Beat the Host Nation Achievement

Lord of Fate

I just wanted to make a thread to attempt to further clarify what exactly needs to be done to attain the Beat the Host Nation achievement.

It seems like the actual achievement description doesn't accurately describe what must be done to attain this achievement. I have tried many times to attain this achievement and did not receive this achievement until about my 6th or 7th try. I had to mess around with the settings a bunch of times until it finally worked.

I mainly would like to know how many people out there have had problems with this achievement and how exactly you attained the achievement, under what settings.

This is what the official achievement description is and x360a's mini-guide for it:

"http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/42/fif-02-jufgd.jpgBeat the Host Nation

Beat the host nation Germany in a full match 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

You need to do this in the world cup final stage- so you may be able to do it when completing the World Cup. If not, once you have won the world cup, set up a friendly against Germany and make sure that its set to World Cup Final."

I am mainly creating this thread because I believe that maybe x360a can update the guide for this achievement to include specifically what you must do to attain this achievement, based on any testimonies you guys may have to post in this thread.

These seem to be the main factors on what you should pay attention to when you set up a match to attempt this achievement [The main thing that seems to be confusing is the words full match. Is that supposed to mean "full-length match", "full-difficulty-match", "full World Cup Final match" or a mixture of those.]:

1.) Whether or not you go to 2006 FIFA World Cup mode, play a quick match, or set up a quick match set to the FIFA World Cup final.

2.) Whether or not you set the game on 2-minute halves or full 45-minute halves.

3.) Whether or not the difficulty is at Amateur or just at the default difficulty.

For me, how I got the achievement was I had already won the World Cup Final against Germany in the normal 2006 FIFA World Cup mode. For some reason when I did that, the achievement did not unlock. I'm guessing it's because I had the halves set to 2-minutes. So how I actually got the achievement myself was I set up a quick match on the World Cup Final (which I just unlocked) setting Germany at home with full 45-minute quarters and Amateur difficulty. I got the achievement that way and I'm guessing all you have to do for certain, specifically, to attain the achievement is *Beat Germany in the World Cup Finals in a full-length match.* Obviously difficulty doesn't seem to have anything to do with it and I don't think Germany being at home has anything to do with it. It does say "Beat the Host Nation" but that doesn't mean the nation your beating has to be hosting, lol.

Mainly I just want to hear from anyone:

1.)If you're having problems with this achievement. (The achievement itself is obviously easy but the setting up the parameters correctly seems to be problematic.)

2.)How specifically you attained the achievement. (What parameters you set the match to.)

I mainly want to know this so that maybe x360a can update the guide to further detail the parameters you have to set up to actually attain this achievement.

Well what I did was set up a quick match on World Cup Final, amateur difficulty, full 45-minute-a-half game. I used Brazil @ Germany. That's what I did anyway. I'm pretty sure all that matters to get the achievement though is these 3 things:

1.) The stage is set to the World Cup Final (whether it be a quick match, or in 2006 FIFA World Cup Mode).

2.) Obviously, you are facing Germany. I know in a quick match you can make Germany away of course, but I'm guessing the achievement probably only unlocks if Germany is at home.

3.) I'm pretty sure the match length must be set to maximum (45-minute halves). That's the only thing that worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just unlock this achievement.

I choose a FINAL from the kick-off menu and play Germany at their home soil.

The TIME was default as I could not find the setting to change (it's not 90 minutes full match. It's like 5 minutes each half)

After the match locked at 2-2 at full time, the game went to extra time and the score still at 2 all so went to the penalty. I beat the Germany 6-5 on penalty and the Achievment was unlocked. :woop:

• 2 months later...

I realize the beginning of this thread is old, but there has been recent conversation and people still are looking for these achievements. The guide is completely incorrect in regards to the World Cup Final "requirement." You have to beat Germany in Germany, period. Just make sure you select Germany as the first team and then pick the team you are going to play with. I did a play now match, didn't change any options and at the end of the game achievement unlocked after stomping them 4-1. Mod, is it too late to correct the guide?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
You can get this ach by just winning a penalty shot against either Germany or Korea

I can confirm that this works. What I did is go to Game Modes from the Main Menu, select Penalty Shootout. Then I chose Germany as the home team and i played as Brazil.

Then all you need to do is win the penalty shootout. So you don't even have to play an actual match to get this achievement. Takes about 5 mins to do.

• 3 months later...

How lucky am I?

Just drew Germany in the final of the World Cup Mode. 2min halves and amateur level.

Won the game 1-0 after 90 minutes and..... the achievement for winning the cup popped but the game froze on the Magazine page. Damn it!

I can confirm that this works. What I did is go to Game Modes from the Main Menu, select Penalty Shootout. Then I chose Germany as the home team and i played as Brazil.

Then all you need to do is win the penalty shootout. So you don't even have to play an actual match to get this achievement. Takes about 5 mins to do.

I did the same method but LOST the shootout and the achievement popped!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...