Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Cully

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1508/s34.jpg Get Busy, Dizzy! 15http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Get a "Flawless" result on a spin move.

Just Play "Drop It Like It's Hot" on Hard in Break It Down mode. Most of the way through, you will know the spin move. It's called "Scratch & Spin". Keep trying till you get it flawless. You will know if it flashes blue with the words flawless at the end of the move.

Any particular reason for choosing this one? Spin moves are fairly obvious. I just got mine on Push It medium on the move Tantrum. And if you don't catch the word flawless flash, another key is to look at the flashcard of the move you completed. If it was blue, it was flawless.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Flying Blind:

This achievement is actually confusing and unfortunately not as simple as the description says. What it says: "Earn 5 Stars on any 10 songs with Flashcards turned off." How this actually works: when you complete a song with no flashcards and earn 5 stars or better, it will possibly have the "no flashcard" symbol next to the song on the song selection list, or in the difficulty selection list. The problem is, to earn this icon, you must match or beat your current best star count.

Example 1: You have cleared Poker Face on easy with 5 stars. You turn off flash cards and clear it again with 5 stars. On your menu you will now have an icon and 1 out of 10 for the achievement. The problem is...

Example 2: You have cleared Poker Face on easy with 5 gold stars. You turn off flash cards and clear it with just 5 stars (not gold). You will not have the icon and you will have 0 out of 10 for the achievement.

So, if you've already gold starred a song, you need to gold star it with flash cards off to get credit. I can confirm that when you can count 10 of the no flash cards icons, the achievement will pop (whether they are in the main song select screen or the difficulty select screen).

Has this been confirmed? I noticed that the guide hasn't been updated to reflect this. I got gold stars on the first challenge on easy my first attempt, then redid it without flash cards and got 5 stars (not gold). It seems this won't could toward that achievement. Do challenges count at all toward the no flash card achievements?

Yes, challenges do count. I did through the second challenge myself to get the achievement.

Alright thanks. Any idea about the gold star thing screwing me? If so, I guess I'll be careful not to do too well my first attempt, so I don't screw myself on the No Flashcard run.

I don't know, but it's quite possible.

Well I didn't confirm it, but I got gold stars without flashcards so I got the achievement anyway. Thank god I got that one out of the way cause playing with flashcards on some of these later songs is tough. Couldn't imagine doing it without flashcards. I'd have to memorize the routine just like a real dancer!

Would it possibly be better to do all of Break It Down mode on Easy first? That way it's much easier to get the 100% achievement for all songs on Break It Down. Then there isn't as much pressure to 100% the song on Hard. You only have to pass specific moves, and don't have to worry about tying everything together. Thoughts?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1508/s50.jpg Robots Doin’ It for Themselves 15http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Successfully passed a robot move with ELIOT.

For this you can play the song "Push It" on easy and that will get you the achievement as well.

What in the hell constitutes a "robot move"?? The guide says you should get it playing the Grand Finale Challenge first time, but I didn't. Maybe because I played on easy. So I went back and played Satisfaction (on easy) since it seemed to me that virtually every move in that song could be considered a robot move, but no achievement there either. I five starred both, by the way, so it's not because I didn't pass the moves.

I'll try Push It tonight, but it makes no sense to me why no moves in Satisfaction unlocked that achievement for me. Electric, Screw Loose, Charge Up, Overheat, etc. They all seem to be robot moves to me. No clue why the game doesn't count them.

Strange. I don't recall getting this during the Grand Finale Challenge, but I believe I did get it doing Satisfaction on easy with Eliot.

That would make sense to me. That's the only song in the game that seems robotic to me. I got five stars on it with Eliot, and I know I nailed every move at least once. In 3 hours I'll be home trying Push It to see if that unlocks the achievement for me. Do you remember if it unlocks immediately after passing a robot move, or after the song is complete? I assumed after the song is complete, like the other achievements, but I saw people saying it should unlock right away.

What in the hell constitutes a "robot move"?? The guide says you should get it playing the Grand Finale Challenge first time, but I didn't. Maybe because I played on easy. So I went back and played Satisfaction (on easy) since it seemed to me that virtually every move in that song could be considered a robot move, but no achievement there either. I five starred both, by the way, so it's not because I didn't pass the moves.

I'll try Push It tonight, but it makes no sense to me why no moves in Satisfaction unlocked that achievement for me. Electric, Screw Loose, Charge Up, Overheat, etc. They all seem to be robot moves to me. No clue why the game doesn't count them.

Well I just played Push It on easy as that guy stated would work. I got gold stars on the song and still no achievement! I don't know what else to do!

• 3 weeks later...

