Noticed a few people playing this...

mortikia

This game is out now, sort of, I have just noticed a few people playing it - and I checked a few websites and noticed it was leaked a few hours ago (17days early). I doubt alot of stores are going to be selling this one as early as the store that sold the copy that got leaked.

So now if we see users on here within a day or 2 saying ohh i got the game early ect... I don't know what to think lol - like i said I doubt every store will be selling it this early.

lol

If you believe 99% of the people playing it now actually have a retail copy you're mistaken.

It's been leaked on all the usenet servers and p2p sites. 1000's of people will be playing it already.

Most people who say they have a retail copy early are lying. Despite what these folks want you to believe, retailers do not get the game weeks or even days in advance.

Most people who say they have a retail copy early are lying. Despite what these folks want you to believe, retailers do not get the game weeks or even days in advance.

Exactly. It's funny a bunch of threads pop up about a game a few hours or a day after the game pre's on usenet and private trackers and then they claim they bought it early from a mom and pop store. Coincidence? No, we all know they're playing pirated copies.

Edited by she haunts me

Exactly. It's funny a bunch of threads pop up about a game a few hours or a day after the game pre's on usenet and private trackers and then they claim they bought it early from a mom and pop store. Coincidence? No, we all know they're playing pirated copies.

The question is, can you prove it?

Or more pressingly, can Microsoft prove it? I know of quite a few people playing pirate games, and who have been doing so for years!! I also know of people that have been banned for playing pirate games. I'd do anything to get my hands on Forza3 early (even get one of my consoles banned lol!)

Game usually sends me all of my stuff a day early so I'm just gonna go ahead and expect my copy to arrive on the 22nd.

Can't wait!

I'm getting mine four days earlier thanks to special courier and an arrangment with a store, so I'm happy, just a shame then though 'cause none of my friends will have it...

The question is, can you prove it?

Or more pressingly, can Microsoft prove it? I know of quite a few people playing pirate games, and who have been doing so for years!! I also know of people that have been banned for playing pirate games. I'd do anything to get my hands on Forza3 early (even get one of my consoles banned lol!)

Why would I want to prove it? Microsoft can prove it if they are playing bad rips. Look at the mass that got banned from playing the French rip of ODST. It wasn't ripped properly and some of the data was padded and M$ could tell. Or last year when a scene group pre'd review copies of GoW3 and Saints Row 2. I too know many of my friends who have their console flashed. If you want Forza 3 so badly, go flash your box. M$ can't ban you for playing a game early. But they can ban you for playing a badly ripped game, early or not.

But I was just saying it's funny how all these threads start up with questions about a game AFTER it pre's online with ppl saying they got it from a store selling it early. But it's very rare, if ever, that the threads and masses start claiming they got it before it pre'd.

I'll leave it at that though. This site doesn't approve of piracy and neither do I.

Edited by she haunts me

I heard on a video somewhere that some of the more serious racing teams and forza communities have been given copies early. Not sure why to be honest, possibly to get some good stuff on the storefronts at release. (There's already things like a Ghostbusters Logo and The Red Bull Bull)

I think this sounds more likely for some players, also alot of reviewers have this already, not to mention Turn 10 has worked closely with a fair amount of livery masterminds, no doubt they have copies.

However, the pirated/downloaded games theory would make sense, I mean I wouldnt be surprised if with the reviewers/painters/serious racers etc, all these people given early copies, one of them (or a seedy looking friend of theirs) ripped it, Possibly.

There's only a few people playing legit, like the guys from VVV and Team Blackjack, some Forza devs and reviewers have all gotten their copies by now (which includes me). As far as knowing if a game is ripped, MS knows, don't know how, but they banned ODST players for playing early who got a ripped one. My works as a games editor comes with the benefit of playing some games early, I have played a lot of 360 games before release and never got banned. So one way or another, MS can sniff a ripped one.

Oh, and for anyone calling BS on me, I'll happily race you after the 23rd, cause my console won't get banned :drunk

There's only a few people playing legit, like the guys from VVV and Team Blackjack, some Forza devs and reviewers have all gotten their copies by now (which includes me). As far as knowing if a game is ripped, MS knows, don't know how, but they banned ODST players for playing early who got a ripped one. My works as a games editor comes with the benefit of playing some games early, I have played a lot of 360 games before release and never got banned. So one way or another, MS can sniff a ripped one.

Oh, and for anyone calling BS on me, I'll happily race you after the 23rd, cause my console won't get banned :drunk

I know quite a few people that were playing ODST a week before it came out and none of them are banned.

WOMP WOMP your wrong theirs the such thing called a street date and for big games retailer can get the game up to a whole month before actual release. I used to work at gamestop and this happend with like each halo and any other BIG name titles.

WOMP WOMP your wrong theirs the such thing called a street date and for big games retailer can get the game up to a whole month before actual release. I used to work at gamestop and this happend with like each halo and any other BIG name titles.

Bully for you. I also worked for Gamestop for 2 years, part of that time as an assistant manager, and games come in the day of release or the day before. Considering most games don't even go gold until a month before release it's difficult to have them in stores at that time. Big, highly hyped games may come in a day or two early so that they can be sure to avoid shipping delays, but this is rare. I've only seen 1 game come in early enough to have sit around for a bit before sold. Halo 3. Forza 3 is no Halo. Halo sells systems. Forza may sell a few, but it's not nearly the powerhouse that Halo is.

And before anybody else wants to chime in with their poorly written two cents about how wrong I am, I never said it didn't happen. I used the word "most" which is very different from "all". However, it does not happen on the scale that these pirating chowder heads want you to believe. Hundreds of people do not have access to every game weeks early. I no longer work at a game retailer anymore, so I don't know about Forza in particular, but given the slightly more niche appeal of a sim racer I find it highly unlikely that they would feel the need to put them in stores this early. So unless you can post a picture of the game in store with a picture of todays date, there is no reason to bother responding telling me I'm wrong. If you can prove it, than I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

Edited by TwistedFate

yeah .. if you see people playing Forza 3 now .. I saw someone who played it since last month .. like 22 September !! WTF!!

I originally posted the achieves (and screen shots) on Sept 9th (I think - check achievement discussion thread) so that guy had the game 45days before release!!!! He's still playing online by the way.... basically MS havent a clue and/or dont give a shit!! :)

I originally posted the achieves (and screen shots) on Sept 9th (I think - check achievement discussion thread) so that guy had the game 45days before release!!!! He's still playing online by the way.... basically MS havent a clue and/or dont give a shit!! :)

That's crazy! MS have been banning people left and right for people playing this early online. Some of the people banned have a retail copy (or at least they claim they do, some have posted screenshots of their discs.) They even banned a reviewer I guess. He must be lucky I guess. Or work for MS. I wouldn't play this online even if I had a retail copy until release since they've been making mistakes and banning innocents.