Collectibles Farming Guide

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, I'm ready to give up. :( Every method I've come up with to try and get around this has been totally disproven. The drop rates are abysmal and nothing I've tried has worked so far. If this doesn't work I'm giving up.

hang in there. one thing about us cheevo whores is our ability to withstand hours of tedious grinding in order to get achievements. this achievement may suck, but so did mad moxxi's achievements!

hang in there. one thing about us cheevo whores is our ability to withstand hours of tedious grinding in order to get achievements. this achievement may suck, but so did mad moxxi's achievements!

Oh I'm not giving up on my 1750!

I don't mind putting the hours in to get the drops, as frustrating as the drops are. I just want to know that when I DO put the hours in, I'll get my achievement for doing it.

Even when I tried this method today, I counted at least 7 glasses I picked up w/o the achievement. So it seems I either need to level a brand new character (only have the one 61) or patiently wait for the update. I don't feel like further frustrating myself over the rest of the collectibles when one has already failed to unlock 2-3 times.

Edited by Jediboy2003

Just finished a 7-hour MINAC farming session. Here are my results.

Panties - 24

Fish - 21

Pizza - 10

Bobbleheads - 12

Oil Cans - 8

I was hoping to get at least one achievement as a proof of concept, but no such luck. I would estimate that there were about ~1,000 drops total, including all the Wires, Motherboards, and Gears. Some items got stuck though, I can see two oils cans sticking out of MINAC but I can't pick them up.

Edit: Turns out if you go back to Wayward Pass, then turn around and go back to the boss area, MINAC's body disappears, allowing you to pick up any stuck collectibles. I managed to snag 3 extra oil cans.

From here I'm gonna see if I can get MINAC to come back without quitting the game (I'll switch areas), then try to continue farming. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Edit 2: Seems you can't get MINAC to respawn without quitting. If anyone else trying MINAC farming, I suggest leaving it for longer than I did.

Edited by RadiantViper

I found another place to hide, it requires you to shoot all all the gatling guns on the MINAC.

When you first enter,on your right you will see this broken L shaped wall, hide in the inside corner of it.

The MINAC will point its eye at you when it gets close,but will NOT fire because its eyes is pointing at itself(Trust me lul).

Claptraps will explode on the outside of the wall, as long as you're in the corner!

People getting 1750 before it was even released is normal???

You've heard about reviewers right? They get the game early so they can release a REVIEW on launch day. I'm sure all of the publications and website reviewers have played it, and some of them are probably achievement hunters too. So YES, people CAN get it without it being released to the public AND it be legitimate.

Now I'm not saying people don't hack their GS, but to say that because they got the achievements before public release and therefore they hacked it or something is just misguided.

I just tested this method and got all collectibles that I needed in 10 hours. But of course I didn't get any achievements, so I guess I'm staying at 1700G because I'm not going to try again and waste more time on this garbage-DLC. I can't believe that you release something that takes 2-3 hours to complete the main story and then you have grind for 10 hours to collect pizzas, bobbleheads and oil cans, that's so stupid, and they manage to make the achievements glicthy too, great job Gearbox...

I just tested this method and got all collectibles that I needed in 10 hours. But of course I didn't get any achievements, so I guess I'm staying at 1700G because I'm not going to try again and waste more time on this garbage-DLC. I can't believe that you release something that takes 2-3 hours to complete the main story and then you have grind for 10 hours to collect pizzas, bobbleheads and oil cans, that's so stupid, and they manage to make the achievements glicthy too, great job Gearbox...

yeah, gearbox really dropped the ball. i enjoyed the DLC, but the amount of time it takes to get the achievements AND the fact that they may glitch out on you is unacceptable. i fucking hope that everyone who has already gotten the items but no achievements has the achievements unlock retroactively with a patch.

The more I keep thinking about the way this has worked out, would it really have been that hard to just make them a new challenge (similar to 12 days of pandora)? It'd have kept count, they'd have spanned playthroughs and you'd have gotten an experience incentive out of it to boot. Oh well....

Ok, so i farmed for 5 hours yesterday evening on the boss, collected didn't record what i got, so went to bed and left it farming, so a total of around 13-14 hours.

Results

• 37 panties
  • 30 fish
  • 23 3d glasses
  • 12 oilcans
  • 11 pizzas
  • 6 bobble heads

and just to confirm, if you goto wayward pass and come back there's a shit load more where the big thingy used to be.

Oh forgot to mention, NO FUCKING CHEEVIES!

EDIT: I had a thought, when picking up the items do you do it individually, or do you just hold X for it to hoard them all up? i noticed when i held X some of the items that i collected didn't appear at the top of the screen??

Edited by tmg100

The more I keep thinking about the way this has worked out, would it really have been that hard to just make them a new challenge (similar to 12 days of pandora)? It'd have kept count, they'd have spanned playthroughs and you'd have gotten an experience incentive out of it to boot. Oh well....

This.

When I saw the achievement list, I expressed dislike, and was told they'd probably be tied to missions.

When it became apparent that they weren't tied to missions (I found a fish in a bag on my first claptrap kill) I went through the entire challenge log to make sure it wasn't being recorded in there.