Overview:

-Approximate amount of time to 1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg: 20-30 Hours

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10 (depending on your rhythm and dancing skills)

I feel betrayed and lied to. Finding my best friend's knife in my back would be less painful. I have saved galaxies, destroyed civilizations, scattered millions with my fists and obliterated billions with my guns. I have annihilated creatures bigger than this entire planet that came from places hell would be afraid of. I have trained my body in many sports and fought off a demonic alien invasion dozens of times. Cities have risen and empires have fallen, but this blasted creation they call dancing is considered of easy difficulty. I have 100%-ed the worst of the worst like Demon's Souls, KZ2 and Vanquish and am in perfect physical shape, but this fucking game puts me to the test more than any other out there.

Rating this a 5 out of 10 seems like a joke. 20-30 hours seems unreal.

But I will continue, and I will persevere. I have vanquished every demon in Boletaria and I'll be damned if I fail at making funky moves and shaking my ass.

But blast if I knew, I would not have purchased this thing.

I feel betrayed and lied to. Finding my best friend's knife in my back would be less painful. I have saved galaxies, destroyed civilizations, scattered millions with my fists and obliterated billions with my guns. I have annihilated creatures bigger than this entire planet that came from places hell would be afraid of. I have trained my body in many sports and fought off a demonic alien invasion dozens of times. Cities have risen and empires have fallen, but this blasted creation they call dancing is considered of easy difficulty. I have 100%-ed the worst of the worst like Demon's Souls, KZ2 and Vanquish and am in perfect physical shape, but this fucking game puts me to the test more than any other out there.

Rating this a 5 out of 10 seems like a joke. 20-30 hours seems unreal.

But I will continue, and I will persevere. I have vanquished every demon in Boletaria and I'll be damned if I fail at making funky moves and shaking my ass.

But blast if I knew, I would not have purchased this thing.

My guide rated it a 7/10 and gave it 30-50 hours ;)

Seriously though, when I first started, this game felt impossible. I could barely 5-star songs on easy and I felt like there was no hope. Then I got the hang of it and started 5-starring songs on Hard first try. You really have to learn the names of moves and get used to the movements and how the game reads you, and it'll be much easier. Although, it all depends on how natural some of it comes to you. A lot of the moves came pretty natural to me, so once I saw them and learned the names, it got really easy. Good luck though. I just completed this game about half an hour ago and it's definitely one of my prouder completions.

My guide rated it a 7/10 and gave it 30-50 hours ;)

Seriously though, when I first started, this game felt impossible. I could barely 5-star songs on easy and I felt like there was no hope. Then I got the hang of it and started 5-starring songs on Hard first try. You really have to learn the names of moves and get used to the movements and how the game reads you, and it'll be much easier. Although, it all depends on how natural some of it comes to you. A lot of the moves came pretty natural to me, so once I saw them and learned the names, it got really easy. Good luck though. I just completed this game about half an hour ago and it's definitely one of my prouder completions.

Yeah I know, you guide does a better job difficulty wise. It's not that it's difficult-difficult, it's that it' frustrating difficult. I'm doing the 100% Break It Down on each song, and man this costs so much time. Having 3 individual sections only to fail in the last section 5 times in a row, means you just wasted 30 minutes doing the same thing over and over and over again. At least the songs themselves are fun but in break it down, there's no real song, there's just the announcer with his same 5 lines every routine.

Yeah I know, you guide does a better job difficulty wise. It's not that it's difficult-difficult, it's that it' frustrating difficult. I'm doing the 100% Break It Down on each song, and man this costs so much time. Having 3 individual sections only to fail in the last section 5 times in a row, means you just wasted 30 minutes doing the same thing over and over and over again. At least the songs themselves are fun but in break it down, there's no real song, there's just the announcer with his same 5 lines every routine.

I actually did the 100% Break It Down (on easy, obviously) for every song after I 5-starred them all on Hard. This made it extremely easy to 100% every song on easy since I had learned practically all of the "easy" moves from playing the songs on Hard. I did almost every song first try in Break It Down.

I can understand, though, that some people would prefer to Break Down a song before attempting it in Perform It! mode. A lot of the harder songs I just watched Riffraff67's videos to see what to expect. Almost every song took my 3 tries or less on hard, without having done any Break Down whatsoever.

The other reason I waited on Break It Down mode is that I thought it was really boring and didn't want to be bothered with it until I knew I was really good at most of the moves.

• 1 month later...

Completed this a few weeks back. Never again! The songs were fun but this takes achievements to a whole new level. I wasn't struggling as much with the dance moves as I was with getting Kinect to recognize them. I had to change me entire setup, going as far as to place my kinect 4 meters away from the TV at a 90 degree angle to it, just so I had a crapload of space and the perfect lightning. It was so overly sensitive, punishing me for moves that I'd already done perfectly the past 20 times.

Unless Dance Central 2 gives you 1000 points for just popping in the disc, I think I'll pass.

Happy though!

• 2 weeks later...
FYI,

"Extra equipment needed? No"

I think the Kinect would be considered Extra Equiptment. Good guide so far.

You do realize that this guide hasn't been touched since last November, and that my guide is complete, halfway down the first page, right?

I don't think you should hang around this one waiting for it to be finished.