cloud 1 made quick work of any packs of enemies I had to deal with, and having mana preservation 1 just made life simpler. I barely used Energy Shield 1 or Shockwave 1 since the small explosions from the Fireballs were just great.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/+8BuRw==.jpgThe Spirit Master - 15:gsicon:

You have possessed 15 mobs

After learning to possess enemies in level 2 by tapping :lbbut: next to enemies with the :lbbut: symbol underneath them, you'll be able to regularly jump into a foe (anything from giant spiders, to Ents), and see what they see, while also using their attacks for a brief period of time. You should get this by about level 5 (possibly sooner) if you jump into every enemy possible, and quickly jump back out of the weaker ones, which will die instantly so you can jump into another one (like in the fight with the Spider Queen boss).

Alternatively, you can use :lbbut: to continuously exit and re-enter any possess-able mob to get this without grinding it out. (Thanks to Vladimirk for confirming this).

Edited by Shiftie

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/+iCW1A==.jpgDead Species - 15:gsicon:

You have killed 1000 mobs in the main campaign

Simply decimate 1000 foes during your playthrough of the campaign. You will get this by about the 3rd level if you kill just about every enemy you come across.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/+AGfYQ==.jpgThe Adventurer Spirit - 20:gsicon:

You have completed 50 quests

As you progress through the game, you'll come across certain people with :rbbut: over there head, who you can talk to and receive a quest from. Some of these quests are necessary for progression through the game, others are just sidequests that you can complete for fun, or riches. In either case, make sure you fully explore every area you come across in order to do every quest. You can activate a marker that points in the direction of the quest-related area, by hitting :start: and tabbing toward the quest tab (:lbbut: or :rbbut:), highlighting the quest you want, and pressing :abut: to make an arrow appear that points you in the right direction OR you can just press :ls:.

Look HERE for a full quest guide.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/+eFn8g==.jpgThe Full Set Collector - 20:gsicon:

You have equipped a full set of epic or legendary armor

Legendary armor is the armor with a purple or orange item name, which you can start finding in about level 3. Note that it can drop and be purchased from the merchants in the area, so try and clear most of the area around the merchants to see if any items have dropped for you class (Arcane for Wizard, Power for Warrior, Vigil for Rogue), you'll only need a helmet, armor and leggings for a "set". Also note that each class has different prices for their armor in the shops.

Shop 1 (Dwarf Quarry)

Wizard (Arcane Set): Armor = 4200, Leggings* = 4200, Helm = 4200

Warrior (Power Set): Armor = 3850, Leggings = 4025, Helm = 4025

Rogue (Vigil Set): Armor = 3850, Leggings = 4375, Helm = 4375

*Wizard legs dropped off of an enemy for me

Shop 2 (Dark Woods, lvl 15 armor)

Wizard (Hurricane): Set = 7875 each

Warrior (Fury): Armor = 7700, Leggings = 7875, Helm = 8225

Rogue (Hunter): Armor = 7700, Leggings = 7875, Helm = 7875

Shop 3 (Blackout, lvl 15 Orange set*)

Wizard (Divine Storm): Armor = 15599, Leggings = 17550, Helm = 16575

Warrior (Rage): Armor = 15599, Leggings = 17550, Helm = 17550

Rogue (Moonlight): Same as Warrior

*Costs are after 1 skill point in the merchant bartering skill

Shop 4 (Baldher's Gate, lvl 25 Purple set**)

Wizard (Cataclysm): Armor = 11212, Leggings = 10887, Helm = 11050

Warrior (Destruction): Armor = 11050, Leggings = 11050, Helm = 11212

Rogue (Predator): Armor = 10887, Leggings = 11050, Helm = 11375

*Again, 1 skill point discounted prices

**Each class now also has a set weapon (not needed for the achievement)

Shop 5 (Desert of Soth, lvl 25 Orange Set)

