Is surprise glitched???

Chaos MAN

i think the purpose is to do anything they can to keep people playing. they already lost so many players if they made the achievements obtainable in 1 day they would have no one left but maybe 3,000 world wide

as i said expoilt, being private to get the vs achievement before haven/call to arms.

so, slap on public/ranked on achievements, so the expoilt won't happen again on private. i did private for the vs maps before haven/call to arms, and got all vs maps achievement. at the time 49/50. now 49/60.

i got the season pass that a friend got for me plus 1600 points for double xp.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get this achievement by lagging up your connection, doing that puts you on a local server not an epic game server. Will unlock 100% of the time if you do this.

ive been trying this for awhile now the only problem is that if the server is local then the host will never migrate to force a autobalance of the teams, otherwise your stuck verse bots.

i think the way to get this to work is to lag your connection while you search for matches but when it says 0 of 15 you stop it, that way it will migrate or unless im missing something and theres another trick to getting people on the opposite team?

Edited by freelance1986

ive been trying this for awhile now the only problem is that if the server is local then the host will never migrate to force a autobalance of the teams, otherwise your stuck verse bots.

i think the way to get this to work is to lag your connection while you search for matches but when it says 0 of 15 you stop it, that way it will migrate or unless im missing something and theres another trick to getting people on the opposite team?

He never mentioned doing it with friends. I'm assuming he did it by himself in a lobby full of bots.

He never mentioned doing it with friends. I'm assuming he did it by himself in a lobby full of bots.

you cant get the double ribbon verse bots, must be a human player. i got lucky before and did get a double kill while emerging verse bots but it didnt unlock.

im determined to get this stupid achievement so if i find a viable way i will post it.

you cant get the double ribbon verse bots, must be a human player. i got lucky before and did get a double kill while emerging verse bots but it didnt unlock.

im determined to get this stupid achievement so if i find a viable way i will post it.

I took it as that was the point of the exploit, to be able to do it against bots. I don't know, hopefully someone will clear it up.

You can get this achievement by lagging up your connection, doing that puts you on a local server not an epic game server. Will unlock 100% of the time if you do this.

Just a thought but maybe its just glitched for ranked match, has anyone tried boosting it in public without lagging connection?

I took it as that was the point of the exploit, to be able to do it against bots. I don't know, hopefully someone will clear it up.

yeah it just seems like a case of a server side glitch, its not the first game to have something like this. i can get 2 types of local matches, 1 which does migrate host and the other which wont, so far the issue for me is getting anybody on the opposite team.

Tried repeatedly getting this last night in both public and ranked whilst boosting. Had all five cog in a circle, and tried all sorts of ways to get the achievement but no luck - tried with two corpsers, tried with them firing a booshka at their feet first to injure themselves but nothing - just emerging without meleeing would never kill them outright at full health.

Repeatedly got doubles, triples and quads but no achievement. Tried in private too (I know it says public/ranked, but then so does the '50 doubles with the Booshka cheevo and that can be done in private) but no joy.

This achievement can be done on any map. I did it with other players. When your boosting it try to kill 2 paduks ( I think that's how you spell it ) because he has the least amount of health. Btw my friend was lagging the game not me so I'm not sure how to do it.

So your friend just invites you once hes in a match?

Anyone know if you get put in an all bot match is that definitely a local server?

So your friend just invites you once hes in a match?

Anyone know if you get put in an all bot match is that definitely a local server?

I don't think it makes any difference... In Japan I get bot games 90-95% of the time and the game starts from the beginning. I've had friends "join in progress" and they are on other team but still doesn't work.

Interesting information I found here..

"This is NOT a solution and I will promptly delete this thread the minute I see that someone else posts a real solution to this achievement.

I have been getting quite a bit of PM's on both TA and on Xbox Live... I thought by writing this it may be beneficial for some to figure out what really happened and why we were able to get this achievement.... as I really have no clue.

Here is what happened: Early yesterday morning I was reading up on EPIC's forums that the BOOSHKA! achievement was able to be completed in Private matches. 5 of us that were online at the time joined a chat channel and 4 of us plugged in dual controllers while the host used a single controller. There were 9 humans and 1 bot in the match this way. It was working!! ... the double ribbons started appearing and a countdown ribbon on the bottom of the screen was appearing as well that was listing our progress.

Once all 5 had the BOOSHKA! achievement we tried working on the Corpser one, since it also involved a Double ribbon as well

It wasn't working at all... we spent hours playing around with different methods of trying to get it on both Private, then Quick Match and finally we tried 1 Ranked match. When one person got the Corpser, we stood in a corner for him as 2 Bairds. then 2 Coles (firing the booshka into the corner to damage us beforehand), then 2 Sofia's and finally 2 Paduk's... then a combination of different characters... then on the Terminal map specifically...

...you get the picture... still nothing!

After a few hours we remained in the chat party, but a few of us went to eat dinner at different times, some continued to try, I was playing around trying to Onyx the Fort Destroyer medal... then.... one of us in the channel said "I JUST GOT IT! ... Join my match right now... it has 2 bots in it!

