£2.69 still don't buy it!

lukeather

Like me people may be tempted to buy this for £2.69 in the current sale.

I bought it and i can safely say i may as well of spent my afternoon trying to burn my coins. Seriously this a terrible game! The achievements are terrible, the mechanics are terribly dated to the point where it makes certain parts of the game extremely hard and the badly rendered environments often end with you falling to your death from a 10 foot drop meaning you will have to redo the previous 5 minutes of painful gameplay.

I will be fair to the game however. The story elements and characters seem interesting and on paper a lot of the ideas seem good. This is however not a game you would expect to see on the current generation console.

I only say this because i browsed this forum before buying the game and did not get a proper grasp of how awful this is.

BUY BIOSHOCK FOR £4.49! ITS AMAZING!

Like me people may be tempted to buy this for £2.69 in the current sale.

I bought it and i can safely say i may as well of spent my afternoon trying to burn my coins. Seriously this a terrible game! The achievements are terrible, the mechanics are terribly dated to the point where it makes certain parts of the game extremely hard and the badly rendered environments often end with you falling to your death from a 10 foot drop meaning you will have to redo the previous 5 minutes of painful gameplay.

I will be fair to the game however. The story elements and characters seem interesting and on paper a lot of the ideas seem good. This is however not a game you would expect to see on the current generation console.

I only say this because i browsed this forum before buying the game and did not get a proper grasp of how awful this is.

BUY BIOSHOCK FOR £4.49! ITS AMAZING!

Well for one this game is really old. Its an amazing game btw. I had it when it first came years ago and glad to get it again and redo all the achievements. You just had to play it when it first came out to like it. It was amazing then, its still amazing now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For the cheap price of this offer, it didn't seem worth checking forums to see if the game was any good, so I just went ahead and downloaded it. Wow. I didn't think it was possible to feel so much like I'd wasted money, when spending so little. Worst game I've ever experienced on the 360 with one exception, however this now shares that top spot of shame.... This game is just as bad as King Kong. In fact, I guess I am actually tempted to say worse, as I at least completed KK. My first go at CoJ ended after the intro. I decided to try it again today and have gotten some way in to the first level, being chased out of town after a blow job and I have had enough. Awful, awful game. I know it's a subjective issue and each to their own, and all that, but how on earth are there people who think this game is good? Have they not played many games or something? I find it very strange.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a great game well worth even £10. I just re-bought this again a few weeks ago for £4. Last time I played this game was in 2008, I completed the story in the 1st day then sold it. Back then I didn't care about fully maxing games out. Anyway its now almost 2014 & I can say this game is still as good as back then. The controls ain't the best in the world but the ain't bad either. All in all its a great game & to me its still a great game. Also I'm playing it with a totally broken xbox 360 controller & I'm fine. Then again I ain't your average noobie achievement gamer.

• 8 months later...

I didn't like this game very much. Granted, I played it in 2014, so the game is quite old by now. The story and characters were okay (am I supposed to like Billy? Because he's a thief all to willing to murder bandits and Indians :/). The graphics are terrible though, and the gameplay tactics are very outdated. Also, I hated the horseback sections. I'm going to get all the single-player achievements for it and then I'll be done.

• 4 months later...

I played this one late (not as late as some of you) so the MP cheevios were just about impossible, but storyline on this game was good enough for me to see it through. For less than £3 it's worth a go if you have nothing current to play. The sequel was awful though and I didn't play that one past the first couple of levels

• 9 months later...

Hard mode is pretty cheap, but I didn't think this was an awful game. I wouldn't consider myself awesome at first person shooters and I was able to complete the game. However, if do not have any love for the Old West then this game doesn't have anything for you.

• 1 year later...