Silly Idea

Most other TV show games do not have the principle creators writing the game's story, making all of the show's visual assets available to the developers and doing all the voices for their respective characters. Not to mention that said creators are been long-time, hardcore game players.

I think you need to strongly re-consider your position on this game based on these facts.

What's silly is to judge a game before it's even out. Out of all the games being based on tv shows I think this one will be one of the best (my personal opinion) and I'm really looking forward to it.

As iBuzz7S and TriRock have mentioned the creators are heavily involved in the game. They are also big fans of RPG's from what I've read in reviews so I have good faith in them.

Think about this, RPG elements combined with one of the best shows on TV. What could possibly be better?

• 2 weeks later...
In my opinion, I think basing a game of a tv show is silly. Probably will try the game out though, But based off my passed experiences with tv show games, I dought it will be any good

Very narrow-minded outlook! This game is going to be GREAT because, as other posters mentioned before, the creators are both heavily invested into making this game accurate, entertaining, fun, and funny. If you have seen ANYTHING created/written/directed/produced by Matt Stone/Trey Parker, you will realize that they don't half-ass their work. They go over it again and again until it is to their liking. They incorporate current events seamlessly and humorously.

This game is going to ROCK!! I would trust almost NOBODY over Stone/Parker to create a deep, humor-based, dungeon-crawling-style co-op/multiplayer RPG game. The South Park world is already almost 20 seasons deep in lore, humor, and outrageous happenings. This game has such a vast library of info it can reference, and it is being written by some of the most creative minds of our time. I won't say that it CAN'T fail, but this has to be an early Game of the Year nominee (very early, I know).

I have no hesitation about buying it day 1!

What's silly is to judge a game before it's even out. Out of all the games being based on tv shows I think this one will be one of the best (my personal opinion)

So it's silly for him to judge it before it comes out, but its not silly when you judge it before it comes out? Gotcha.

Very narrow-minded outlook! This game is going to be GREAT because, as other posters mentioned before, the creators are both heavily invested into making this game accurate, entertaining, fun, and funny. If you have seen ANYTHING created/written/directed/produced by Matt Stone/Trey Parker, you will realize that they don't half-ass their work. They go over it again and again until it is to their liking. They incorporate current events seamlessly and humorously.

So it's narrow minded for him to think the game will not be good but will still probably try it out, but its not narrow minded for you to say that the game will in fact be great before it even comes out? Gotcha.

So it's silly for him to judge it before it comes out, but its not silly when you judge it before it comes out? Gotcha.

So it's narrow minded for him to think the game will not be good but will still probably try it out, but its not narrow minded for you to say that the game will in fact be great before it even comes out? Gotcha.

So for whatever personal reason, you deliberately misinterpret people's posts? Gotcha.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, sounds like someone hasn't had their cheesy poofs today...

OT: If you are still not convinced this game has a huge chance of being terrific, go check out a couple of trailers for it, and perhaps do a little bit of research on it before generalising it as just another crappy game based off a tv show.

• 4 weeks later...

The difference with South Park and the Simpsons compared to other TV show based games is that the source content allows for expansion. The references are all there but it's still unique.

Take family guy, i love the show but the games were average because they only have one fallback in which to make a story fit for a game and that is the Stewie vs Bertram thing.

NlK has a point. You guys bashing him for making his comment making a judgement before playing, then half of you say it willl be good before playing it.

Doesn't sound like a misinterpretation at all to me. Just that his views are opposed to your own, so he is clearly wrong.

They have made a few South Park games, and all of them have been very true to the source material because Matt and Trey make sure they are accurate, they don't just sell off the liscence and let paople that may have never even seen an episode of South Park add stuff in there like other TV/movie games do. This isn't even the first full retail South Park game. There was a FPS in 1999 and the content was perfect, even if the game itself wasnt very good overall.