How to Fix the Armor Lock

Zenith94x

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, we drove the troll out and away from under the bridge. And regarding the armor lock glitch, from what I understand, you can use it and avoid dying just by tapping the armor ability button? I've definitely killed and been killed before while going into that stance, but not fully into it yet. Unless I'm not understanding the full extent of this glitch?

Original Post Response

Whew, that was a long debacle.

Let me respond to the OP saying that I think that Armor Lock is completely fair in all senses of the word. The only thing is that under certain circumstances should it be removed.

A prime example is the Drop Shield. Bungie willingly removed it from objective game types to adjust the annoying game play. Using a drop shield in objective isn't cheap, it's just hard to counter.

As mentioned in the article (which was a good read, you should all read up on it), anything that constitutes as "cheap" usually has a fairly simple solution to the problem. The same rules apply for Oddball; however, it is particularly more difficult to counter than something else, such as Armor Lock.

The only place in my personal opinion where I see armor lock detract from the gameplay would have to be in Multi-team. Even though armor lock can be countered (if you can consider the ways of overcoming it), it is extremely hard to do when you have an overbearing eight players running around attempting to kill you. This being said, there is a sense of fun being stripped from the game, not because the situation is cheap, more than it is lack of possible solution. Not to mention that you could always run away from the kill altogether and let the player survive.

- - - - -

Debacle Stuff (Can we call it internet drama?)

Kraderic did bring up many feasible points, and I find it troubling that Blueprotoss could not look the other way for a second.

In case you guys haven't given it thought, here's a link to his service record:

Blueprotoss's Service Record <-- This is a link Blueprotoss.

As you can see, he has a 1.09 kill to death ratio, which was surprising to me after I read all of his remarks about kids always using armor lock. His time is also primarily focused around Firefight matchmaking (Rocketfight, go figure).

Although, I must give him credit at the same time. Part of me thought that he would have more Rejections than anyone on Halo: Reach, but he doesn't. In fact, none of his medal chests even reach double digits for Rejections.

And even though I go against what you say Blueprotoss, I'm not talking down to you in any way (other than the cute remarks had to reference from before). For your information, I only use sprint and evade in my games, and fall to armor lock when necessary in a game (not to seem more or less skilled). So, don't assume that I only armor lock, and that I'm a troll. I recommend that you recollect your thoughts on the situation. So when you hop online, ask yourself, "How can I avoid getting stuck in situations like this." or, "How can I use armor lock to my advantage?"

To Blueprotoss: If you want to fire back at me in a harsh way, you welcome to comment on my service record. My signature below this post is another link (that's two links for you to practice on. But be careful, the second one's a picture!). You're also welcome to talk with me over the internet if it will make you feel bad.

Fire away.

- - - - -

Now that that's over, CLICK HERE to read the amazing article that crazy W01f 816 posted (in the event that you couldn't find it amongst the fighting).

Edited by Yin

I wouldn't say it's glitching Armor Lock, more like exploiting the invincibility of Armor Lock, if that makes sense.
If you're referring to the Melee/AL/Melee thing, I still don't think it's a glitch or exploit, it's just using the armor ability in a more creative way. To me it's similar to using Sprint to run up to someone with sword so you can lunge at them faster.

I looked at protoss's service record... Regarding his file share pic about CoD, I lol'd first off that he is apparently just another whiny CoD fan. Secondly, isn't Spartan spelled with an "a", even in the Halo universe? Seems even in his file descriptions he can't spell?

Now regarding the topic at hand I agree with above posters that AL should be taken out of multi team. I haven't even played multi team myself, but judging from the trouble I've had dealing with it in team slayer I can only imagine how not-fun it would make multi team. The article about changing how you think about gaming is right on the money though. I'm not the best player out there and I Damn well know it but I do see myself improve when I learn a new strategy from a better player. I think the next time I get owned by AL I'm going to use Halo's fantasticle theater mode to watch it from all angles and learn both how to use and how to counter it.

