Contextual Takedown Grind

• 3 weeks later...

Shipyard Infiltration, Assassinate Wombosi, and Eliminate Divandelen worked for me pretty well. I think I had to grind through the first two levels twice (after one complete playthrough). My first play through only netted ~50 or so of those.

There's a spot in the Divandelen level, right before the tram station where you fight 3 or 4 terrorists by an escalator and if you time your adrenaline bursts one at a time (so you don't do double or triple takedowns) you can throw all of them (separately) down the escalators. Then load the last checkpoint, rinse and repeat.

• 4 months later...

Actually the best place to grind it is the beginning of "Escape the Embassy". You can work on the melee kills on the 1st 2 then have your back to the Desk & it' an easy slam. The advantage is that you already have a full 3 adrenaline & the enemies are REALLY weak. After that, just hit last checkpoint. Rinse & repeat. I only had 42 after my playthru, & it only took me like 15-20 minutes to get it done.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I'm starting to wonder if doing contextual takedowns that do not finish off your enemy count - I have 30+ already through just the first three levels, and I think it might be because during each of the boss fights I typically get 3-4 takedowns into objects.

They don't, you have to knock your enemy out for it to count.

Shipyard level is a good place - get to the point where they throw a flashbang at you, knock the 5 guys out and reload the checkpoint. After you've done that the place where it shows you how to get shooting takedowns is a great place to grind them - kill the 3 guys, reload checkpoint and keep repeating until it pops