Final Boss: Game Breaking Glitch (no more mini dragon ghosts)

I keep encountering what I perceive to be a game breaking glitch.

Once I get to about 1/4 of the final boss's health left the mini dragon ghosts STOP spawning. These little guys are the only way to get the Squad Boost so that you can take down the final boss's health. This is on the HARD difficulty in Singleplayer.

This has happened to me at least 6 times with at least one time the game froze on me when loading the final level. I've also failed a few times but that was due to not being able to revive my guys before getting hit.

I've stayed in the game waiting for more dragon ghosts to spawn but they never do and hitting the final boss doesn't do any damage since he can only take damage from and during a Squad Boost.

I watched a let's play video of the final boss battle and in that video the little dragon ghosts kept spawning until the boss was finally defeated. I'm not sure if there is somehow a finite number of these little guys or if the game is just messed up for me. Even when I try to avoid killing more of the dragon ghosts than I need there is still the 2 stupid AI that ONLY go after the dragon ghosts instead of smashing the boss when he get's hit by the Squad Boost and any ghosts that get in the way.

I'm only renting the game but at this point I'm about to give up and send it back without completing the game.

I really feel like snapping the disc in half.

screenshot:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/8gy93.jpg

Edited by EatSleepDreamAchievements

OK so I got it!

There are a limited number of min dragons, but the think I was doing wrong was not attacking Tiamat once he was vulnerable. Once you use the Team Attack Tiamat can be hurt so span your best ranged attack at a good distance with your best character (I think Nightwing's "X" power attack is the best) even if other characters die keep attacking and revive them once Tiamat is invulnerable again.

I would also recommend that you use the character boosts that increase POWER damage by 20% and 10% if you are suing this strategy.

Took a few attempts once I was trying this but I did get it - guess you have to be lucky about how many dragons the AI kills.