Bottom line though is that NO ability or weapon is broken really. Usually when you get owned in Team games (arguably where the most people have issues with AL use) it's because your team isn't working together. If you go into team slayer or invasion with a group of buddies, calling out enemy spawns and working together, more often than not you will win soundly or have a very close game. Going into team games with randoms and lone wolfing it only works when the other team does the same thing. A cohesive team can counter AL, for example, simply by having one guy watch the AL guy while the other teammates guard against newly arriving foes. This strategy, though, is what leads me to the opinion that AL should be removed from multi team. Too many situations where the AL guy could wait for you to get attacked then steal both kills. (I did play multi team in Halo 3 so I can imagine the scenarios.)

Just my two Lincolns :-)

Edited by lifeexpectancy

• 2 weeks later...
Oh lord.

You tell me to go somewhere else to flame/troll yet you insist on sticking to your bullshit even when EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD has proven you wrong. If you have something wrong with your brain, you should be in a hospital, not on x360a.

Also, there ARE Wraiths on Hemorrhage, let me list some examples.

Wraiths spawn during Invasion Slayer for a start, they also spawn during BTB.

Here is a thread on bnet that confirms:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49597879&postRepeater1-p=1#49597893

Here is a thread on GameSpot that confirms:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/haloreach/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-56641113&pid=960512

Both of those from a quick 10 second Google search. So not only have you been proven wrong by everyone on this forum, but by everyone on Bungie.net and everyone on GameSpot.

And I'm not confusing Revenants with Wraiths. I'm not an idiot, unlike you. You even said there were Spectres in Reach, the last we saw of them was in Halo 2.

And learn to fucking spell too, you moron.

Its sad that you can't read the comments on this board correctly. We are talking about BTB not Invasion. Wraiths only appear on Hemmorhage in Invasion and Invasion Slayer.

Nobody has proven me Wrong while a Google search isn't necessary becasue you need to play the game to know this information.

Yes, you are confusing Revenants with Wraiths because Revenants are on Hemmorhage and act as mini Wraiths. Spectres have been in Halo 3, ODST, and Reach while they aren't driveable vehicles because Bungie didn't want to add them.

If you want to critize about people mis spelling words then go onto a Grammar based Forum site. Btw you insulting me for no reason just proves that you're just here to Flame and Troll, which means you should leave this Forum in general.

Edited by Blueprotoss

Yay, we drove the troll out and away from under the bridge. And regarding the armor lock glitch, from what I understand, you can use it and avoid dying just by tapping the armor ability button? I've definitely killed and been killed before while going into that stance, but not fully into it yet. Unless I'm not understanding the full extent of this glitch?
I'm no Troll while I left because I do have a Life, which most of you people don't have because your Life is the Internet since you're Trolls and Flamers. Thats one reason why Armor Lock should be fixed because people now are using a glitch by using it.

I looked at protoss's service record... Regarding his file share pic about CoD, I lol'd first off that he is apparently just another whiny CoD fan. Secondly, isn't Spartan spelled with an "a", even in the Halo universe? Seems even in his file descriptions he can't spell?
I do play CoD and Halo while the only monaing Fanboy is you because Halo takes less Skill to play compared to Halo. If you can't agree that you're just a sad Halo Fanboy especially when you're trying to Insult me for no reason. Btw if you really did look at my my Halo Fileshares then you would know that I didn't use "Spartan". You should just go onto a Grammar based Forum site because you want to critize about people mis spelling words. Just go somewhere else to Flame and Troll. Edited by Blueprotoss

Its sad that you can't read the comments on this board correctly. We are talking about BTB not Invasion. Wraiths only appear on Hemmorhage in Invasion and Invasion Slayer.

Nobody has proven me Wrong while a Google search isn't necessary becasue you need to play the game to know this information.

Lol, really? You're the one who obviously can't read read properly.

Wraiths spawn during Invasion Slayer for a start, [u][size=3][b]they also spawn during BTB[/b][/size][/u].

Maybe you missed that; or maybe you just ignored it. I'm leaning towards the latter, lol.

Besides, the Bungie update trumps your claims.

