Achievement Issues

dotcomwiz

Blah....that's all I can say. Have you guys read through these new cheevos?

I see several that are repeat cheevos from the first game. Big brass balls? Really? They couldnt come up with any originals?

And whats up these mp cheevos? Level 40? Im assuming that will take a good while to grind out and thats assuming the mp will have a following 60 days after release. I think the new devs are trying to wring every drop of originality from the first game and make it stretch through a 2nd game.

Ill admit theres room for new content in rapture. I loved the 1st game and Rapture. But I honestly dont see this as a game that needs mp.

Lastly, most games that offer lots of gameplay options tend to be weak in all areas. I honestly hope for the best but fear the worst.

The achievements in this list really don't look that hard. I don't know why people are so annoyed about them. Sure leveling up in multiplayer is annoying but it's nothing going to be that bad i'm sure. I'm sure 2k have taken the time to make sure the multiplayer isn't going to be terrible.

If they didn't think they could pull it off they wouldn't have bothered. The list is a little boring seeing as it's the same as the previous title, but at least they have made it straight forward. It doesn't seem like the leveling achievements are ranked games which will be nice.

Okay, I have to point out a few quick things here:

/start mini-rant

First off, yes, the list has some repeat achievements from Bioshock, but have you played and enjoyed, CoD4, CoD:W@W, and CoD: MW2? The majority of the gamerscore in those games come from THE SAME DAMN ACHIEVEMENTS. 'Beat x level on Veteran', 'Beat the game', and 'Beat the game on Veteran or Hardened'. Sound familier? It should. Those achievements are in all three of those games....IN A ROW!

Plus, there is GoW's 'beat the game on casual-insane' achievements, and its collectible achievements that were in each game.

OH! And let us not forget Halo 3 and ODST's 'beat the game on normal/heroic/legendary' achievements as well as the achievements for beating each 'mission'! :o

OH TEH NOES! THE HORROR!

Secondly, have you looked at ANYTHING about Bio2's MP? Its being handled by a totally DIFFERENT developer! Don't believe me? Look back in the news archieves, its in a news post about Bio2's MP details. So...yes, that had to be emphasized, as there are too few people that realize it.

And by the way.....if i remember right, Gearbox is handling the MP. So....no, I'm NOT going to go back to find the news article because I read it. YOU find it and learn the truth, so you can stop "squeezing every last drop" of intelligence from your brain, and wasting it on something that you shouldn't be bitching about anyways.

/end mini-rant

And by the way.....if i remember right, Gearbox is handling the MP./end mini-rant

Gearbox might be helping a little...I don't know,...but what I DO KNOW is that BioShock 2's MP is being MOSTLY handled by Digital Extremes. In case you're wondering who that is...anybody here suffered through the horrendous task of boosting DARK SECTOR's MP? Yeah...they made Dark Sector...and that game had a laughable embarassment of MP.

I am so terrified that this game is about to get completely bent over and butt rammed by devs who think every G**DAMN game that releases has to have some stupid F'ing form of multuiplayer. The first BioShock was an absolute masterpiece...an instant classic...and the sequel has all the signs of a follow-up tanker.

"Santa...I have been good this year. So could you please fly to the lead designer of BioShock 2's house...Jordan Thomas...and drop a bag of bricks on his head while he's asleep? Thanks bro..."

Eh, i remember it being Gearbox, but its been a while. Oh well though, Dark Sector was a so-so game, campaign could have been handled better and I never touched the MP. I tried, but it was a dead community. Sad....

Anyways, thats what happens when a developer cant handle both SP and MP at the same time, most likely due to a lack of resources(workers fall under this catagory, as well as time and money). With the company being focus ENTIRELY on MP, it drasticly reduces the chances of the MP being terrible.

But my 2 cents is that the MP should be good, and I'm looking forward to it. Have been since I heard of it. Bioshock was an epic game, and I'm afraid this will fall short of my expectations since its being handled by a different company, and I acctually feel that the original Bioshock, had the creators had more resources, could have have and MP mode with it that would have been epic as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I see some good points with some above statements. Gearbox did a great job with Borderlands. I really enjoyed that game.

But, I still cant seem to think that Rapture needs an MP mode. Sure splicers and Big Daddies would be fun to play. But for how long? Long enough to grind through the leveling?

