Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe

• 6 months later...
Bit shocked to see 'kill 10 humans' in the list, I thought it was just the alien and the androids, didn't realise there was also human enemies too.

I watched the latest developer walkthrough from the Gamescom and you can see armed enemies walking around but you don't have to fight them you can also sneak past them.

As for this:

Mercy or Prudence? - Completed the game without killing any humans

I just hope kills by the Aliens won't count. For the most interesting should be:

One Shot - Completed the game without dying

That is if we can reset it via checkpoints! The rest is doable, a few story-related here, some kills and collectibles there.

• 1 month later...
I saw a comment from someone on a news article who said that the hardest difficulty didn't allow you to save. Does anyone know if this is true?

I highly doubt that's true for two reasons. 1 - most reviews have been played on Hard and talk about saves. 2 - That would mean you'd have to marathon this game in one sitting because you can't save? No one would like that.

Also I just got my copy for the 360 and noticed it's 2 discs, which surprised me. Hopefully both discs you'll be able to install and not have to run the second one off the disc.

I decided to go through on hard first off, that way the difficulty is the 'normal' setting as I have nothing to compare it to. I will go through again on easy afterwards to mop up the achievements I miss (100 points for not dying anyone?). Also in case anyone is wondering, the achievements are grindable. For example I just got the 'Self Defence' achievement for killing 10 Humans and I'm in an area where there are only four of them, kill, reload save, rinse, repeat! I'm glad to see the even on hard, Humans go down after 2 hits with the maintenance jack.

no chapter replays. I don't know if logs or anything carries over so there may not be mopping up on collectables without having to get them all again.

If you play anything less than harest you can not simply switch to hardest and pop the ending. if you downgrade the difficulty one time, you're not getting hard difficulty cheeve.

Didn't like this game early due to all the sneaking but turned out to be a really good game