General Housekeeping

• Sudden Death will be added to all Assault game variants, including Invasion
  • Team Objective will now feature the map Powerhouse
  • Replacing Drop Shield with Evade for King of the Hill, Territories, and Oddball
  • Replacing Hologram with Evade in Oddball, Capture the Flag, Assault, and Stockpile
  • Replacing the Scorpion on Hemorrhage with Wraiths

Or wait, let me guess; that's the article author's OPINION, right? You know, the opinion that represents the entirety of Bungie? Yes, that must be it.

But if that's not enough, let me provide you this little gem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7nNmfGzYCw&feature=related]YouTube - Halo: Reach - Big Team Slayer on Hemorrhage[/ame]

The screen at the beginning is proof enough that this is Xbox Live Matchmaking in a match titled "Big Team Slayer on Hemorrhage", and wouldn't you know, a Wraith appears at 0:49!

If you want even further proof that it's in an online Matchmade game, the guy promotes his Mobile Asset commendation mid-game at 0:56.

pro-tip: Mobile Asset commendations can only be attained in Multiplayer Matchmaking.

edit:

Spectres have been in Halo 3, ODST, and Reach while they aren't driveable vehicles because Bungie didn't want to add them.

Do you ever research the nonsense you let from your mouth? The Spectre is only available in Halo 2.

The Spectre is a Covenant ground assault/transportation vehicle. It is only available in Halo 2.

You claim they're in ODST and Reach, so please go find us a screenshot to prove it-- we'll be waiting. (Probably forever, knowing you.)

Edited by Kraderic

Sad I got in on this thread late, I get to have fun with these a lot on bungie.net

So, what you're telling me is that because you're too stupid to back up when I go into armor lock, so I come out and punch you cause you were trying to assassinate me, you think it's broken and/or glitched?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. By your logic, I think people with an energy sword or shotgun shouldn't be able to sprint, because then they can close the distance faster than I can kill them, and I die.

Completely unfair!!!!

On a more realistic note, learn not to try and punch me when I armor lock. My favorite thing to do in multiteam: Armor lock when a team comes up to me and I'm alone. Come out and punch one, armor lock, come out and punch the other.

Then I laugh at them both and cheer at my double kill. Honestly, when I see somebody armor lock you know what I do? Back up, reload, and wait until I hear the noise that signals they're running out of juice - then throw a grenade and walk away.

I rarely come up against people who are as skilled with AL as I am, but when I get out-armor locked, I don't get upset. I am genuinely impressed, and am much more careful when I come across that same player later in the match.

Sorry double post.

You apologise for a double post with a triple post... I feel I can only give you something as appropriate.

http://thelifestream.net/forums/images/smilies/TripleFacePalm.jpg

As for your bullshit that you wrote in response to my post, I can only conclude that you have special mental needs that require treatment. An adequate treatment would be to disconnect from the Internet, destroy any/all devices in your home/residence that are able to connect to the Internet, and seek professional medical assistance.

EDIT: It's a miracle you're still here actually, any normal troll would have already vanished. You must be a special breed. We can continue dissecting your arguments and proving you wrong as long as you wish. That way, we can concentrate all our flame on you, rather than other members of this site, who may have opinions that we disagree with.

Edited by DaChiefOfOwnage

armor lock is not broken if you dont want the locked guys shields to recharge pepper him with a few rounds until he exits cuz that will keep shields from recharging in armor lock and for your complaining about spinning around and crap the only reason that would give u trouble is if u were getting beat down so simply dont be up peoples asses when you play and if ur against a gay armor locking team just have your team stay far away cuz they are playing for cqc

armor lock is not broken if you dont want the locked guys shields to recharge pepper him with a few rounds until he exits cuz that will keep shields from recharging in armor lock and for your complaining about spinning around and crap the only reason that would give u trouble is if u were getting beat down so simply dont be up peoples asses when you play and if ur against a gay armor locking team just have your team stay far away cuz they are playing for cqc

Now this guy is a wise man, despite his post count.

Don't fix something that isn't broken, imo.

agreed, there is nothing wrong with armor lock its totally fine.. its not hard to kill someone with armor lock.. just like rng cougar said stay far away from them and wait for them to come out.. stop sitting behind them and waiting... its common sense.

Edited by TuM Predator