Achievements: The point of no return ?

k2345

How much gamerscore is the point of no return ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How much gamerscore is the point of no return ?

• 0G - 249G
    • 250G - 499G
    • 500G - 749G
    • 750G - 1000G

I have reached a point accross a number of game's where I believe I can either soldier on & get the full 1000G or I can say I have other games which I want to complete and that "xxx"G is the best I feel I can do at the moment, basically where do you feel is the cut off for points where you decide if you want to get the full 1000G ?

Edited by k2345

It varies across every game I play. I tend to complete the SP portion of the game and see where I stand. If I feel like playing more, I will continue with the game and/or achievements. If I do not feel like playing more, I will leave it as it is and move on to something else.

For the sake of not being Debbie Downer, I would say... 500-749. I see this as the average number of GS you can obtain through the SP experience of many games.

if a game has an easy 1000 i'll try and finish it, sometimes time consuming lists as well but only on games i know i'll enjoy until i complete it. if a game has a hard list/or i finish it but cannot be bothered to continue i'll try to get it to 500/600

I tend to go for all of the single player achievements in a game and possibly touch on the mutliplayer provided it isn't to time consuming (I'm looking at you Gears of War).

I will agree with you there, gears of war has annoyed me so much with the achievements and now that it is 2000G I feel that I WILL have to buy the dlc just to get a decent score :mad:

I will set myself a realistic target for a game before I start. If I end up getting more than I planned, then I'll got for the 1000g. I tend to stick with games that have little or no online achievements if at all possible. Got too many games at the moment that I've only jusr started playing and have little gs attatched to them.

Depends on the game I'm currently going back through my old games trying to finish them off but a few of them are just INSANE grind achievements like a miss things such as all gold achievement on forza 3 and 4, and its just insane grinding so gets abit boring but its like I'm close now so want to carry on but finding the energy is just :(

I try to get as many achievements as I can in a game. My goal is 1000, but sometimes that isn’t possible either due to annoying multiplayer achievements or achievements that require lots of grinding.

I often start a game and play it a lot for a while and get most of the easy achievements then I put the game down for a long time and play something else. Then I go back a game and try to get the rest of the achievements.