2 of us joined the match in progress (VIP --> Quick Match --> OverRun on Skyline) and we stayed for the next match (Island). it was then that the next match began and when other people left at the start of that match that the rest of us could join in. The achievement popped for me on the 2nd E-Hole when I was able to get the Corpser... I hit LB to burrow and 2 Paduk's who I believe were both human players stood together on an open grassy part next to Paduk's outlook on the left side of the map (by the car you can hide in the back of). When I was underneath them I hit LB again to emerge and I saw the double ribbon appear and then the sound of the achievement popping and the on screen achievement unlocked notification appeared.

... and that's it."

Source: http://www.trueachievements.com/a176120/surprise-achievement.htm?showguides=1

Achievement doesn't even mention getting a double ribbon....

and to the post above mine... you must be fun at parties....

Edited by Michmaster

Achievement doesn't even mention getting a double ribbon....

and to the post above mine... you must be fun at parties....

While you are technically correct in saying it doesn't mention getting a Double ribbon specifically like it does in the description for "BOOSHKA!", it says "Get a Double while emerging as a Corpser (Public/Ranked)". One could only surmise that this means 'The Double' ribbon, which is 'Killed 2 opponents quickly in a row'.

There is nothing else in the game besides this ribbon that indicates getting a double of anything except kills, so it must mean the ribbon.

And the post above yours was just a reposting of a solution for this achievement on TA, hence the link at the bottom of the post. What's wrong with reposting information that's relevant to the topic at hand and might be helpful?

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

"This is NOT a solution and I will promptly delete this thread the minute I see that someone else posts a real solution to this achievement.

I have been getting quite a bit of PM's on both TA and on Xbox Live... I thought by writing this it may be beneficial for some to figure out what really happened and why we were able to get this achievement.... as I really have no clue.

Here is what happened: Early yesterday morning I was reading up on EPIC's forums that the BOOSHKA! achievement was able to be completed in Private matches. 5 of us that were online at the time joined a chat channel and 4 of us plugged in dual controllers while the host used a single controller. There were 9 humans and 1 bot in the match this way. It was working!! ... the double ribbons started appearing and a countdown ribbon on the bottom of the screen was appearing as well that was listing our progress.

Once all 5 had the BOOSHKA! achievement we tried working on the Corpser one, since it also involved a Double ribbon as well

It wasn't working at all... we spent hours playing around with different methods of trying to get it on both Private, then Quick Match and finally we tried 1 Ranked match. When one person got the Corpser, we stood in a corner for him as 2 Bairds. then 2 Coles (firing the booshka into the corner to damage us beforehand), then 2 Sofia's and finally 2 Paduk's... then a combination of different characters... then on the Terminal map specifically...

After a few hours we remained in the chat party, but a few of us went to eat dinner at different times, some continued to try, I was playing around trying to Onyx the Fort Destroyer medal... then.... one of us in the channel said "I JUST GOT IT! ... Join my match right now... it has 2 bots in it!

2 of us joined the match in progress (VIP --> Quick Match --> OverRun on Skyline) and we stayed for the next match (Island). it was then that the next match began and when other people left at the start of that match that the rest of us could join in. The achievement popped for me on the 2nd E-Hole when I was able to get the Corpser... I hit LB to burrow and 2 Paduk's who I believe were both human players stood together on an open grassy part next to Paduk's outlook on the left side of the map (by the car you can hide in the back of). When I was underneath them I hit LB again to emerge and I saw the double ribbon appear and then the sound of the achievement popping and the on screen achievement unlocked notification appeared.

... and that's it."

Source: http://www.trueachievements.com/a176120/surprise-achievement.htm?showguides=1

While you are technically correct in saying it doesn't mention getting a Double ribbon specifically like it does in the description for "BOOSHKA!", it says "Get a Double while emerging as a Corpser (Public/Ranked)". One could only surmise that this means 'The Double' ribbon, which is 'Killed 2 opponents quickly in a row'.

There is nothing else in the game besides this ribbon that indicates getting a double of anything except kills, so it must mean the ribbon.

And the post above yours was just a reposting of a solution for this achievement on TA, hence the link at the bottom of the post. What's wrong with reposting information that's relevant to the topic at hand and might be helpful?

Not saying that it's not useful, just a long story that could be resumed lol, did we really wanted to know that the other guys went to have dinner? xD

Back to topic, you are right that it would make sense that it refers to the Double ribbon but what if it could also refer as just killing both people at the same time, people haven't confirmed 100% if they killed bots or they killed humans when they unlocked it so who knows.... As for Epic, they seem to don't care, they don't even visit their own forums to review this kind of problems.

Has anyone tried doing this via system link? I got it in one of those forced local server matches by joining in a lucky match. But if it's a server side glitch then perhaps system link is the answer.

It reminds me of those Left 4 Dead achievements that you had to force a local server...

I just tried it. It doesn't work.

... and that's it."

this worked for 6 of us last night ski should be working

another method to the somewhat same solution is to have a proper local host, people are loosely using the term as they think its local but its not, if people can matchmake into the game, somehow get onto the opposite team or if host can be migrated then its a player hosted match.

a local hosted match however (the way me and some friends did it today), is only joinable via a invite and there is no possible way to get people on to the opposite team.

what i did was totally lag the hell out of my connection to the point where the game gave up after 5 minutes of searching and just said "connecting match", not "0 of ?" or "0 of 15/20" or "attempting to join".

- searched vip overrun playlist

- got the achievement vs bots (harder to do since bots arnt predictable)

- somebody popped the achievement on every single map except terminal