Do you eat healthy?

TheCookie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try, but I love snacking so much. I end up going through a 9oz bag of ruffles every few days and I drink way more then my fair share of soda and energy drinks daily. Its starting to catch up with me to.

I have gone in spurts of motivation to change, but nothing ever sticks. :(

Here is a sneak peek at part of the problem...

[spoiler=wow]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/792267_4814826341135_1989883162_o.jpg

No this is one day lol I have max 3 a day generally 2...

Edited by KillerBEA

No, I've been eating VERY unhealthy for the past few years. But now I have liver problems (and everything else that goes with that - sleeping probs, skin probs, hair falls out when I wash it etc) I have been forced to try eat more healthily. Somehow I need to cut right back on energy drinks and deep fried food (the hell??????) and I'm planning on doing a week of detox (eating rabbit food for a week UGH but need to try clean my system out). Dunno how this is going to work coz I find healthy food really unsatisfying...

No, I've been eating VERY unhealthy for the past few years. But now I have liver problems (and everything else that goes with that - sleeping probs, skin probs, hair falls out when I wash it etc) I have been forced to try eat more healthily. Somehow I need to cut right back on energy drinks and deep fried food (the hell??????) and I'm planning on doing a week of detox (eating rabbit food for a week UGH but need to try clean my system out). Dunno how this is going to work coz I find healthy food really unsatisfying...

I feel for you. Deep fried foods are hard to ditch but it can be done. What deep fried objects per se?

I tried switching to the non-deep fried variant of the food first when I started weeding out the frier. Gradually, I found my cravings for the deep frier started to go away and you still get to eat the good stuff inside.

Like unbreaded baked chicken wings and unbreaded fish, baking in general instead of frying.

My solution to rabbit food is to cake it with melted cheese and hot sauce. Though that isn't exactly conducive to detox but it does make it yummy. :p

I feel for you. Deep fried foods are hard to ditch but it can be done. What deep fried objects per se?

I tried switching to the non-deep fried variant of the food first when I started weeding out the frier. Gradually, I found my cravings for the deep frier started to go away and you still get to eat the good stuff inside.

Like unbreaded baked chicken wings and unbreaded fish, baking in general instead of frying.

My solution to rabbit food is to cake it with melted cheese and hot sauce. Though that isn't exactly conducive to detox but it does make it yummy. :p

Pretty much everything. Stuff just doesn't taste the same baked/grilled or whatever, and takes a lot longer too... frozen battered chicken... 10 mins 2 deep fry, 30 mins to bake. Also oven takes longer to heat up. So when your hungry you have to wait longer

I could never give it up completely just want to get away from having it just about every day. But I have made a good start, haven't fried anything since saturday. Also cutting down on energy drinks but I fell asleep in my graw boosting session last night so thats not going so well... oops...

Pretty much everything. Stuff just doesn't taste the same baked/grilled or whatever, and takes a lot longer too... frozen battered chicken... 10 mins 2 deep fry, 30 mins to bake. Also oven takes longer to heat up. So when your hungry you have to wait longer

I could never give it up completely just want to get away from having it just about every day. But I have made a good start, haven't fried anything since saturday. Also cutting down on energy drinks but I fell asleep in my graw boosting session last night so thats not going so well... oops...

But I bet it was a great nap! :) I'm trying to cut down on my sugar in coffee intake... slow going.

Kudos on getting a start on cutting down on the fry! You're totally right, but gradually the flavours of non-fried foods come out since you won't have the oil saturating your tastebuds anymore.

Takes a bit more time but really helps.

I have a weakness for deep fried jalapeno poppers, those little breaded bastards stuffed with cheese. I've laid down the law with myself to only get them at a pub I know when they do a half-price appetizer thing.

I kill time waiting for things to cook by gaming and setting timers and prepping something small and quick to nibble on while the main is cooking. That way you may also find yourself not needing to eat as much of the main too. I like this because it always leaves a chunk for lunch at work the next day. Snacky foods like hummas and crackers, pickles and cheese, maybe some diced kielbasa, olives, small bowl of cereal... tiny stuff you can slap together and eat fast.

Do you have a slow cooker? You can prep up anything you want, fire and forget (for 6-8 hours ;))

Best part is you can slow cook something up, toss it in the fridge and just heat up a portion whenever you get hungry later.

Lol not really. Was woke up by 1 of my team mates laughing loudly in my ears, which is scary coz i live on my own and took me a few secs to figure out what it was :o and im sure they werent pleased with it. Havent had any today either and felt naff but havent fallen asleep at all.

Still nothing deep fried though i did have shallow fried sausages and egg. But... I got some veg etc and for lunch i had lettuce + tomato in tortilla wrap :)

I dont have slow cooker no just normal 1

Supposed to be snacking on nuts and seeds, ugh thats the sort of stuff i feed my hamster, how is meant to satisfy my hunger???

Supposed to be snacking on nuts and seeds, ugh thats the sort of stuff i feed my hamster, how is meant to satisfy my hunger???

ROFL!!!

Unless you eat enough to feed a small village of hamsters, it's not much. This to help cut down on cholesterol?

I cheat on that one, grab trail mix from a bulk store and toss in dark chocolate or yogurt covered almonds ;)

Any dried fruit in the nut/seed mix? Banana chips, apricots, dates, mango, cranberries etc all add a bit more oomph. Not a fan of mango fresh, but for some reason dried mango is like crack. :blurp

Thats just what all the stuff I've been reading keep saying. I can do the fruit and veg and eat nuts between meals I guess but seeds? seeds?

Sounds odd but true. Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, you can get bars of sesame seeds mixed with honey, they're pretty tasty actually.

Actually put flax seeds into cookies and bread when I make a desperate usually failing attempt at baking.

Just don't eat your hamsters food, can't have those little guys go hungry. ;)

Sounds odd but true. Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, you can get bars of sesame seeds mixed with honey, they're pretty tasty actually.

I was amazed when my neighbor brought over baked pumpkin seeds... and I ate them up!! He didn't add much to them other than some chili powder, garlic and pepper; baked in his oven for just a few minutes to get the seeds a little crispy.

What exactly would be considered 'Healthy eating?'

I eat a fair portion of fresh fruit and vegetables with lunch and dinner everyday, usually stick to either white meat, fish or lentils/beans etc. I eat red meat probably once a week and for the past year have completely cut out everything with a high level of sugar, salt or saturated fat.

I could probably improve upon this but i'm in my target weight zone and not going up so i'm happy:)