Halo: Reach Anniversary DLC Achievement Guide/Roadmap

lifeexpectancy

is high noon the only infection map in anniversary because its a pain to kill 3 on that map as a zombie in 1 round

finally got that freaking jetpack beatdown achievement

also for the 10 skulls can you get that in the the 4v4 anniversary squad playlist or do you need a skullamanjaro

Edited by EliteLeafHater

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I splattered 6 people in an Anniv. Map, why no achievement?

Were you playing matchmaking? It doesn't work in custom games. If you were in matchmaking and you were on an anniversary map, there's no reason it shouldn't have unlocked unless maybe it DOES have to be without dying /shudder. Can anyone confirm having gotten it with a death in between the kills? If so then it'll be much harder legit.

Were you playing matchmaking? It doesn't work in custom games. If you were in matchmaking and you were on an anniversary map, there's no reason it shouldn't have unlocked unless maybe it DOES have to be without dying /shudder. Can anyone confirm having gotten it with a death in between the kills? If so then it'll be much harder legit.
I was on Anniv. BTB on Breakneck.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=853060970&player=Radioactive553

That looks like it shoulda worked then. There's only 3 ways I can see how this may have happened.

1. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be in a row (splatter spree).

2. Did you redeem the code? Even if you're playing the anniversary maps from the CE disk, maybe you have to redeem the code for ANY of the achievements to unlock, not just the Defiant ones.

3. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be the same type of vehicle (eg 5 ghost splatters for instance).

4. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be in a row with no other kill type between them, but you can still die between splatters, like the Top Shot achievement for 3 headshots.

Options 3 and 4 seem unlikely so I'm guessing it's either 1 or 2. We boosted it with ghosts and since we were boosting everyone did their 5 splatters without dying, so I can't confirm if dying between splatters negates the achievement.

That looks like it shoulda worked then. There's only 3 ways I can see how this may have happened.

1. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be in a row (splatter spree).

2. Did you redeem the code? Even if you're playing the anniversary maps from the CE disk, maybe you have to redeem the code for ANY of the achievements to unlock, not just the Defiant ones.

3. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be the same type of vehicle (eg 5 ghost splatters for instance).

4. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be in a row with no other kill type between them, but you can still die between splatters, like the Top Shot achievement for 3 headshots.

Options 3 and 4 seem unlikely so I'm guessing it's either 1 or 2. We boosted it with ghosts and since we were boosting everyone did their 5 splatters without dying, so I can't confirm if dying between splatters negates the achievement.

Well, 2 and 3 are ruled out. I have gotten the other achievements, so I can't see anything related to that. And all 6 splatters were with ghosts.

Here is a tip for anyone who still needs the 5 vehicle kills in a row and only has 8 players. Try the team snipers playlist and wait for ridgeline to come up as that has mongooses on it. It might be easier than trying to get more players together to do BTB.

5 vehicle kills isnt that difficult i got mine on breakneck lots of vehicles on that map. Actually one of my favorite anniversayr maps

It can be attained in the FFA playlist too, as infection comes up in that one sometimes. However, you're better off playing the Infection playlist, because in FFA you not only have to hope infection comes up, but you have to hope that it comes up AND is on Condemned and not any other map.

i think odds would be better in the infection playlist though as if your in the ffa playlist you would have to get both infection and then if you actually get that then it has to be on condemned at least in the infection playlist you sont have to worry about the gametype. Bad news is you have to play a ton of infection.

I can almost guarantee this will have to be boosted.

I am reading all these ideas and rumors but just to let you all know I have all the new achievements and I didn't have to erase any map packs or retrieve my gamer tag or put in the anniversary game disc code. I do have all the map packs purchased and downloaded though. The All Alone Achievement was done on the regular zombie rotation...a defiant map does come up in the rotation now you just have to be patient. All the new anniversary achievements were done on Anniversary FFA and the other defiants were done on premium battle. Yes I boosted most of them but all with live players and no signed in guest controllers to fill the void. It has been mine and my other friends experience that this week they are monitoring alot. I got credit banned Tuesday (they busted me after about 2 games) for signing in guest controllers that weren't moving and my friends that have been signing in guest controllers also got credit banned. So heads up just find a bunch of real live gamer tags to use rather then guests.

thanks OP for this guide.

but i just wanted to get this straight...

I'll need Anniversary disc for the Anniversary MP achieves.

and I'll need my Reach disc for the new Defiant Map Pack achieves.

coz i sold off my Reach a while back :(

edit: or can i still get the new Defiant Map Pack achieves while playing on the Anniv disc?

Edited by basis

You can get the anniversary achieves with with either disk provided you download the map pack for Reach but yes, you will need Reach for the Defiant ones.

Just to clear this up, for the From Hell's Heart achievement does the the enemy have to suicide from the plasma grenade stuck to you? From what video's I have seen, that is the impression I am getting.

Basically, yes. They need to be standing close enough that they die from their own sticky when it explodes and kills you.

I am reading all these ideas and rumors but just to let you all know I have all the new achievements and I didn't have to erase any map packs or retrieve my gamer tag or put in the anniversary game disc code. I do have all the map packs purchased and downloaded though.

That's kinda the point, you purchased and downloaded the anniversary map pack. For the people that bought CE, they will not have done this and thus will not be able to unlock the Defiant achievements unless they redeem their code to download the anniversary map pack for free. This is not a rumor, it's fact. As for recovering gamertags no, that's not necessary.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/46/1u/14CLiGJhbC9NDxt0GltTWTVCL2FjaC8wLzU5AAAAAOfn5-hBrf8=.jpg All Alone – http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif 10

Defiant: Was the last surviving uninfected player in a matchmade Infection game.

Can be done either in the Infection playlist or in FFA if Infection comes up as an option, but MUST be done on a Defiant map. We did this one on Condemned as well. Hope you start off as a human and be the last man standing. As there are multiple rounds, there will be multiple 'last man standing' awarded, so multiple people can unlock this in one game, but not everyone. Return the favor to your boosting buddies.

I don't get it. Anniversary FFA doesn't contain Defiant maps. Rumble Pit doesn't have Infection. What FFA are you talking about?

Here is a tip for anyone who still needs the 5 vehicle kills in a row and only has 8 players. Try the team snipers playlist and wait for ridgeline to come up as that has mongooses on it. It might be easier than trying to get more players together to do BTB.

Also, to add to that, Breakneck also has Mongooses in that playlist.

I played an Elite Slayer match on High Noon. During the game, I was stuck with a plasma and killed the thrower on two separate occasions. The only problem is that I got no achievement for this.

How does this achievement work? I thought you just had to kill the guy who just stuck you! Am I mistaken or what, any thoughts? (I put a video of it in my file share, I don't know how to link a video to the forum).

I'm trying to get a lot of the achievements on my own before I attempt to boost the ridiculous ones. It's aggravating!!:confused:

Edited by Darth Maleval