And lets touch on the "play as a Big Daddy in MP" for a sec. From what Ive read, the Big Daddy will be one player on the team, not a whole team of Big Daddies. So if becoming a Big Daddy is based on performance, then alot of players will not many chances of playing as one. Dont flame me if I remember incorrectly, but I thought there was an achievement for doing something in MP as a Big Daddy. I could be wrong and Im too lazy to look it up.

I just think Rapture wouldve been perfectly fine as a SP experience.

Lastly as an update, Ive cancelled my pre-order of Bioshock 2 due to MP. But Ill watch the reviews and posts about the game after release. This will probably be a purchase after it drops to $30.

I don't really like what I've seen of the list tbh.

It just looks like the first but with some MP achievements mixed in.

And the point about CoD's being the same in the sequels isn't relevant imo.

Bioshock's achievements were a good list and different to something like CoD, so naturally I was expecting something else that was original and fun.

Plus I liked the fact that it was all single player.

But I just hate MP on games tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
your damn right there is an issue there is 200+Gs in multi thats f%ckin bullshit

Amen Brother! What a load of crap. Screw Brass Balls Achievements too. That achievement takes all the fun out of playing it. Save after every splicer encounter, blah blah blah.

Imo the list is lacking originality, The list is a copy and paste from Bioshock. Bioshock is my favourite game on the 360 and i wanted to see something different in the achievement list.

The game didnt need MP thats what set it apart from everything else when Bioshock was released but now there being the sheep and following everybody else in thinking a game needs MP to achieve a good rating. The reason i think MP achievements are a bad idea is the shear amount of boosters where going to see in the first weeks/months of the game. I dont want to come online jump in a game only to see it being infested by boosters just stood there letting there friends kill them.

Needless to say i cant wait for this game and its going to be amazing im sure of it and what ive seen of the MP DE (Digital extremes) have done an amazing job with the MP and im sure 2k wont let us down with the SP experience.

Okay, I have to point out a few quick things here:

/start mini-rant

First off, yes, the list has some repeat achievements from Bioshock, but have you played and enjoyed, CoD4, CoD:W@W, and CoD: MW2? The majority of the gamerscore in those games come from THE SAME DAMN ACHIEVEMENTS. 'Beat x level on Veteran', 'Beat the game', and 'Beat the game on Veteran or Hardened'. Sound familier? It should. Those achievements are in all three of those games....IN A ROW!

Plus, there is GoW's 'beat the game on casual-insane' achievements, and its collectible achievements that were in each game.

OH! And let us not forget Halo 3 and ODST's 'beat the game on normal/heroic/legendary' achievements as well as the achievements for beating each 'mission'! :o

OH TEH NOES! THE HORROR!

Secondly, have you looked at ANYTHING about Bio2's MP? Its being handled by a totally DIFFERENT developer! Don't believe me? Look back in the news archieves, its in a news post about Bio2's MP details. So...yes, that had to be emphasized, as there are too few people that realize it.

And by the way.....if i remember right, Gearbox is handling the MP. So....no, I'm NOT going to go back to find the news article because I read it. YOU find it and learn the truth, so you can stop "squeezing every last drop" of intelligence from your brain, and wasting it on something that you shouldn't be bitching about anyways.

/end mini-rant

I agree with you here. And to be fair saying the game might not be as good because of the achievement list is bull, i buy a game because of its story not because of achievement list, so stop winning and be happy its coming out soon :)

Blah....that's all I can say. Have you guys read through these new cheevos?

I see several that are repeat cheevos from the first game. Big brass balls? Really? They couldnt come up with any originals?

And whats up these mp cheevos? Level 40? Im assuming that will take a good while to grind out and thats assuming the mp will have a following 60 days after release. I think the new devs are trying to wring every drop of originality from the first game and make it stretch through a 2nd game.

Ill admit theres room for new content in rapture. I loved the 1st game and Rapture. But I honestly dont see this as a game that needs mp.

Lastly, most games that offer lots of gameplay options tend to be weak in all areas. I honestly hope for the best but fear the worst.

I don't usually play games for just cheevos, so it doesn't bother me one bit to see some repeats. I guess it bothers you a little for some weird reason, do you play games just for the cheevos(God I hope not)?

That's fine if you don't feel that it needs MP don't play it if you have this big of a problem with it.. The MP and Campaign had two different studios working on them so it shouldn't take away from the game.

I hope for the best and I'm gonna stick with that.