To confirm for everyone, NYM Hardcore:

Mr Magic

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is to confirm for everyone that you have to complete the entire game without dying. It is not just each level.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NIEDFAIRCg4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck me, can't be. PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :mad:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck me, can't be. PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :mad:

Agreed. But still finally proof on this achievement.

Could you actually test as well if quitting out after finishing a chapter resets you back to chapter 1.

I would try it myself but I haven't unlocked NYM HC yet.

Maybe i'll test it later but im pretty sure it would start you back at Chapter 1. The main difference I can see is that there is no menu at all for NYM Hardcore. In the regular NYM there is a menu for selecting chapter, outfit, and aim settings. In hardcore you press start and instantly load into chapter 1, after that you load right into chapter 2 there is no menu down time.

Thanks for the confirmation. Now I can officially say Fuck the 1000 on this game. I was already planning on not going for it since I have no desire to play through the game 5 times. But this makes that decision even more set in stone.

In a way it feels great. Like a load off my mind. Now I can focus on just playing the game for fun and not stressing over the thought of doing this. It's actually a good thing to do this from time to time. (Just play for fun and not worry about completion.)

It's a lot better to have that mindset than to go for it and fail. That just feels terrible in my opinion. Like Dead Space 2. I have every achievement in that game except the one for beating Hard Core with only 3 saves. I nearly got it, but eventually gave up. I just don't think I should stress out so much over something that is supposed to be a way to relax and have fun.

Sorry for the random monologue. I was just rambling. :p Good luck to anyone that 1000's this game. I respect your considerable gaming skills. :)

oh well, this will probably be a 990G game for quite a while, may give NYM hardcore a go in the summer until i finish it or maybe R* will see how ridiculous this is and patch it.

I appreciate hard and challenging achievements (Trails evolution) but not bullshit achievements like this. Thankfully, i don't care about achievements so it's great for me either way!

I wouldn't mind this achievement so much if you got a checkpoint at the halfway point of the game. The biggest issue with an achievement like this is not only is skill a factor but so is being lucky enough to not have the game freeze or suffer a power outage randomly, or just plain encounter a glitch that makes you start over.

oh well, this will probably be a 990G game for quite a while, may give NYM hardcore a go in the summer until i finish it or maybe R* will see how ridiculous this is and patch it.

I appreciate hard and challenging achievements (Trails evolution) but not bullshit achievements like this. Thankfully, i don't care about achievements so it's great for me either way!

So its a bullshit achievement because it's hard to obtain, those are the achievements I like, something challenging that only a dedicated few will get. They are just computer generated numbers created by M$ and this so called gamerscore that so many gamers obsese over mean nothing in the real world. Are you going to put your gamerscore on your resume when you go looking for a job or use your gamerscore as a pick up line, HELL NO.

Some times I long for the days when there was no achievements and people played games for fun.

Edited by Masta Mylez

This has to be an error on Rockstars part. Why would they only make this achievement 10G? It makes no sense.

I swear that's exactly what I'm thinking. It should rather look like this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/-4mxPg==.jpg A New York Minute - 10 :gsicon:

Finish In A New York Minute

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/-Ddc-w==.jpg The Shadows Rushed Me - 100 :gsicon:

Unlock And Complete New York Minute Hardcore

So its a bullshit achievement because it's hard to obtain, those are the achievements I like, something challenging that only a dedicated few will get. They are just computer generated numbers.

So times I long for the days when there was no achievements and people played games for fun.

It's not that it's hard to obtain, it's just bullshit. Not only you have to be skilled (we are talking timing and not dying also) but you have to be so lucky not to get glitched or the power cuts off on your home accidently or hiding for too long till the time finishes.etc especially with the A.I being aggressive and coming out in packs of 5's & 10's

Give me something challenging to obtain but for crying out loud make it a logical challenging achievement. Hell, the Dead Space 2 hardcore one is a logical achievement, it gave you the option to save only 3 times but if you die you return to the last time you saved, this i can understand and appreciate.

But yeah, i enjoy the game for what it is and not for it's achievements so it's fine by me that they did this bullshit non-logical achievement. However, what i meant is that i appreciate a challenging but logical and fair achievement (Ninja Gaiden 2 cheevos come to mind)

It's not that it's hard to obtain, it's just bullshit. Not only you have to be skilled (we are talking timing and not dying also) but you have to be so lucky not to get glitched or the power cuts off on your home accidently or hiding for too long till the time finishes.etc especially with the A.I being aggressive and coming out in packs of 5's & 10's

Give me something challenging to obtain but for crying out loud make it a logical challenging achievement. Hell, the Dead Space 2 hardcore one is a logical achievement, it gave you the option to save only 3 times but if you die you return to the last time you saved, this i can understand and appreciate.)

This is exactly the way I feel. Just last night when I was playing normal NYM mode my game got stuck on the loading screen in chapter 12. Now had that been NYM HC that would of been hours wasted due to a fault of the game, not me. I stopped striving for completions a while ago so its not a big deal for me to not ever get this, but all devs need to take things besides skill into consideration when making crazy achievements like this.

I think R* did this on purpose and made the achievement so small that we won't bitch to much about it because they know it's almost impossible. That and so the one's that can actually do it have the bragging right for it.

Yeah but it's a BITCH ENOUGH to get stuck at 990 :gsicon: because of such a stupid idea.

I can't sit at a game for that amount of time in one sitting so fuck it being hard, it's just plain stupid. Many other gamers can't play a game all in one go for that period either. Top it off with the numerous bullshit deaths or fails the game throws at you sometimes due to bugs or glitches and it's just not worth even entertaining. Still, I gave up ever trying to complete R* games years ago as the lists are too time consuming for my liking. Great games, often great achievements, but always a couple thrown in just to give the game artificial longevity.

I wouldn't mind this achievement so much if you got a checkpoint at the halfway point of the game. The biggest issue with an achievement like this is not only is skill a factor but so is being lucky enough to not have the game freeze or suffer a power outage randomly, or just plain encounter a glitch that makes you start over.

Exactly this. Its not because i couldnt do it. Ok it would be stupidly hard but the fact that something like that could happen. Max payne froze on me today already.