Wizard (Chaos): Armor= 23400, Leggings = 24375, Helm = 24050

Warrior (Martyr): Armor = 23400, Leggings = 25025, Helm = 24700

Rogue ( Shadow): Armor = 23400, Leggings = 24700, Helm = 25025

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/-EOMCw==.jpgA Team of Heroes - 10:gsicon:

You have played with a friend

While in a game, turn on a second controller then press :start: to join the game and have the achievement pop. You can do this at any time for easy points.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2012/-aN0mA==.jpgBattle for a New Alliance - 20:gsicon:

You have completed the game a first time

Finish the game once on any difficulty, on any character. The achievement will pop as soon as the credits start rolling.

Edited by Shiftie

i dont even think the difficulty should b a 4/10, since all chievos can be got on casual mode, it makes the difficulty 2 at most. the only issue is the time and 3 playthroughs it will take, but isnt related to difficulty. in my humble opinion lol.

Ya I suppose you're right. I played the whole game on Heroic, giving it that 4 originally, but obviously a lot easier on normal (though still not completely idiot proof, so it's not a 1).

does anyone know why after completing the game with all 3 chars, the chievo didnt pop? i did on casual, were u meant to do it on heroic?? do you have to wait until end of credits, as the game saves anyway even if you skip?

http://forum.raw-thegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=121

Bugged and added. Replay the last level until it unlocks for you.

replayed the level twice with each char, and still nothing. seriously glitched! guess il have to wait for a patch.

If you don't want to wait for a patch that might never come, people have suggested replaying the last level with one character, repeatedly until it unlocks. I think the most number of times I've heard it took anyone was nine times replaying in a row to do it. Sucks, but it is what it is.

• 2 months later...

I noticed that the ETERNAL HERO achievement unlocked when I had all 3 heroes at LEVEL 32 and then completed THE NEW ALLIANCE. So, if you're having problems with this one, just play the final level until you get all 3 classes to level 32 and see if that does it!

Maybe this is the final condition before the achievement unlocks?!?! Can you guys (who have 200... and still look at this forum) check that all 3 of your classes are level 32?

Edited by tastefulmrship

I noticed that the ETERNAL HERO achievement unlocked when I had all 3 heroes at LEVEL 32 and then completed THE NEW ALLIANCE. So, if you're having problems with this one, just play the final level until you get all 3 classes to level 32 and see if that does it!

Maybe this is the final condition before the achievement unlocks?!?! Can you guys (who have 200... and still look at this forum) check that all 3 of your classes are level 32?

I just changed the diffuculty to heroic from normal and beat the last stage again. The achievement popped after that. My character was a lvl 29 wizard.

For The Adventurer Spirit I've learned that this achievement is accumulative across all playthroughs. I played halfway through the campaign with my Warrior, then started a campaign with my Rogue and the achievement popped as I reach the Bloodsand Desert. Pretty fun game, could use some online co-op tho. Beating it with all 3 characters is a little excessive since the storyline is essentially the same for all.

Same here.

I played the last boss 3x in a row, without backing out to the main menu, and the achievement unlocked just after hitting the A button to get through the dialogue and just before the credits started.

If you want the guide to be any good, it would bode very well to include more info about unlocking "ETERNAL HERO".

400msp ($5 American) (was 1200msp)

This game was well worth the 67% off discount during Christmas 2012. The 2 other play throughs take a long time, but it's a possible 200G. Expect to play this game for 25+ hours.

R.A.W. REALMS OF ANCIENT WARFARE 200/200G, Dec 30 2012 for "E vee dub"

Edited by E vee dub

• 2 weeks later...
I picked this up at Christmas and just got round to starting it but for Spirit Master, you can actually get it on the very first possess-able enemy by possessing it with LB, then exit by pressing LB again and simply repeat this 15 times.

Hmm.. they must have changed that at some point. Whenever I tried that (back when the game first came out) the mob would die after one or two possessions. Good to know either way.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 2 months later...