Anyone else excited for this game?

MyAbsolution

I'm stoked for the release of this game. I still have the original NES title, but I never could beat it. I remember getting to "Last 7 of 32" but that was about it. It just felt that in the higher levels pixels would drop from the game as the screen got more and more crowded, and I'd inevitably get hit by freaking invisible bullets.

I'm really surprised we haven't heard more about this game's release.

• 2 weeks later...
Workbench, man I hope you are wrong I think it has the classic and a new updated graphics version. I am really excited about it coming out also. I dropped a lot of quarters into that game back in the day. I never beat it if I remember correctly but I sure did enjoy playing it......

I don't think any one of us imagined that 1942: Joint Strike would be the same as the original. The developers even admitted that JS takes its inspiration from the entire 194X series, but tries to stay true to the spirit of the game. I'm betting that they've included some "ultra-moves" more akin to Raiden Fighters, just because that seems to be the path that vertical scrolling shooters are taking. It might be less believable, but heck, the first game had ONE plane fighting off thousands of Japanese planes. It should still be fun, if its 400 or 800MSP.

I'm pretty much looking forward to this game too, though I'm more anxious to see Castle Crashers appear. I hope it still closely resembles the original 1942. I remember having this on the Commodore 64...

Those were the days! :)

Excited about this game you ask? Yes.

Am I going to get this right at launch? I don't know. I already own Ikaruga and Triggerheart Exelica on XBL, and quite frankly could play those 24/7 and still never 100% them, so I don't know if I really need a 3rd shm'up or not.

Still waiting for Capcom to give us more news of Bionic Commando: Rearmed, that's really the arcade game I'm still waiting on.

I wish arcade games weren't all 800 points.

I think this game could be a lot fun but I'm a penny pincher and wish it were cheaper.

ya i know what you mean, i have the 1942 as a table top (i got alot of other classic ones as well too),

if it was abit cheeper like 400 i would be grabing alot of the stuff from the arcade, But its too much i dont bother because i can get my hands on the boards for the table tops and just change them out

ya i know what you mean, i have the 1942 as a table top (i got alot of other classic ones as well too),

if it was abit cheeper like 400 i would be grabing alot of the stuff from the arcade, But its too much i dont bother because i can get my hands on the boards for the table tops and just change them out

1942 as a tabletop? >_>

I'm going to assume such a game is a strategy game, and the version on live is in no way shape or form the same game.

As far as table top games go for their arcade translations, you usually save money by getting them on live. I know Catan is like a 40 dollar board game, and Ticket to Ride as well as Carcassonne aren't cheap games as well. Just throwing out there.

He means a tabletop as in an arcade cabinet that is kinda like a tabletop. It is a unit with a screen on the top of the "table" and it even has a seat attached to sit in while you play. Games that I remember that had this are Galaga, Pacman , I believe Bump 'n' Jump, and many onther Namco games for the most part.

Oh and to get to the point 1942 is a World War II themed top down shooter.

He means a tabletop as in an arcade cabinet that is kinda like a tabletop. It is a unit with a screen on the top of the "table" and it even has a seat attached to sit in while you play. Games that I remember that had this are Galaga, Pacman , I believe Bump 'n' Jump, and many onther Namco games for the most part.

Oh and to get to the point 1942 is a World War II themed top down shooter.

AHHHHHH!

I apologize. Yea, I forgot those things existed. Only seen like 2 of them in my entire life.

Am I going to get this right at launch? I don't know. I already own Ikaruga and Triggerheart Exelica on XBL, and quite frankly could play those 24/7 and still never 100% them, so I don't know if I really need a 3rd shm'up or not.

Still waiting for Capcom to give us more news of Bionic Commando: Rearmed, that's really the arcade game I'm still waiting on.

i hear you brother, plus i'm not too happy about almost all new releases being 800 points. i'm going to stay off of the arcade purchases for a while until they release a nice 400 pointer.

• 2 weeks later...

It is very hard, think the main reason its so tough is that it's hard to dodge bullets. Most SHMUPS just like the nose of your ship or a very small part of your ship is the hit box, but this the entire plane is the hit box and the movement is a lot slower.

And can I just say that I love the fact that nothing touches you it just gets close and it hurts you, wtf.

Edited by D3adcell86

Me too every wednesday I look for it. This game is a good diversion until then, that, and my pile of unfinished retail games.