Best Spells?

Valery1986

Hi everyone, I'm just getting started with the game and I'm liking it, however I found out that (imho) spells are way stronger than melee, especially on bosses, so I'm wondering, for those who played a lot of it... what spells are the best in terms of damage?

I just unlocked lvl 3 spells (for Dark, and I dont think a power buff is really good, I might replace it later, even with a single target lvl 1 spell maybe) and I'd like to get the best lvl 4 spell for free...

For Void, Seekers crashes the game but I can take an ascended invaders health down to half with it upgraded. Ice Blast is a disruption move and will freeze NPC and knock down Caos.

For Light, Chain Lightning is great as it murders large mobs in one blast. Lightning Blast will disrupt moves and stun enemies for a second.

As for Dark, I loved Fury. Its a great boost that doubles your damage and increases attack speed.

Ok thanks for your help, so far I have Seekers Maxed and Fury that I'm keeping. I'm about to get Chain Lightning (just ascended to light to kill the boss for it) and I saved up 60k souls to also get Meteors once I go back to dark (I'm pretty sure an aoe could be good).

That leaves me with the last spell to choose. Actually I have Fire with a couple upgrades and Ice Blast, both are ok, but I might replace them if either the armor buff from light is good (30k is a lot so info would be great) or if Spikes are stronger than Ice/Fire.

I kept upgrading Chain Lightning and Seekers and they definitely work well for my grinding. I'm on ascension #7 now and Chain Lightning rips apart all large mobs. Seekers can be blocked but if you lay in a heavy attack first, it throws enemies off guard long enough to get 1 or 2 Seeker casts in on them. Seekers fully upgraded is relatively inexpensive as far as spell upgrade costs go. Ascended players, even very strong ones, are simple as ever with these two spells: first get up close and cast Chain Lightning, then while they're defense is down, cast all your Seekers into them and follow it up with a few heavy attacks. I also purchased Crystal Shards and upgraded it a bit but I didn't find it to be as destructive as the other two. It is good for throwing large enemies off guard for a short bit though.

• 2 weeks later...

Much of what is in the Dark Arsenal isn't that great. I do enjoy the fireballs though and the Meteors as both really destroy NPC champions. Maxed out, the Fireballs stack to 4, do 440 Damage at level 30 with a bleed of 47 for 3 hits, and recharges a cast every 8-10 seconds. It's not bad, but not spectacular. Mostly, you want to use it against the shield enemies or the mages. Anything else, and you're just wasting your time.

As for the Meteor Strike thing, the AI tends to be far too stupid to get out of it, so long as you're in striking distance or trying to swing at them. I don't know how powerful it is at maxed out, as the first upgrade is 12,000 souls and I really don't want to invest that kind of cash into a spell when my weapon does 600 damage a hit and 900-1100 a heavy attack.

Ultimately, spells don't really turn all that useful against other champions, and you really only want ones that demolish the AI enemies fairly fast. AI champions are easiest killed with weapon speed boosts and mashing the Y Button, while killing anything else is best handled with either regular attacks or high damage/many hit spells that the AI doesn't block.