Tina is the Last Bl2 DLC :(

Sophia Hyakato

I don't know if anyone remembers but awhile ago, rumors popped up of a season pass 2 for Bl2 (via Randy promising it through his twitter and the GBX forums). I guess that's not going to be the case, seeing as the latest Tina demos (Rev3 Games for example) and some articles online (including a recent interview here with GBX VP- http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15076-Borderlands-2-Tiny-Tina-s-Assault-on-Dragon-Keep-Interview-%E2%80%93-Discussing-Pandora-s-Swansong-With-Steve-Gibson.html) are quoting that this will be the final DLC of the game.

I was just wondering how everyone felt about that. Personally, I am pretty sad about it because I was hoping that 1) We were going to hit max gamerscore with this game and 2) I kinda was hoping for it since Randy said that we would be getting one. Either way, I will be continuing to play this game for many years to come (my friends are obsessed with this game and it's the only thing they play).

Edited by Sophia Hyakato

If you read that conversation that he had on his twitter, he says that it's not the final DLC, and that the other people mentioning it probably mean in terms of the final DLC for the current season (pass) and not altogether. And they may be confused about it as well, since a lot of games maybe end after this many DLCs, including BL1.

I won't mind if it is the last. The game has been supported and updated for almost 9 months. Not to say they should just quit because the season pass DLC is coming to an end, but they have made more than enough money from the game and its add-ons.

I reckon, if they were thinking of a third game, they should release a free add-on which teases a third game. Leave fans happy with free DLC and teasing another game.

I was just wondering how everyone felt about that.

The first 10 hours I played this game, I was thrilled. The next 10 hours were nice-ish. After that, my interest has continuously waned to the point were I care only about the achievements anymore. It would be nice to have a cool DLC to wrap things up, though.

I'm not surprised it's the last add-on. It's too late in the console generation to start another season pass for Borderlands 2. I'm sure Gearbox wants to get on to their next game for the new consoles at this point. Although with their DLC track record for this game, I am a little surprised they didn't just outsource another pack of garbage like they did with the first three add-ons to make millions of dollars in the meantime. Either way, I wouldn't have had any interest in a second wave of content. Borderlands 2 is the last Gearbox product I'll ever buy. I don't like the way this game was handled post-release and I don't like the other blunders Gearbox has been responsible for, most recently Aliens: Colonial Marines. That is not a company I want to support anymore. But above all the politics I don't care for, Borderlands 2 was just never quite as fun as the original game despite its many improvements, which is strange to say the least. I have no interest in revisiting Pandora a third time. If for some reason I do decide to play Borderlands "3" down the road, it won't be until there is a clearance-priced game of the year edition that I pick up used.

The only reason I've held onto Borderlands 2 this long is because I was foolish enough to buy the season pass in the first place. Beneath dust for nearly six months now, it waits for June 25th. The instant the last achievement unlocks I'll be driving the game out to a quiet place in the country to put it out of it's misery once and for all.

Alright, that was a bit dramatic. I'm not really going to drive out somewhere and shoot the game disc, I don't even own a gun. But I actually do plan on using it as a drink coaster when I'm done.

Edited by WalterWhite

I remember hearing word of an expansion sized DLC, a trip to the moonbase could still be on the way, a 2nd season pass is unlikely, but just an expansion could still be possible. Fans have been asking about the moonbase since pre-release, I feel like that would be a good way to win back some fans. Of course NO OUTSOURCING! Any more of that and the nail would go to deep to pull out. It's quite obvious we want GBX, and we don't want the Borderlands name tarnished further.

I'm too divided on this to take a stand one way or another.

BL2 has been such an epic adventure but slowly bastardized through the grossly inadequate DLC. As a season pass holder I'll hold onto it until Tiny Tina and I can kick it, after that, it'll have a home waiting for it on eBay.

I'm too divided on this to take a stand one way or another.

BL2 has been such an epic adventure but slowly bastardized through the grossly inadequate DLC. As a season pass holder I'll hold onto it until Tiny Tina and I can kick it, after that, it'll have a home waiting for it on eBay.

Things like this bug me, reason being. You buy a game, then all DLC so you play it then boom, put it I eBay. Am I the only one who replays games later down the line?

I know some(most) of you buy just about every game that comes out. Then complain you have no time to play any. Odd to me how you invest so much only to toss it away.

Bethesda announced no more DLC for skyrim, did I trade it in and get something different? No, no I did not. I feel like I'm one of the few that actually keeps games for the sake of playing down the line. I still have the original mass effect.

Things like this bug me, reason being. You buy a game, then all DLC so you play it then boom, put it I eBay. Am I the only one who replays games later down the line?

I know some(most) of you buy just about every game that comes out. Then complain you have no time to play any. Odd to me how you invest so much only to toss it away.

Bethesda announced no more DLC for skyrim, did I trade it in and get something different? No, no I did not. I feel like I'm one of the few that actually keeps games for the sake of playing down the line. I still have the original mass effect.

Because Mass Effect is one of the best games ever made. Playing it repeatedly offers different experiences. Once you've spent a couple hundred hours in Skyrim and you realize your choices don't have an effect on anything more significant than whichever NPC you don't side with dying, the curtain rolls back and you realize there was nothing behind it. No matter what you do the world around you stays the same. There's a ton to see and do, but choices have no weight. Borderlands is even less interesting. The story isn't even as good as the one in Twilight and then you realize you're grinding an MMO-lite with none of the long term rewards and twice the stipulations and weak long-term post-game support. You grind for guns to fight the same dozen bosses to grind for guns to fight the same dozen bosses.

Edited by WalterWhite

See Walter here always makes his case, I very much enjoy Walters point of view. I agree with 99.9999993% of what Walter said. Skyrim is as much to me an amazing game as mass effect. Borderlands is a grindfest at times, but love the co-op experience.

Regardless, to each his own. It just seems that after all the DLC some people just want to junk a game.

See Walter here always makes his case, I very much enjoy Walters point of view. I agree with 99.9999993% of what Walter said. Skyrim is as much to me an amazing game as mass effect. Borderlands is a grindfest at times, but love the co-op experience.

Regardless, to each his own. It just seems that after all the DLC some people just want to junk a game.

Thanks for the kind response. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast with my 200 hours in Tamriel but when it was over, I knew I'd never do it again. Obviously, that's my own crappy attention span, and I wish it wasn't the case but it is for me. I did hold onto the game however because I thought it was good enough to keep on my shelf.