Try buying Pack 5 instead of Pack 7

BADDCOMPLEX

Here is some tips that really helped us out a lot when we were boosting and I wanted to pass them along to help others get the retirement achievement faster.

My team mate and I bought Pack 5 instead of 7. It cost about $130,000 and we were able to buy it after blowing up the hovercraft twice. We were getting over $80 million each per round and our highest was a little over $85 million each. Yes EACH, not team total!

Also we believe that this was happening because the 2 guys that were doing objectives on the inside were so good at getting them done quickly that they were getting over $35 million each per round. I really don't know their strategy but they were getting things done very fast. We think the faster they got things done and the more they completed helped us get more money overall.

Also, the team that is doing the hovercraft also needs to kill the "target bad guy" when he shows up on the docks. This really helps your score. As the "target bad guy" was coming in at over $1 million per hit, because the team on the inside killed the "target" on the inside so many times.

During our best rounds we had guys spawning behind us a lot and the "target bad guy" showing up on the docks about 4 times.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if it does.

Edited by BADDCOMPLEX

Every objective that gets completed boosts the cash payout for the next objective, exception being the 3 computers that you have to blow up inside, they're 1/3 of the overall total each.

For making money quickly inside, you basically need one person to stay in the upstairs control room and one over by computer #3 (back left corner as you face the warehouse from the upper control room). Communication helps here, because if you blow up computer #3 before 1 and 2 are destroyed, they get a little buggy (target icon stays on them even when they're not a real objective and seems to reduce the rate of "kill this guy" objectives...which is where the real money is). The person in the back room is basically responsible for killing the manager who spawns in the main room and the one who spawns in the room right above him. The person in the main control room can hit the computer in that room, both missile silos, the computer in the southern silo, and the guy in the back right top room, as well as taking out any enemies who hop on the turret and start blasting the hovercraft team. Completing any objective will cause other objective targets to despawn (with the exception of the 3 computers), so if one of your managers just falls over and you don't get money for him, it's probably because the hovercraft team destroyed the hovercraft before you got him. Since the bug allows the hovercraft to constantly give money even when it's not the current objective, it's not really effected by this.

As for the hovercraft bugging out and not giving money, in my experience, this only happens when the objective changes to "Destroy the hovercraft" as the hoevercraft is in the process of blowing up or if it blows up immediately after this objective becomes active (as in sooner than you could realistically destroy it if the bug didn't exist).

As the OP stated, having good people on the inside greatly increases the amount of money gained by both teams and allows the hovercraft team to hit that $80-85 million mark and the inside team to get around half that (I think $45 million was the max I saw on the inside). If people in your boosting session are just going afk when it's their turn to be inside, they're really screwing you out of progress.

Hope something here helps someone out :)

What we really need is tips on how to not bug the hovercraft.

Try having someone from the "hovercraft team" host when they are working on the hovercraft. One of the groups I was in had this same problem, and doing that seemed to work pretty well for us.

What we really need is tips on how to not bug the hovercraft.

I think me and a few friends figured this out. Ever since we realized this, it's never glitched on any of us since.

Some people get a little impatient, and may take a shot or two while the hovercraft is falling to the water. DON'T!!!

Wait till the hovercraft splashes in the water, then comes back up 100% to water level. THEN go apeshit on it.

• 2 weeks later...

The sniper rifle in Pack 5 (7 shots required) is what you need. The one in Pack 7 has too much recoil, even though it takes lesser shots (5). But the biggest reason I'd suggest against Pack 7 is it glitches the money earned from shooting the hovercraft from time to time. You'd end up getting $0 for shooting the thing with the Pack 7 rifle. It happened to my team three times over two evenings, and we decided to stick to Pack 7.

All of of us unlocked $1billion last night.

• 2 weeks later...