.44 Magnum vs. REX

Eddy FIN

Magnum or REX?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Magnum or REX?

• Magnum
    • REX

Is it just me or is the Magnum a really hard weapon? It lets me down so many times in combat.. I often fire a shot towards an enemy, not being able to dial in a second shot before they kill me, only to see that they were dropped to somewhere between 1%-5% health from my first round. It seems like you always have to double-tap with the Magnum. (I play on Hardcore)

However with the REX I get one hit kills from distances that would for sure not have been killshots with the Magnum. They're both the same .44 caliber aren't they?

Which one do you prefer? For me, the REX, my only negative with it are the sights.

Magnum seems to have odd hit detection at times. I however prefer it over the REX, since I seem to do better with it than the REX.

However with the REX I get one hit kills from distances that would for sure not have been killshots with the Magnum. They're both the same .44 caliber aren't they?

No, they don't REX uses the .357 magnum calibre.

The REX is a .357, not a .44 so should be slightly weaker compared to the magnum.

oh, I recall looking them up and noticing they both were .44's. I was surprised by that -- well figures, since I saw wrong.

I guess then definitely there's something wrong with the hit detection since the REX appears to cause more damage with a lower caliber.

Gun Master is always a pain when you get to the .44 ;o But l think it's a funny bottleneck since a lot of people get a little stuck at it. :b

I voted for the Magnum, mainly because I've never used the REX before. Just recently I got the mastery tags with the magnum, and I can say if there is even a little bit of lag, the magnum is very difficult to kill people with. The hit detection seems off at times, but other than that it is a decent pistol and is very satisfying get kills with it.

.44 Magnum all the way. It's a one-shot kill if you manage the headshot and almost always a 2-hit kill otherwise. I am coming up on my Mastery Tags with the .44 and then I will be switching to the Rex, but the .44 Magnum will be my go-to handgun once I have all Mastery Tags.

And if you manage the headshot but the terrible hit detection kicks in then it's a 8-shot kill.

I used to think like you, that I would use the .44 as my go-to pistol once I reach 500 with the other but nope, I have barely gotten 10 kills with it apart from Gun Master.

My go-to pistol for now will always be the 93R if I have tryhard pants on. When it gets nerfed I will probably use the M1911 for Assault, Engi and Support and then either use Rex, 93R or G18 as Recon. G18 Suppressed has been nerfed to oblivion, I can't even kill a guy standing still with it now.

And if you manage the headshot but the terrible hit detection kicks in then it's a 8-shot kill.

I used to think like you, that I would use the .44 as my go-to pistol once I reach 500 with the other but nope, I have barely gotten 10 kills with it apart from Gun Master.

My go-to pistol for now will always be the 93R if I have tryhard pants on. When it gets nerfed I will probably use the M1911 for Assault, Engi and Support and then either use Rex, 93R or G18 as Recon. G18 Suppressed has been nerfed to oblivion, I can't even kill a guy standing still with it now.

Think my only .44 kills are from Gun Master. All whopping 12 of them. Rex? 3. Whoop.

G18? Ouch! That makes me sad panda to the extreme, haven't used it in a while to get some kills with other pistols I have sorely neglected. The G18 SUP was my go-to for ages, my top 5. With the TUGS, G18 and knife I'd wipe a whole squad out that's trying to counter cap :(

Since people are posting about pistols in general, I like to use the M9 or 1911. Good sights on both of them and I've gotten out of plently a jams with the M9.

... It's a one-shot kill if you manage the headshot ...

Doesn't that apply to any gun? ;V

Not in Battlefield- only snipers, .44 magnum, and slugs can kill in one headshot at any range

Good to know. That clears up some of those 'wtf I the only place that shot could've hit 'em was in the head that's sticking out!' -moments.

Still wouldn't like to get tagged in the head with an M60 :p

Since people are posting about pistols in general, I like to use the M9 or 1911. Good sights on both of them and I've gotten out of plently a jams with the M9.

Doesn't that apply to any gun? ;V

Snopes!

Not in Battlefield- only snipers, .44 magnum, and slugs can kill in one headshot at any range

^^^ What he said!

I definitely agree that the hit detection with a lot of the handguns is pure rubbish, but when it's on, the .44 can be absolutely devastating in close combat. The first time that I got a double-headshot/double kill with my .44 was the moment that I knew that it was going to be my go-to handgun in BF3. :D

• 1 year later...
MP412 REX is definitely my favorite hand gun in BF3. Its hip fire accuracy along with it stopping power is a great combo for me. I went 53-9 the other night with the QBU-88 and MP412 REX, the MP412 REX was my best weapon with 25 kills. Not to mention the reload animation for it is the sexiest in the game

N..N..N..ecro...POST!

But since you brought it back up, I'm going to have to change my preference. I can appreciate the .44 Magnum, but after getting used to the Rex, it is now my go-to sidearm of choice. The accuracy and hit detection seems to be more spot on, and the recoil is definitely more manageable.

N..N..N..ecro...POST!

But since you brought it back up, I'm going to have to change my preference. I can appreciate the .44 Magnum, but after getting used to the Rex, it is now my go-to sidearm of choice. The accuracy and hit detection seems to be more spot on, and the recoil is definitely more manageable.

I am good at doing that, bringing old threads back to light. But with good reason, I recently broke the Rex back out and got around 50 kills the other night with it.