Questions

Kiksy

I have some questions, some of them are stupid but bare with me please lol

. How can I melee attack, not attack from behind(silent kill) I mean like if a man comes running to me and he is too close that I can't aim at him with my weapon, is there a way I can hit him with a knife or punch him or anything?

. The skills, can I get them all in one time or I have to play a new game and get a full skill category in each? Like now I want to get the whole survivor skills category but some are locked and says tier 2, what does that mean?

These are my questions so far, I've played for only 3 days now, so I may have more questions later, I will post them here.

Thanks in advance :)

I have some questions, some of them are stupid but bare with me please lol

. How can I melee attack, not attack from behind(silent kill) I mean like if a man comes running to me and he is too close that I can't aim at him with my weapon, is there a way I can hit him with a knife or punch him or anything?

. The skills, can I get them all in one time or I have to play a new game and get a full skill category in each? Like now I want to get the whole survivor skills category but some are locked and says tier 2, what does that mean?

These are my questions so far, I've played for only 3 days now, so I may have more questions later, I will post them here.

Thanks in advance :)

Hai! :D first of all you need to upgrade the climbing hook before it allows you to actually melee at will with it. You just have to press Y with it but you need a certain upgrade first. I believe every upgrade is possible in one playthrough, as there is no New Game+ feature. Tier 2 and 3 are attained by unlocking a number of Tier 1 upgrades to unlock Tier 2, and Tier 2 upgrades to unlock Tier 3, for example:

10 upgrades required to unlock Tier 2

Put 10 skill points into any skill tree for Tier 1 skills, when 10 points have been put into Tier 1 skills, you will unlock the ability to put points into Tier 2, and it's the same method to unlock Tier 3.

Hope this helped! :D

Edited by Total Shinobi
Typo

Hai! :D first of all you need to upgrade the climbing hook before it allows you to actually melee at will with it. You just have to press Y with it but you need a certain upgrade first. I believe every upgrade is possible in one playthrough, as there is no New Game+ feature. Tier 2 and 3 are attained by unlocking a number of Tier 1 upgrades to unlock Tier 2, and Tier 2 upgrades to unlock Tier 3, for example:

10 upgrades required to unlock Tier 2

Put 10 skill points into any skill tree for Tier 1 skills, when 10 points have been put into Tier 1 skills, you will unlock the ability to put points into Tier 2, and it's the same method to unlock Tier 3.

Hope this helped! :D

Ok I think I understood what you mean.

Like when I explore, I discover new upgrades for weapons, is it like that for skills too? I can discover new skills in the skill tree I want while exploring?

So I keep saving skill points and not use them till I discover more skills in tier 1 in the skill tree I want?

And about the climbing hook it says upgraded 100% :confused:

Ok I think I understood what you mean.

Like when I explore, I discover new upgrades for weapons, is it like that for skills too? I can discover new skills in the skill tree I want while exploring?

So I keep saving skill points and not use them till I discover more skills in tier 1 in the skill tree I want?

And about the climbing hook it says upgraded 100% :confused:

No you don't discover skills from exploring. The first Tier of all skills is available to be unlocked as you begin the game, you unlock abilities in various trees by using the skill points you acquire from gathering XP which will eventually gain you a level up. When you unlock enough Tier 1 skills Tier 2 will unlock, and when you unlock enough Tier 2 skills Tier 3 (the Master Tier) will unlock. You upgrade skills from Tier 1 and eventually Tier 2 will unlock, stating you can now begin spending skill points on Tier 2 upgrades.

Short answer regarding the Skill Tiers is this: Spend all of your points on whatever you can, and what you like the look of the most. Eventually you will unlock Tier 2, and then Tier 3. I apologise if this is confusing to you, I'm trying my best.

You are certain you have the climbing axe, right? Not the first prying axe you get from the shed in the Coastal Forest? the climbing axe is the red one. If you have the right axe, an upgrade may be needed to allow you to melee with it.

Edited by Total Shinobi
Update

No you don't discover skills from exploring. The first Tier of all skills is available to be unlocked as you begin the game, you unlock abilities in various trees by using the skill points you acquire from gathering XP which will eventually gain you a level up. When you unlock enough Tier 1 skills Tier 2 will unlock, and when you unlock enough Tier 2 skills Tier 3 (the Master Tier) will unlock. You upgrade skills from Tier 1 and eventually Tier 2 will unlock, stating you can now begin spending skill points on Tier 2 upgrades.

Short answer regarding the Skill Tiers is this: Spend all of your points on whatever you can, and what you like the look of the most. Eventually you will unlock Tier 2, and then Tier 3. I apologise if this is confusing to you, I'm trying my best.

You are certain you have the climbing axe, right? Not the first prying axe you get from the shed in the Coastal Forest? the climbing axe is the red one. If you have the right axe, an upgrade may be needed to allow you to melee with it.

But I want all my skills to be in survivor not the others.

Like I want survivor to be full, if I spend skill points on other ones like hunter, will I still be able to get the full survivor? Or there won't be enough points?

And yes I am sure about the axe, don't you mean the one the man gave me?

With which button do I hit people with it?

There's enough XP to be gained in the game to unlock every skill -- you just need to be thorough.

As for using the climbing axe as a weapon, I can't remember if it requires a combat skill to unlock or not, but you use :ybut:.

Thanks

I was playing an hour ago and got the axe hitting.

It's got to do with the skills not weapon upgrades, when I unlocked tier 2 it also allowed me to use the axe :)

I hope this helps anyone who has the same question.