900p resolution on Xbox One

OceanH

These resolution disparity news items are starting to get old. Maybe five years from now it might matter ... but for right now this is still true:

Xbox One Exclusives > PS4 Exclusives

And not just in numbers, but in quality. Killzone, Knack, Resogun, (and soon) Infamous and The Order just don't stack up against Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Powerstar Golf, (and soon) Titanfall.

Someday, I think the resolution disparity might matter when the PS4 actually has enough exclusives that it becomes a competitor (in my mind) that stacks up game for game with the Xbox One, but for now ... there aren't any games that I'd want to play on the PS4 anyways, so who cares if the third-party games can play at a slightly higher resolution.

That's like being upset that your car only goes 100mph when it's major competitor goes 110mph, but only works three days a week.

These resolution disparity news items are starting to get old. Maybe five years from now it might matter ... but for right now this is still true:

And not just in numbers, but in quality. Killzone, Knack, Resogun, (and soon) Infamous and The Order just don't stack up against Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Powerstar Golf, (and soon) Titanfall.

Someday, I think the resolution disparity might matter when the PS4 actually has enough exclusives that it becomes a competitor (in my mind) that stacks up game for game with the Xbox One, but for now ... there aren't any games that I'd want to play on the PS4 anyways, so who cares if the third-party games can play at a slightly higher resolution.

That's like being upset that your car only goes 100mph when it's major competitor goes 110mph, but only works three days a week.

Not for me; so far I find the PS4's exclusives far and way better than the Xbox One's exclusives.

I'm one of those people who can't really distinguish anything 720p from 1080p unless I've got my eyes a foot away from the display.

As long as I have fun with a console and the library of games that it provides then I'm set. Before I got a 360 I had a Wii...didn't play a whole lot on it but Super Mario Galaxy was great along with Red Steel 2 and Resident Evil 4. Those were the ones that I recall playing the most on the system. Other than Wii Sports. I had a fair time with it before I gave it away at least.

Not a whole lot of games on the PS4 really grab me...same goes for the stuff on the Xbox One right now. I was interested in The Order until I saw some of the gameplay footage. Now I've been put off from it a bit. There's some killer content that'll be available on the PS4 in time I think, some of the games that stand out to me the most are Hohokum (supposed to be available on the Vita and PS3 too), The Witness (timed exclusive but if it doesn't make it to the X1 I could give it a go on the PC), The Last Guardian (no idea what's happened to this), and Deep Down.

The Xbox has some interesting exclusives to me like Super T.I.M.E. Force (this is also coming to the 360 arcade), Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, maybe even D4 as the dude who directed Deadly Premonition is directing this. I'm looking forward to Below most of all (timed exclusive). Even though I'm slowly getting bored of Halo I'd like to keep up with the main games in the franchise.

For me it just boils down to where a majority of my friends are headed and what exclusives are appealing to me for now. I'm not sure if I'll eventually own both the PS4 and X1 but I don't care much for resolution or whatever the most powerful console is, I just want fun.

Not sure why 1080p vs 900p or 720p feels like such a big deal now. I'm not the most tech savvy guy out there and I'm not trying to sound like I've got my head up Microsoft's ass but sometimes I go back and watch VHS tapes from time to time. I don't even care much for the difference between high definition and standard although I can clearly see a difference.

Lulz seriously

Not sure why 1080p vs 900p or 720p feels like such a big deal now.

I would like to think it has something to do with a gaming PC has been able to push 1080p @ 60fps for a number of years, whereas in 2013/2014, there are still consoles (or at least a console... No one really cares about the Wii U :p) struggling to hit both, even one of the two at the moment.

Let's be honest, neither the PS4 or Xbox One are next gen consoles. They're stop gaps in my opinion, with a 5 year life at the most. You can't call a console with no features, low res and awful anti analyzing next gen, when my £400 laptop can do a better job.

Thief looks good, i was hoping for an open city to explore but i get the impression it's a liner structure. Hopefully there's some freedom of exploration within that.

...The Last Guardian (no idea what's happened to this)...

Oh, man, The Last Guardian. This was a game I purchased a PS3 to play, and now I fear it will never see the light of day. Ueda has more or less abandoned the project, though he claims a smaller team is "re-engineering" the game for a "re-introduction" at some point. Ugh.

Meanwhile Ueda's been wasting his time on things like Knack.

I honestly don't even want to see the game anymore with the amount of delays and "re-engineering" it's gone through... :(

I got Tomb Raider on PS4 because of the news that it ran at 60fps compared to the X1 version only running at 30fps. But these minor differences in resolution don't really matter to me.

As a side note, Tomb Raider on PS4 only hit 60fps from time to time depending on the size of the area. The Sony fanboys were claiming that it had double the frame rate, but no, not really.

I'm sightly concerned that the Xbox One can't meet the PS4 spec wise. I can understand the odd game but this is like the 3rd or 4th title where this is happening. I understand it's early days but I am curious as to why the Xbox One can't run these games at 1080 seeing how the competition can.

I would have thought with this new generation that both consoles would have been able to meet what PC's are meeting now with 1080 and 60fps but it seems neither can.

I would have thought with this new generation that both consoles would have been able to meet what PC's are meeting now with 1080 and 60fps but it seems neither can.

Well there is a $149 GPU which can do Titanfall better on PC than what the Xbox One can do.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/149-nvidia-gtx-750-ti-unveiled-plays-titanfall-better-than-xbox-one/1100-6417813/

Of course, you need a few other parts to actually make use of the GPU, but that "lol you spent $1000 to do what I can do on a $500 box" argument isn't as strong as what it used to be.

I'm sightly concerned that the Xbox One can't meet the PS4 spec wise. I can understand the odd game but this is like the 3rd or 4th title where this is happening. I understand it's early days but I am curious as to why the Xbox One can't run these games at 1080 seeing how the competition can.

I think they are holding back for the sake of money.