Really disappointed on how they handled this. The achievements until now were excellent :(

Has anyone noted if being able to hit the achievements is tied to the playthrough you are using? I am using Playthrough 2, have collecte at least twice what is needed for the achievements (farming MINOC and the Dump), but have only got the 3D glasses one. Maybe if you are using Playthrough 1 I may have more luck?

Has anyone noted if being able to hit the achievements is tied to the playthrough you are using? I am using Playthrough 2, have collecte at least twice what is needed for the achievements (farming MINOC and the Dump), but have only got the 3D glasses one. Maybe if you are using Playthrough 1 I may have more luck?

I'm only missing Its A Party and got everything else in playthrough 2. Working on Party in playthrough 1 right now collecting only exactly the number of items required. Just need 11 more pizzas.

Ok, so i farmed for 5 hours yesterday evening on the boss, collected didn't record what i got, so went to bed and left it farming, so a total of around 13-14 hours.

Results

• 37 panties
  • 30 fish
  • 23 3d glasses
  • 12 oilcans
  • 11 pizzas
  • 6 bobble heads

and just to confirm, if you goto wayward pass and come back there's a shit load more where the big thingy used to be.

EDIT: I had a thought, when picking up the items do you do it individually, or do you just hold X for it to hoard them all up? i noticed when i held X some of the items that i collected didn't appear at the top of the screen??

OK so, another 6 1/2 hour farm on MINAC, suprisingly enough I got

28 panties

19 fish

40+ 3d glasses

14 oilcans

14 pizzas

20 bobble heads

Considering its half the time of my 1st attempt.

Now, even my poor maths can calculate that these two runs regardless of ones I had gotten before and in between farming ( i normally get a pizza or oil can on the way to Ned or Steel ) add up to the required amounts.

Ill leave it for a few more hours to see if I can get the achievements to unlock after another collection.

If I fail at the 3rd attempt, i'm just going to leave it :( this upsets me. Because along with the 1st crackdown (at the time) and Assassins creed 2 (storyline) this is one of the best games I think ive played, especially with the Knoxx DLC, by far the greatest DLC ive ever played.

Might just wait for Borderworlds.

Edited by tmg100

Had the same, but after a short time, the items list is like scrolling, showing new items, but even than, I didn't always saw everything I picked up. Maybe because it's too much to show.

One night of farming, no cheevies for me too.

Some oil cans, a few pizzas and a few bobbleheads.

Will take some more nights I guess, which is pretty lame, but if I can't get them playing normally and even this way takes a damn long time, no doubt that the chievos are a bit f*cked up.

I saw a big group of items, but I couldn't pick them up, probably becuase Minac next to it. Next time, I collect the big groups first, before I destroy him.

Yesterday I played and completed all missions and side quests in 4p-coop. Had 6 glasses (5 after completion) and no achievement.

Today I started a new solo playthrough with a different character. Started doing missions and collected 5th 3D glasses during the 100 component quest for Tannis. POP! Ended up completing all main missions while still collecting collectibles. Still have side quests to do and am still sitting on the 150/150 component quest. On my 15th bobblehead...POP!

I still need 4 pizzas and 6 oil cans but I have 44 fish, 35 glasses, and 21 panties.

I've been entering the Dump and killing the traps there and leaving. Most of the time I wait outside by the door for 5 minutes and go back. Once in a while I go to the Factory and kill the traps there. Much more effective time-wise and by droprate in the Dump.

But I get get most of the panties in the Factory and quite a few fish. I think every pizza, oil can, and bobblehead have been in the Dump.

Will update when I find 4 more pizzas and 6 more oil cans.

UPDATE:

25th Oil Can...POP!

15th pizza, nada. 57 fish and 26 panties. Stumped on this one.

Well I am pleasantly surprised by that opps.

Started again today with my 2nd character, but I was doing playthrough 1 instead of playthrough 2 like I had before. Decided that I would only pick up 3 panties, 5 fish, and 15 pizzas but leave everything else on the ground. I picked up components and guns to clear out the area so I could see.

Had my 3 panties, had 5 fish (may have accidently picked up 1 extra). When I did I immediately quit and re-entered. Had 8 pizzas picked up. Since I had so many other items lying around I invited a friend into my solo game to see if he'd get the 5 3D glasses Realistic achievement. On his 5th pick-up he got it. Then I told him to pick up whatever else he wanted and I walked over to a bobblehead sitting next to some money. I just wanted the money but took the bobblehead by mistake. POP! It's a Party. 1750/1750.

Also, I discovered that you do NOT have to leave the region for things to respawn. They will respawn based on time. I was waiting for my friend to enter the game and I was surprised when I started getting shot and heard "stabby, stabby. how do you like those apples." WTF.

just to let you guys know...

i joined a friend on his second playthrough. after just a short while in the game i picked up 3d glasses (2nd we've found together) and he got the achievement.

we switched to restart with my first playthrough (thinking we save the 2nd run's exp for the update) and i unlocked the 3d glasses achievement after picking up another 3 glasses.

so picking stuff up does count for everybody. and it is carried over playthroughs.