Pro Drums/ hi-hat question

The Nerevarine

I have a MIDI kit and am waiting on the MIDI adapter... but that's a month away so I'm dying to know from anyone with a ION kit or something similar:

1. How does the hi-hat pedal work? How does an open hi-hat note appear in the game?

2. On four pad mode the china-crash combo is yellow-green. This would be hi-hat-crash on a three cymbal setup... so is this what they have you play on Pro or do you play blue and green (ride-crash)?

3. Flams - are they still yellow and red or do they just have you hit the red?

4. Open hi-hats - in songs like "Feel Good Inc." and "Du Hast" it's a disaster, are they still mapped to blue notes or are they all yellow? (See question 1)

Thanks for answering my questions!

Colors have not changed, just where you hit them. Flams are red/yellow pad, open hi-hat is blue cymbal, any cymbal combos are the same color combo.

I have not seen the open hi-hat w/pedal yet, but playing songs with known open hi-hat and hi-hat pedal enabled I didn't see any difference in the chart, so it may be sensing that I don't really have a pedal hooked up.

No! Say it ain't so!

Are you telling me that when I get this pro adapter and hook it up I'm going to have to actually play the ride as an open hi-hat? On a full kit on some songs that's nearly impossible, and on others it's merely aneurysm inducing.

I have built my own MIDI to signal for RB1/2 from a hacked up drum kit, could never get the hi-hat pedal to register.... then I hacked up a GHWT kit and use that now because it's wireless and I was able to fit it in a much smaller, nicer box, but I can't get the pedal to register with that, either. In fact, I can't play with the pedal pressed, I either have to disconnect it or leave it depressed... perhaps I need a better drum brain or something.

I read on the RB.com forums a while back of people with a Yamaha set getting the open-hat to work for blue but I have a Roland... hopefully there will be some documentation with the adapter and I can get it working or else I'm done waiting for Rock Band to have realistic drums.

Edited by The Nerevarine

• 3 years later...