Summoning other players

Seraph Xii

Does anybody else find the new system really quite broken? I can wait around for about 15 minutes and see nothing, then the world seems to "refresh" and about 3 appear. You have to be fast however, if you're not it's just "sign disappeared" or "somebody else has summoned this player" which happens to me a lot.

What are your thoughts?

Does anybody else find the new system really quite broken? I can wait around for about 15 minutes and see nothing, then the world seems to "refresh" and about 3 appear. You have to be fast however, if you're not it's just "sign disappeared" or "somebody else has summoned this player" which happens to me a lot.

What are your thoughts?

The new system is only in place for those on NG, after that it drops off.

I noticed it from launch :p

Always got annoyed by the same "This Login ID is already in Use." or whatever, but I also assumed that it was just a small problem that comes with "Dedicated Servers."

I'm sure it'll get fixed (or tampered with, at least) in the future.

I feel like I get summoned pretty quickly, but when i want to summon someone I hardly ever see signs.

I was going for Flame Weapon last night, but hadn't progressed my character in NG+ yet. So when I get to the Saltfort Bonfire at Sinner's Rise, it's completely empty- like a ghost town. Immediately after tossing an Ascetic into the same area, BOOM two Summon Signs.

Just like that. o_o I've always been aware that there's more constraints to summoning in the initial playthrough, but even I thought that was completely ridiculous.

Edited by Hagane

I've been lucky with Summoning as I'm never waiting around for more than five minutes before I load into someone's world. Compare that to DS1 where it took a friend and I three goddamn hours just to connect.

Although as you mentioned I do not like how the signs are set on timers and refresh after a while. Trying to summon invaders at the Iron Keep bridge and I constantly get failed messages as someone summoned them before me. Once the next batch of signs appear it's a mad dash to get to one first.

• 2 weeks later...

i didn't want to start a new thread for this question so i'll try asking here

if i am still in NG, can i get summoned into a NG+ game?

the reason i am asking is i am currently on my first playthrough and i just defeated the covetous demon i think it was called(big fat jabba the hut looking thing) and i am SL105 which is probably kind of high for where i am at in the game

i am trying to get some sunlight medals for the covenant and i have only been summoned three times in about 45 minutes of trying so i think i may be too high of a level for the people coming through here on NG

if i go back to the first boss of the game, the Last Giant, and put my summon stone down will i get summoned into someone's NG+ game since that is most likely where alot of people will be starting NG+?

i hope that makes sense

No.

10 characters.

thanks

i've actually been summoned twice in the past 10 minutes for the covetous demon fight so i guess i am not overleveled as much as i thought

i've got a ton of souls though and i'm afraid to level up anymore so i may just go on a spending spree back in majula...:p

thanks

i've actually been summoned twice in the past 10 minutes for the covetous demon fight so i guess i am not overleveled as much as i thought

i've got a ton of souls though and i'm afraid to level up anymore so i may just go on a spending spree back in majula...:p

I'm level 400 and get summoned almost constantly, don't be afraid to level up. I didn't want to be restricted to a certain build so I made sure I can do everything. :)

I'm level 400 and get summoned almost constantly, don't be afraid to level up. I didn't want to be restricted to a certain build so I made sure I can do everything. :)

damn

i'm still on NG though

where are you at with your level 400 character?

i just got summoned by the same guy twice in a row

i watched him get killed by the trap chest by the fogwall to the covetous demon...lol

i even stood in front of it and did the "No way" gesture to him but he didn't heed my advice

and i agree with wanting to be able to do everything

i am starting as faith/strength but eventually i want to have dex/fai/str/end/att/ all to at least 40ish and i'd like to get Int up to at least 20ish so i could try some of the hexes

Edited by wexsuvslim

damn

i'm still on NG though

where are you at with your level 400 character?

i just got summoned by the same guy twice in a row

i watched him get killed by the trap chest by the fogwall to the covetous demon...lol

i even stood in front of it and did the "No way" gesture to him but he didn't heed my advice

Threshold Bridge at the Iron Keep is where I get invaded/summoned the most. There is a lot of ganking going on in that area, it's pretty funny...

Being able to do everything makes PvP far more interesting.

I keep getting invites to fight clubs, might have to get into that!

Threshold Bridge at the Iron Keep is where I get invaded/summoned the most. There is a lot of ganking going on in that area, it's pretty funny...

Being able to do everything makes PvP far more interesting.

I keep getting invites to fight clubs, might have to get into that!

i thought the first rule of fight club was not to talk about fight club...:p

i'm not a fan of pvp but i love coop so helping others fight bosses is awesome(especially being a gold phantom)

i just want to be able to use all weaponary and shields as well as be able to use all miracles and hexes

i'm not too worried about sorcery/pyromancy because that's what i spent over 200 hours doing in DS1

on topic though, i meant which playthrough are you on with the SL400?

i thought the first rule of fight club was not to talk about fight club...:p

i'm not a fan of pvp but i love coop so helping others fight bosses is awesome(especially being a gold phantom)

i just want to be able to use all weaponary and shields as well as be able to use all miracles and hexes

i'm not too worried about sorcery/pyromancy because that's what i spent over 200 hours doing in DS1

on topic though, i meant which playthrough are you on with the SL400?

Oh shi...

I'm on my 3rd playthrough.

i've actually been summoned about 15 times now in the iron keep but i think i may be to the point where my soul memory is too high(1,409,597) since i'm still on playthrough number 1

i haven't been summoned in about an hour now...i've even tried allowing cross region play to no avail

i only need 7 more medals to get to rank 3...lol

i'm sure if i progress farther into the game i would have better luck being summoned but i just reached belfry sol and i wanted to join that covenant to start working on progress towards the spell at rank 2

my OCD won't let me leave the sunbros yet though until i get those last 7 medals, not to mention i want the rank 3 prize for my faith build:p

I came on to make a similar post, I'm at a complete standstill at the moment. I refuse to move on without an item (because I'm strange and stubborn), but I have been trying for days to get a summon for humanity (which takes about 20 minutes, sometimes doesn't ever happen) per time... And then waiting around to summon others is like trying to find a unicorn roaming around my village. So I end up trying it alone, and then I fail... So then I have to wait around for a summon again.

I love this game, but I'm bored at the moment and clearly not good enough to do it alone. I can't wait until I can move on.

I came on to make a similar post, I'm at a complete standstill at the moment. I refuse to move on without an item (because I'm strange and stubborn), but I have been trying for days to get a summon for humanity (which takes about 20 minutes, sometimes doesn't ever happen) per time... And then waiting around to summon others is like trying to find a unicorn roaming around my village. So I end up trying it alone, and then I fail... So then I have to wait around for a summon again.

I love this game, but I'm bored at the moment and clearly not good enough to do it alone. I can't wait until I can move on.

Maybe try a different area for being summoned?

you seem to play alot like i do

i didn't want to move on in the game until i got to rank 3 in sunbros because i wanted to join the bellkeepers in belfry soul but i was having trouble getting summoned for the smelter demon(the last boss before belfry sol)

i think my soul level was too high so what i did was i forced myself to move on and not too long after i defeated the next boss and i have been having better luck getting summoned there(i don't want to spoil anything by naming names)

i now only need 4 more medals and i can get my reward for rank 3 and then i can go back to belfry sol and work on that covenant

even though i don't like to leave things unfinished, sometimes you have to move forward in order to move back if that makes sense:)

the summoning in NG has alot to do with your soul memory from what i've read(i still don't fully understand it) so i think that is alot of the reason why summoning is tough on NG sometimes

i've read that once you move to NG+, the soul memory thing is less of an issue....i know that doesn't help gamers like us that can't leave things unfinished though:)

Edited by wexsuvslim

you seem to play alot like i do

i didn't want to move on in the game until i got to rank 3 in sunbros because i wanted to join the bellkeepers in belfry soul but i was having trouble getting summoned for the smelter demon(the last boss before belfry sol)

i think my soul level was too high so what i did was i forced myself to move on and not too long after i defeated the next boss and i have been having better luck getting summoned there(i don't want to spoil anything by naming names)

i now only need 4 more medals and i can get my reward for rank 3 and then i can go back to belfry sol and work on that covenant

even though i don't like to leave things unfinished, sometimes you have to move forward in order to move back if that makes sense:)

the summoning in NG has alot to do with your soul memory from what i've read(i still don't fully understand it) so i think that is alot of the reason why summoning is tough on NG sometimes

i've read that once you move to NG+, the soul memory thing is less of an issue....i know that doesn't help gamers like us that can't leave things unfinished though:)

I'm just worried that if I move on, I'm going to be even higher soul level and so have even less chance of finding somebody when I come back. If the area is already too low, then what chance will I have? I've used a bonfire thingy to boost difficulty and whenever I summon people they just seem to die straight away too, because they obviously are unaware it's had a difficulty increase. I've farmed the mobs before the boss dry so that when I summon someone nobody gets accidentally killed or anything. Still though, I need to actually find someone first.

I've been waiting here for 47 minutes now and still haven't found anybody to summon :(

I'm just worried that if I move on, I'm going to be even higher soul level and so have even less chance of finding somebody when I come back. If the area is already too low, then what chance will I have? I've used a bonfire thingy to boost difficulty and whenever I summon people they just seem to die straight away too, because they obviously are unaware it's had a difficulty increase. I've farmed the mobs before the boss dry so that when I summon someone nobody gets accidentally killed or anything. Still though, I need to actually find someone first.

I've been waiting here for 47 minutes now and still haven't found anybody to summon :(

my apologies

i misread the post the first time

i thought you were trying to get summoned to help other people and gain medals for a covenant

which boss are you having trouble with?

i don't know if this means anything but one thing i'll do if i can't summon/get summoned for a while is quit the game and reload

for whatever reason that works for me a majority of the time now

i don't know if it puts you on a different server or what but it might be worth a try for you

also, check your game options and allow cross-region play...it will open you up to more players

what level are you and what boss are you trying to summon someone for?

i'll help you out if i can

Edited by wexsuvslim